Your AFL team's SuperCoach preview

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't spud win a SC weekly last year?
Oh yeah, he got top score. I think it was the week they played the Tiges actually because I think he made a joke about not wanting to man up on Dusty as he had him in SuperCoach.
Still, Spud is a spud.

Oh yeah, he got top score. I think it was the week they played the Tiges actually because I think he made a joke about not wanting to man up on Dusty as he had him in SuperCoach.
Still, Spud is a spud.
Yeah, sounds right. Did in fact shut down Dusty in the second half after he touched up Atley in the first.

With thanks to SK_MD_#7 ;

Here we go krk004 my thoughts..

#1 - Tom Hickey
2015 Position: RUCK
Started the 2014 season off really well and assuming he can remain injury-free it's very likely he'll remain our #1 ruckman in 2015. So could be worth the punt again in season 2015 more so in Supercoach i think. But Kreuzer, Leuenberger and Bellchambers are others around the same price. Tom would be bit more of a POD though.

#2 - Arryn Siposs
2015 Position: FWD
Won't play until mid-year.. Pass, pass, pass!

#3 - Jack Steven
2015 Position: MID
Bargain price.. Think back to 2013 when he averaged 110 in Supercoach! 2014 was ruined by injury but i have no doubt he can get back to his very best next season. Currently locked in my side.

#4 - Eli Templeton
Probably not one i'd start with at the moment.. But he is hoping to play midfield/high half forward next season so it he plays that role in the NAB Challenge and produces handy scores he would definitely be worth considering.

Late Information: Alan Richardson said today that he'll spend a lot more time on the wing this season! Good news.

#5 - Shane Savage
2015 Position: DEF
If he continues his half back role it would be worth considering him again. As once he moved back in 2014 he was performing pretty well and produced some good fantasy scores (In SC when he moved back his scores were: 94, 104, 119, 76, 136, 104, 46, 48). Keep an eye on his role and scoring in the NAB Challenge.

#6 - Sebastian Ross
I'm really confident 2015 is the season we see Rossy step up and cement his spot in the senior team. He is at an awkward price so you'd probably get a safer option around the same price or a little cheaper. I'll see how he does perform in the NAB Challenge though as with Lenny now retired there is a spot to be taken.

#7 - Luke Dunstan
He was a good cash cow in 2014 but i probably wouldn't start with him in 2015 unless he looks like he can score very decently which is probably a bit unlikely heading into just his second season. Will be a future premium fantasy player though!

#8 - Blake Acres
2015 Positon: MID
He is bascially the same price as a few of the top draftees in Supercoach and Dream Team but with an extra pre-season under his belt. I think he'll see a lot of senior football in 2015! Would probably lock him in my AFL Fantasy side if you are playing that game.

Late Information: Alan Richardson said today he feature a lot early in the 2015 season!

#9 - Tom Lee
Not a Fantasy freindly player. Pass

#10 - Daniel Markworth
Heading into his 4th season and has been unlucky in his first three seasons at the club, hopefully that luck is now behind him and he can have a good run in the seniors next season. Currently in my side depending on his NAB Challenge form if he plays in it and if he is named in the round 1 side.

#11 - Leigh Montagna
A bit underpriced for what he can produce and underperformed a little in 2014 because he was apparently playing injured. He could be a good "smokey" type selection if you took the punt on him. Will probably be the player opposition clubs send their taggers with though.

#12 - Nick Riewoldt
He may be 32 but he didn't look like slowing down in 2014! So i think that could continue next season with him continuing a good 90+ average. Another player that you could pick as a bit of a "smokey" selection as not many will probably start with him. I did so last year and got the reward early in the season!

Late Information: Alan Richardson said today he'll play a bit more deep forward this season.

#13 - Adam Schneider
Is now a rookie and needs an injury or something to be elevated. Sorry Schneids but it's a pass.

#14 - Jarryn Geary
He isn't someone that'll score big a lot and more of a lock down type player. Some may take the punt on him at his price but it is a pass for me at the moment..

#15 - Jack Billings
Pretty similar to what i said about Luke Dunstan. Could he possibly pull a Chad Wingard second season though? doubtful being in the young saints line up but it might be worth seeing how his role is in the NAB Challenge and if his role looks fantasy friendly he would definitely worth considering. Like Dunstan will be a future fantasy lock!

