Business & Finance Your advertising sh*tlist - what TV ads have annoyed you so much you will never ever buy their product?

Remove this Banner Ad

Any ad that features a mega star. Not so much the products they are selling but their own movies/songs.

To quote Bill Hicks..

You do a commercial, folks, you’re off the artistic roll call for ever. You’re another corporate shill, you’re a whore at the capitalist gang bang, and if you do a commercial there’s a price on your head. Everything you say is suspect and everything that comes out of your mouth is now like a turd falling into my drink.’

That ad that starts with the kids saying "are we there yet?" then a voiceover trying to sound all profound releasing "are we there yet"

Don't even know what it's for, but just tell me what your selling and why it might benefit me please, cut the crap.

Bank ads - those ones that seem all mysterious and you have no idea what they are going to be about. Well you know it's going to be about a bank, they are just too ashamed of themselves to admit it up front.

Ads that I think ultimately insult/patronise women by making men out to be fools, and women the obviously smart ones, because they make the smart decision to buy the product. Please. (must admit this seems to be less of a thing now)

The Gillette ad was pretty dumb too, as insulting your customers is an odd strategy.

That ad that starts with the kids saying "are we there yet?" then a voiceover trying to sound all profound releasing "are we there yet"

Don't even know what it's for, but just tell me what your selling and why it might benefit me please, cut the crap.

Bank ads - those ones that seem all mysterious and you have no idea what they are going to be about. Well you know it's going to be about a bank, they are just too ashamed of themselves to admit it up front.

Ads that I think ultimately insult/patronise women by making men out to be fools, and women the obviously smart ones, because they make the smart decision to buy the product. Please. (must admit this seems to be less of a thing now)

The Gillette ad was pretty dumb too, as insulting your customers is an odd strategy.

Yeah, there's one of those doing the rounds at the moment - for Hilux or similar I think. The one where the kid loses "Bon Bon" the stuffed rabbit so the family retraces their steps to find him.

Then the Mum finds the rabbit in her handbag so she just chucks him in the long grass for Dad to find.

In my mind this advert can only be interpreted in two ways:
  1. Mum is scared of Dad, and is scared of his reaction should she reveal that she was the cause of the wild goose chase. Awkward DV vibe.
  2. Mum is insecure and can't bear the thought of Dad having the high moral ground, even over a simple mistake, so she covers her tracks. Awkward relationship dynamics vibe.

Yeah, there's one of those doing the rounds at the moment - for Hilux or similar I think. The one where the kid loses "Bon Bon" the stuffed rabbit so the family retraces their steps to find him.

Then the Mum finds the rabbit in her handbag so she just chucks him in the long grass for Dad to find.

In my mind this advert can only be interpreted in two ways:
  1. Mum is scared of Dad, and is scared of his reaction should she reveal that she was the cause of the wild goose chase. Awkward DV vibe.
  2. Mum is insecure and can't bear the thought of Dad having the high moral ground, even over a simple mistake, so she covers her tracks. Awkward relationship dynamics vibe.

Rule #1 - A woman is never wrong

Rule #2 - If a woman is wrong, see Rule #1

My vote,

Anything that is pathetically jumping on the woke train.
* off, pathetically transparent.
Toyota Im looking at you, but your not alone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All those deliberately annoying ones on 3aw.

Not naming names, it only encourages them.

And to add insult to injury, the radio hosts gotta talk them up as well, obviously can't be dissing companies bringing in the cash.

All those deliberately annoying ones on 3aw.

Not naming names, it only encourages them.

And to add insult to injury, the radio hosts gotta talk them up as well, obviously can't be dissing companies bringing in the cash.

I'm seriously over the way AW do their ads now- before news: AD, after main news: ADS, after weather: AD. Not to mention their 240 ad breaks during the hour.

******* over it, have been listening to Ross and Russ way less in comparison to Ross and John.
(also is it a coincidence since the "ad man" joined the team, suddenly they've squeezed in more ads. I think not)

I'm seriously over the way AW do their ads now- before news: AD, after main news: ADS, after weather: AD. Not to mention their 240 ad breaks during the hour.

******* over it, have been listening to Ross and Russ way less in comparison to Ross and John.
(also is it a coincidence since the "ad man" joined the team, suddenly they've squeezed in more ads. I think not)
Listen to 6pr.

Strangely i havent seen a step one ad since i posted in here theyre annoying. Good result so far, hopefully ads canceled for good

Sportsbet and pointsbet cant be avoided sadly

If any of you cnuts employ the Blind factoreeeeee you should be thrown in jail. Yes jail...I hate the Australian spelling!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back