your 20s v 30s v 40s v 50s

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm glad I did it when I was younger, I'd struggle with the hours these days I reckon.
I was mid 30s and in a small country town, it was not financially viable to hire too many staff and yer the hours were horrendous. Having 2 children going through their first few years of schooling made it pretty full on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I liked all the decades but think they get a bit better as you get older so 40s.

my 20s have been riddled with anxiousness, self doubt, and mistakes aplenty. thats why I started this thread, if this is the best decade i'll experience then I may as well just live in a van by the river

You are probably like most people then. Will be generally happier later in life and more at ease in your head. You'll still long for some of the freedoms of the younger days and look back wishing you could have just enjoyed it and not been so damn neurotic.

"Youth is wasted on the young" Welcome to the human condition.

30s was probably the best
or late 20s
40s so far have been nothing but horrible apart from the first few days (long term depression hit its hardest since my teens)

sorry to hear HL, was it a particular event that triggered it or is it something that comes and goes of its own accord?

my 20s have been riddled with anxiousness, self doubt, and mistakes aplenty. thats why I started this thread, if this is the best decade i'll experience then I may as well just live in a van by the river
Anxiousness, and self doubt are going to live with you forever, they're just more amplified when your younger. It never goes away, you just learn better coping mechanisms.

30s easily

one bit of advice - don't marry the first girl you fall in love with

I agree, even though I'm 18 years in and as happy as ever

You've gotta knock back a lot along the way, and from experience my story is exceedingly rare

Really depends on the decisions you make and the breaks you get. But probably the 30s for me.
Just started the 50s and with ageing parents with increasing care needs, teenagers in private schools, a fairly hefty home loan, trying to put a nest egg away and long work hours to try and cover it all. Feels like a lot of responsibility. Just hoping I get to 60 with everything more or less sorted.

If I had my time again, I wish I'd started financial planning in my 20s rather than waiting until my 40s, instead of pissing it all away. Still, I did have many good times and adventures in my 20s and 30s, met my wife, and started a family.

Every decade has it's rewards and challenges but in your 30s you're generally on a pretty good wage with a fair amount of freedom and relatively few responsibilities and worries.

Different for everyone though I suppose.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back