Your 3k time trial??

Remove this Banner Ad

tige19

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 13, 2003
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Ok I think I did this a few years back! Anyhow I thought I would do it again!

Played a decent level and know my way around the footy field but have never been aeriobically the fittest guy and Im just in my rehab for some shoulder surgery I needed after a finals loss this season so I'm not expecting to much out of my self... I'm about to go down to the run track and see what time I'll run! Mid season I ran 11:45 which is going good guns for me because I am normally arpund 12:20-12:40.

So boys post your 3k times here throughout the pre season and well see how much we improve, also give us your height and weight.

I'll be back with my time soon enough.

176cm 81kgs

I think I'm around the same I used to run 2400m on the treadmill once per week and I got down to just under 10 minutes but I'm not sure what I could do now. I barely have time to go to the gym now anyway

Just back from a knee injury ran 13:10 on Wednesday before I went down I ran just under 11:40. Would love to get it just on the 11 minute mark.

Just slowly getting fitter, and have done 2km and 2.5km runs, so I will post my 3km time trial when I get around to that.

i havent run 3.0km exactly in recent times. As a kid i ran the distance many many times on weekend cross country, but rarely got under 13mins. That was almost 10 years ago now.

But 2 weeks ago i got 8:10 for 2.4 km, and in a recent event where we ran in a 10 man relay team, doing 3 laps each of a 3.6km couse(takes several hours), i was averaging 12:45(in severe heat)

Have always been a solid endurance athlete, albeit a little workman-like, but in recent months, almost 21yo, i have physically peaked i think. Have my eye currently on doing a half-marathon, as ive never ran beyond 15km before. In the last couple of years ive never ran a race longer than 10km.

Im not focussing on running at the moment - too early IMO. Im focussing on weights and a bit of plyos and doing one run a week. As such my 3.3km time trial (its my local loop) has drifted out to 14-15 minutes, but I was running low 12mins during the season. Im hoping to get it (3.3km) down into the 12:00-12:30 range come first preseason game, and I have an extensive running program planned commence after new year.

10:15 yesterday

186cm 85kg.

But I am a triathlete which helps a little bit...

Best is 15m 27s, pretty slow. It got me 16th in my Year 8 CC race. But I might try it out again today when im at my unfitest (cricket season) and tell you all the result.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ran 10 50 in november
doing another one soon but have recently had a slight back injury and havent been able to run so we'll see if i improve

you must be fit icrow - midfielder for sure?

Done FA cardio, went for a 5.5km run last week and had two swim sessions. Earlier today I timed myself at 12.50 for a 3km run as mapped out on google.

Not sure about my 3km time, but for our first pre season session in November we did a 2.4km time trial and i ran 9.29. Was pretty happy with that for the first session.

10:15 yesterday

186cm 85kg.

But I am a triathlete which helps a little bit...

my current claim to fame is that i used to beat brian mcleod, even though i was 16 and he was 13 S=

unfortunately i've given them away and dropped away significantly, while brian has kicked on nicely. 13:22 today, so we'll see if i can get it to sub 12 again before season, i've not done much this off-season yet.

my current claim to fame is that i used to beat brian mcleod, even though i was 16 and he was 13 S=

unfortunately i've given them away and dropped away significantly, while brian has kicked on nicely. 13:22 today, so we'll see if i can get it to sub 12 again before season, i've not done much this off-season yet.

Running is bad for you. I now have a stress fracture in my left ankle...

How rude, I asked for everyones time and I didnt put mine up!! been away in Perth with the mrs for a few weeks so ive been slack with posting...

Time I did for 3k was 12.27, should be in the 11s come start of the season which is a big enough engine for a local level midfielder.

Also did the Tan the other day and ran that in 17.23 and also been running the Marby river with a team mate but can't remember the time. A little way to go but I'm happy coming back from Perth and eating and drinking a s**t load that I onloy put on 1 kg.

How are we all going?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back