Prediction Your 2024 "Breakout" player?

Remove this Banner Ad

For me - I would love it to be Luke Pedlar or big Filthy. If it is both, we are in a good spot to finish top four.

Hopefully Rachele has another level to go to as he has already 'broken out' to a point.

If given an opportunity I reckon Zac Taylor would also surprise a few.

Brayden Cook would be a nice, and somewhat unexpected surprise if he were to cement a spot in the 22, but not sure he has it in him.

Agree re Curtin - what I saw at training last week shows me that come round one he will be a lock for the year.

My prediction of Sam Berry last year was a bit average upon reflection, but didn't he go backwards at a rate of knots?
If Thilthorpe and Pedlar were to ‘break out’ I reckon we’d be in premiership contention or top 4 at least

There are probably a dozen guys who could (and should) go to the next level in 2024, but its Rachele for me who would have the biggest impact.

He's already shown a lot, but for me he's the one who has the "Next Level" breakout ability, and more importantly he can do it in the position we are all desperate to see a Star player break out (Goal kicking Mid).

Josh Rachele, breakout player 2024. That's my pick!

Fogarty to kick 60+ goals
Pedlar to show why he will be our star mid for years
Nankervis to impress if he’s picked.

Maan I got a list 15 people long. Seems everyone's got a couple and between us all there's a huge list. Good signs for the list's development.

Cook. What G Kramer said. The McAdam spot is his and he has paid dues.

C'mon son, be the Stevie Johnson clone I always wished for.
I think the Stevie J is a good comparison, laconic type that can do the miraculous.
I hope they play him up forward this year instead of up the ground.
I think Gollant could do well this year if given the opportunity

I think the Stevie J is a good comparison, laconic type that can do the miraculous.
I hope they play him up forward this year instead of up the ground.
I think Golant could do well this year if given the opportunity
With Tex approaching the end of his career Gollant needs more match time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I said Curtin and Worrell. I also very very very much hope its also Pedlar through the middle AND Thilthorpe up forward. If we get a real ramp in production from both those boys and the first two, we are going ot be in for a real treat

With Tex approaching the end of his career Gollant needs more match time.
TBH I actually loved seeing Gollant as the 2nd ruck in the last round of the year. He had one centre bounce break away that really stood out.

I know we have Thilthorpe, but I still wouldn't mind seeing Lachie go back in the guts for a few hitouts this year. See if there really is something there, or if it was a flash in the pan

Have a feeling Rankine is going to absolutely tear the comp a new one this year..

We have an incredible list of amazing young talent. If even half of these fire consistently. Look out!
  • Rankine
  • Thilthorpe
  • Rash
  • Soligo
  • Pedlar
  • Fogarty
  • Worrell
  • Max
  • Nank
  • Cook
  • Hinge
  • Jones
Curtin gets a pass in his debut year, but expecting huge things from him. I suspect he'll play 17+ games.

Have a feeling Rankine is going to absolutely tear the comp a new one this year..

We have an incredible list of amazing young talent. If even half of these fire consistently. Look out!
  • Rankine
  • Thilthorpe
  • Rash
  • Soligo
  • Pedlar
  • Fogarty
  • Worrell
  • Max
  • Nank
  • Cook
  • Hinge
  • Jones
Curtin gets a pass in his debut year, but expecting huge things from him. I suspect he'll play 17+ games.
Curtain is interesting. I had literally zero faith in Max being ready for round 1. I was pretty vocal about how I thought he needed a year of development and 10kg of weight. Turns out I was 100% off the boil on that one.

Curtain is a mountain of an 18 year old, and looks as physically ready as any rookie i've ever seen. But I am also a little wary about the Fischer McAsey round 1 debut at KPD. Not saying they are the same player at all, only KPD is a position where your confidence can be lost very quickly.

A lot of water to go under the bridge before round 1 selection, but for me, i'd be equally OK with him playing round 1, or spending a bit of time in the 2's before his debut.

Curtain is interesting

This is another interesting curtain:
51diugkeamL._AC_.jpg

xD couldn't help it, sorry...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back