Your 5 Favourite Posters of All Time

Remove this Banner Ad

Not at all:

Queensland are where all the hillbillies live but we need somewhere to go on holiday
ACT is where all the w***ers live but they let you have firecrackers

South Australia is the only place in Australia where bathwater is more drinkable than tap water

Northern Territory is too far away and everything there tries to kill you... but they have the Rioli footy factory
Any w***ers in particular you are referring to.

Ok so my top 5 favourite posters of all time

Number 5
images - 2020-06-06T050929.450.jpeg
The iconic 1970s Farrah Fawcett poster.
My brother had this poster on his wall. He and about 4 million other 16 yr old boys had this one up in their bedrooms.
He mustn't have had enough blue tack holding it up though cos at night I could hear a fap fap fap noise. Maybe it was the corner of the poster moving in the breeze??

Number 4
images - 2020-06-06T052457.851.jpeg

The amazing poster of Ali standing over Liston. I had this on my hallway wall in my first house. Liston got knocked out by one of Ali's best ever punches (that actually missed Liston's chin by about 4 inches) .
The phantom punch they called it.
Liston went down quicker than a cheap hookers undies.

Number 3
16640_4.jpg

I had Jackos Thriller poster on my wall way back in 1983 when I was a lad.
. Little did I know that young black man staring down at me would end up being far far more scary than the actual monsters in that poster.

Number 2
images - 2020-06-06T051420.729.jpeg
This iconic poster graced the walls of just about every pub in Melbourne in the 70s and 80s.
Great advertising ploy to show what looks like a homeless man with a speech impediment admitting that he gets on the sauce before noon everyday.
He was a huge role model for me.

Number 1
images - 2020-06-06T051158.715.jpeg
the famous 1977 poster of the woman pulling a tennis ball out of her dress and showing the cheeky side of an other wise bat s**t boring sport.
this graced a lot of fridges and the back of toilet doors in the late 70s early 80s.
Here much later in life the lass showed us that her booty was still indeed worthy of holding balls against.

Last edited:

war-of-the-worlds-wallpapers.jpg

etc (won't post them all, but they fascinated me in their day)

Last edited:
That one and Trainspotting for me.

Yes!

I also remember at some stage having The Usual Suspects, Fight Club, Chopper and X-Men.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its amazing how often 1 stupid post derails a whole thread. :drunk: :p

Not stupid...just another direction. This poster has great sentimental value to me..

images.jpeg-159.jpg

I think it was the first time at age 11 or 12 I discovered the art of self love..

Good, uncomplicated times..

Not stupid...just another direction. This poster has great sentimental value to me..

View attachment 887658

I think it was the first time at age 11 or 12 I discovered the art of self love..

Good, uncomplicated times..

Yes Mr Hardwick!!!!

Chinatown also a sensational film and I’d never given any thought to the poster design before which is sensational. Who knew this truly terrible thread would suddenly do such a promising U-turn?

Chinatown also a sensational film and I’d never given any thought to the poster design before which is sensational. Who knew this truly terrible thread would suddenly do such a promising U-turn?
So much better now.

I was pretty keen to give one of our kids the middle name of Danger because it was Austin Powers’ middle name. If our third had been a boy and not a girl, I would have been successful.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back