Your 3km time trial??

Remove this Banner Ad

the thing is if u wanna make afl or even vfl and higher level teams u will need a good time for it lol

Not many good runners in the afl ..there is a few ..I think most mids in the afl should be atleast be able to run 10 mins for 3 km ..that ain't quick ...and elite mid who takes his footy very seriously should be able to run well under 10 mins ...I started running in 2019 ..this is my second year and I can clearly say there is no afl runner that can runner quicker than me over 3000m and I'm turning 46 soon ..so that should tell you about the kinda overpaid athletes these football players are ...who get paid overkill

I started running in 2019 ..this is my second year and I can clearly say there is no afl runner that can runner quicker than me over 3000m and I'm turning 46 soon ..so that should tell you about the kinda overpaid athletes these football players are

How can you “clearly” say that there’s no player quicker then you over 3km?

You have the inside info and records of all clubs 3km times?

Not many good runners in the afl ..there is a few ..I think most mids in the afl should be atleast be able to run 10 mins for 3 km ..that ain't quick ...and elite mid who takes his footy very seriously should be able to run well under 10 mins ...I started running in 2019 ..this is my second year and I can clearly say there is no afl runner that can runner quicker than me over 3000m and I'm turning 46 soon ..so that should tell you about the kinda overpaid athletes these football players are ...who get paid overkill
you realise these guys aren't built to be pure endurance athletes right? they're carrying a crap load of extra weight and training for strength and speed as well.
if you gave them enough time to change their physique and focus solely on run training i dare say you'd get quite a few with quicker times than yourself.

...the best distance runners on an AFL field are probably the boundary umpires.

Yeh I hear what you say ..but these guys are full timers ..they don't have any other job other than to train ..train and train ...I was talking solely on the mids / and players playing wing too ..and they do cover alot of ground (km) from chasing the ball for duration of a match ..just my point is they should be running quicker than what they are ..their not that professional most of em don't watch their diet ..hell fair few drink too between games

How can you “clearly” say that there’s no player quicker then you over 3km?

You have the inside info and records of all clubs 3km times?
Give em too me ...the 18 year olds drafted would be the quickest ..if the combine is anything to go by ..the 2 km time trial they need to do ...one lad clocked 5:50 ..most of the other top elite talents 6mins and very low 6 mins

Give em too me ...the 18 year olds drafted would be the quickest ..if the combine is anything to go by ..the 2 km time trial they need to do ...one lad clocked 5:50 ..most of the other top elite talents 6mins and very low 6 mins

I don't have the times mate. You're the one saying "clearly" they wouldn't be quicker over 3k without any facts to back up your statement.

What is your 3km time?

you realise these guys aren't built to be pure endurance athletes right? they're carrying a crap load of extra weight and training for strength and speed as well.
if you gave them enough time to change their physique and focus solely on run training i dare say you'd get quite a few with quicker times than yourself.

...the best distance runners on an AFL field are probably the boundary umpires.
Too late to change and alterThey won't be able to change their physique ..if they do they will get weaker

Too late to change and alterThey won't be able to change their physique ..if they do they will get weaker
thats the point. they need to carry the extra weight in order to play Aussie Rules but it's not conducive to running a good 3k time.
go watch an elite mens steeplechase or flat 3000m and tell me how many of those blokes you reckon have a body that looks AFL ready.

thats the point. they need to carry the extra weight in order to play Aussie Rules but it's not conducive to running a good 3k time.
go watch an elite mens steeplechase or flat 3000m and tell me how many of those blokes you reckon have a body that looks AFL ready.

Are you trying to compare pure athletes with afl players plz.. stop before you embarass yourself ...yeh there are some players that play afl that have good skills ..but it's few and far between ..majority are just serviceable players ..the stanndard of footy is pretty woeful

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back