Universal Love Your 5 Favourite Carlton Games of the Decade

Remove this Banner Ad

1. 2013 Elimination final vs Tigers.
Incredible match and the loudest Carlton crowd I've ever experienced, despite being outnumbered.
When Juddy kicked that goal and Jeffy sealed the deal. So many emotions.

It'll take something absolutely spectacular to top this match for me. Perhaps only #17.

2. 2013 vs Port Adelaide
I'm still unsure how we won this but wow.
I watch this match whenever I'm having a bad day. Crazy.
It was the very last match of the home and away season and the math was simple. Win and we play the Tiges in the Elimination final, lose and seasons over.

I remember running up and down the house when that final siren sounded. I've never had so much adrenaline. Unreal.

3. 2011 vs * - Round 18 match
What an amazing match.
Eddie kicked 8, danced around a bunch of * cones and kicked a beauty from a sharp angle. My goal of the year.

And Andrew Walker... Wowee
That mark. Incredible.

4. 2019 vs Freo
Away from home without Crippa and severely undermanned.
Two words... Marc Murphy.
This will go down in history as one of our greatest victories. Amazing.
Made me love Murph even more. Didn't think that was possible. What a champion.

5. 2014 vs West Coast
That Menzel goal had me up and jumping. What a feel good win.

Go blues!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

1. 2013 Elim vs Richmond. Best crowd I’ve heard since late 90s. 95k at full voice. I blacked out momentarily after the Judd goal.

2. 2011 Elim vs *. Just delicious to give * a glimmer of false hope early then dominate and brutalise them. Also delicious to think this loss was the tipping pointing to send Hird over the edge.

3. 2012 Rd 3 vs Collingwood- the one time in the decade I thought we were legitimate. A false dawn but that was an incredible night.

4. 2013 Rd 23 vs Port - glorious, powerful overrunning 4th quarter. Gibbs and Murph brought it big time.

5. 2011 Rd 6 vs Sydney - probably Judd’s finest game for the club. Beating Sydney in Sydney then really meant something, especially in the wet.

Honourable mentions:

GWS win in 2017
Geelong win 2010
Collingwood win 2017
Richmond win H&A late 2013
Adelaide 2019
Freo 2019

1. 2013 Elim vs Richmond. Best crowd I’ve heard since late 90s. 95k at full voice. I blacked out momentarily after the Judd goal.
I believe a doctor sitting nearby saw you and declared "it was fitting".

Easy first choice being the Elimination Final against the Tiges.

What about Simmo's 250th or 300th against Port Adelaide at Etihad. We came from behind to get him the win and the emotion at the game was palpable! Weren't winning many around then either. Don't remember what year or round... anyone remember?

Pretty sure the season where we finished 5th and lost to WCE away would have had a few fantastic games too.
Simmos 250th is the one you're thinking of....we unfortunately lost in his 300th.

250th was round 8 2016 against Port. The ending scenes of that game at the ground were a real highlight. Everyone in the crowd so happy that we got the win in a milestone game. Gibbs jumping over to hug Simmo and people in the stands high fiving while singing the song.

Easy first choice being the Elimination Final against the Tiges.

What about Simmo's 250th or 300th against Port Adelaide at Etihad. We came from behind to get him the win and the emotion at the game was palpable! Weren't winning many around then either. Don't remember what year or round... anyone remember?

Pretty sure the season where we finished 5th and lost to WCE away would have had a few fantastic games too.

Simmos 300th was at the MCG
First game I took my youngest son too.

3. 2012 Rd 3 vs Collingwood- the one time in the decade I thought we were legitimate. A false dawn but that was an incredible night.

We were legit! Then we played the * the next round and, as they were high on drugs, they quite literally destroyed us and we basically didn't recover. Injuries took over and we fell badly. That round 4 game though was the game we had a couple key injuries from * players which really pissed me off. It actually prompted Ratts to find out how a team we smashed by 10+ goals 6 months earlier could rag doll us around so easily... Unfortunately it was the end of Ratts' coaching career with us and led to us rebuilding to where we are today.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back