Your 3km time trial??

Remove this Banner Ad

Very good time for that build. Seems like you're solidly built already for a 16 year old and to run a 11:12 is very impressive. If you keep running you'll improve over time and eventually crack 11 minutes.

Some lad I know broke the record for his age group in the region the year before last when he ran it in 10mins 30secs (not approximate).

The fastest I've ever done it is 12.23.

Do you guys do it on the track? where its flat or what?

I did 3.2km today and ran 13:48 which is ok considering it was hot and only just getting back into the preseason training really. Hope to improve quite a bit soon though.

Do you guys do it on the track? where its flat or what?

I did 3.2km today and ran 13:48 which is ok considering it was hot and only just getting back into the preseason training really. Hope to improve quite a bit soon though.

Usually on grass mate.

might give it another crack tomorrow

did one a couple weeks back and clocked in at 11:30

I thought I'd have another crack tonight after footy training. I did the 3kms in 11mins 20sec about five weeks ago, tonight I did it in 11 minutes flat. I'm hoping to crack 10 minutes before the season starts.

am 17, 175cm/60kg start of the year i ran 10.40, but for our 6k races ran a 19.47 in august, hopefully next time i go the three k can break 10.

Dude if you stay true to form or improve you ought to be pissed off if you don't break 9:30 - that is if the 6K is accurately measured. Nice moving:thumbsu:

10 20 on the Track for 3km

10 45 on Princess Park 3.182km

Getting there slowly. Building towards Half Mara in around 1hr 25-30

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Running on a dirt track in desert today in 40 degree heat (working on a gold mine-Jundee) I did 15:58. It may be a little longer than 3km, maybe 3.2km.

Pretty crap, but I do have a heart condition and a narrowed aorta, which prevents decent blood flow. Hoping to get sub 15 one day :eek:

Running on a dirt track in desert today in 40 degree heat (working on a gold mine-Jundee) I did 15:58. It may be a little longer than 3km, maybe 3.2km.

Pretty crap, but I do have a heart condition and a narrowed aorta, which prevents decent blood flow. Hoping to get sub 15 one day :eek:

Did it in 15:16 today :) Now I have 3 weeks off to get married, and probably wont run more than 10 meters in that time :rolleyes:

I would assume alot of people would have a kick at some level or have done in the past and for the most part 90% of clubs do time trials for 3km, sooooo the question is what was your best time and what is your current time. Should be interesting to compare everyone :thumbsu:

*Best time 11.45 under 18s 2002
*Most recent time 12.47
mine is 12.08 but do u no a way i could maybe get it better and improve it before my next one its in 4 weeks time iv been doin heaps of swimming how and running what else is there to do?

Haha.. Spending my time on the train home reading up about elite times for the ol' 3km time trial and have come to the conclusion that 99% of posters are really slow.. I did my first 3km TT when I was 130 kgs and ran a disgracefull 15 minutes.. Over the last few years (slowly but surely) I'm now running mid tens. Now I wanted to mention that half of my senior teams trial was well under 12..

My question.. Why are the times mentioned in this forum so ****in slow? :thumbsdown:

My question.. Why are the times mentioned in this forum so ****in slow? :thumbsdown:

It's probably got a lot to do with the fact that most of the posters are suburban footballers and not runners. You don't need to run 10:xx to be a good suburban/schoolboy midfielder - if you can it's handy.

If you go to a club athletics meet (good way to keep fit during summer all you suburban footballers!!) during summer they'll split the 3K into sub 11 and 11 + minutes, with about 20 or so runners in each event.

Having said that, I hope to break my age for 3K this summer (sub 9:36 @ 36), but put me on a suburban footy oval and I'd get crushed like a bug.

Just a matter of perspective really...

At the moment? About 3 years.:D I'm not unfit (still swim reguraly), but haven't properly trained for running since school finished. At school I used to always make those athletic squads for cross country, so wasn't too bad in the day... I can't remember the exact time, but it was around the 10 minutes and 30 seconds mark. For a 17km I did 4 years ago now, I got a time of 1 hour and 20 minutes, which I was pretty happy with at the time.

hey boys......

im a 17yo, 195cm, 88kg key forward(play for a s**t footy club) i run the 3km in 10.20 yesterday!! but my best is 9.57...
what does a gun AFL forward run it in (e.g Nick Riewoldt)

hey boys......

im a 17yo, 195cm, 88kg key forward(play for a s**t footy club) i run the 3km in 10.20 yesterday!! but my best is 9.57...
what does a gun AFL forward run it in (e.g Nick Riewoldt)

Very nice moving for a big fella...

As for the big AFL forwards, I wouldn't know for certain but you'd have most covered (but they'd have a minimum of 4-5 more kilos of meat to lug around).

Haha.. Spending my time on the train home reading up about elite times for the ol' 3km time trial and have come to the conclusion that 99% of posters are really slow.. I did my first 3km TT when I was 130 kgs and ran a disgracefull 15 minutes.. Over the last few years (slowly but surely) I'm now running mid tens. Now I wanted to mention that half of my senior teams trial was well under 12..

Well it's been 3 yrs since I started this thread so being pre season again I'll ramp it back up all be it 3 ops later and a turning 27 yr old.

To the above post pull your head out of your arse mate, any footballer at any level in the 11s for a 3km is considered fairly elite, anything under 11 is flying. I know when I was at VFL level most blokes would be between 10-12 mins with some of the boys higher 12s-13s.

Anyway post your height/weight and time.

176cm 83kg - 12.15 (first time)

Well being 191cm and 100+ kgs i have only managed a 13:48 in recent times :( Trying to get fitter and lose some of those man ****. I'm aiming for a 13:00 flat.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back