Late Information: Richo said today that Jack Billings will spend more time in the midfield this season.

#16 - Jack Newnes
2015 Position: DEF/MID
There has been a bit of hype around Newnesy over this pre-season with him performing well in time trials and training with the midfielders. Also saying so himself that he has put on a kg or two over this pre-season to play as an inside midfielder. It is looking likely he'll be spending most of his 2015 season as a midfielder so worth some consideration for sure! Sitting in my side at the moment and if i lock him in or not will depend on his role and how he performs in the NAB Challenge. Could see him averaging 90-95.

#17 - Dylan Roberton
He is on the cheap side and in 2013 he started the year really well including producing a few handy Supercoach scores. Injury affected 2014 but going by reports he is enjoying a good pre-season along with putting on some weight but is training as a key defender.. Another who might be worth watching in the NAB Challenge! Doubt he'll be someone you would lock in your side for the season though more of a mid-priced cash cow or something.

#18 - Billy Longer
Not a fantasy freindly player just yet and better options around for a similar price. A pass sorry big Billy!

#19 - Sam Gilbert
Missing Round 1 with injury and who knows after that. Definitely a pass for him, sorry Gilbo.

#20 - David Armitage
He averaged 92 in 2013 & 93 in 2014 (Supecoach). After coming back from injury a more fit player last season after suffering a injury in round 4 he produced Supercoach scores of 94, 85, 63, 110, 144, 120, 94, 90, 83, 125 and 98 after scores of 55, 86, 73 and 84 until he got injured. He'll be getting a lot more responsibility with the retirement of Lenny Hayes and i think his average could jump a bit higher again this season. Possible smokey selection.. But probably better options around the same price.

#21 - Luke Delaney
Key defender.. rarely touches the ball... need i say more?? pass sorry Lukey.

#22 - Farren Ray
A good solid role player but not someone i'd go picking in fantasy games.

#23 - Spencer White
Won't score much points being a young key forward. So another pass for me.

#24 - Sean Dempster
Good player for the mighty sainters and our back line but better options around in SC/DT/AF.

#25 - Sam Fisher
32 and has had his injury problems over the last few years but has proven he can still score after solid performances in the backend of 2014. He isn't someone i'll be picking because he is too risky with those injuries!

#26 - Tom Curren
2015 Position: MID/FWD
He is a tagger and you don't pick taggers! Unless he is releashed from all tagging duties and shows that he can score well as a pure midfielder than i'd be avoiding.
#27 - Josh Bruce
Training with the forwards and will probably play resting ruck but not someone i'd be picking. Unless in the NAB Challenge he produces from damn good scores and has a very fantasy friendly role! pass though.

#28 - Tim Membrey
Will likely see plenty of game time and probably make a good cash cow up forward for you. You'll be paying a little bit extra for him though after he played one match last season! worthy to be on your watch list.

#29 - Jimmy Webster
I reckon he'll be a lock in the future in terms of fantasy but will the future for him begin in 2015?? Worth watching in the NAB Challenge to see if he has a fantasy friendly role and can produce good scores.

#30 - Brodie Murdoch
2015 Position: DEF/FWD
Hasn't yet proven he can lock down a position in the side yet or proven he'll be a high scoring player in fantasy. Like many of the other players he might be worth watching in the NAB Challenge for his scores and playing role. Pass for now though.

#31 - Tom Simpkin
See Luke Delaney. Pass

#32 - Paddy McCartin
Young key forward at an awkward price because of where he was taken in the draft. He'll have plenty of competition for a spot in the side and won't score highly.. A pass for me.

#33 - Hugh Goddard
KPD/KPF probably won't score much but will see game time. More than likely a slow cash cow so i'd probably avoid.. Unless he is given a rebounding type role or something. Watch his scores and role in the NAB Challenge.

#34 - Nathan Wright
Lock down defender and has had injury problems in his first two years. Not someone i'd consider yet maybe in the future.

#35 - Josh Saunders
Not someone i'd be selecting, better options around. Like i've said for a few others maybe soemone for the future when he hits a lot more midfield minutes.

#36 - Daniel McKenzie
2015 Position: DEF/MID
I think he'll play the most of all our 2014 National draft draftees. Currently have him sitting on my fantasy benches but if i lock him in or not depends on the round 1 named side.

#37 - Jack Lonie
Will likely see games but being a small forward i wouldn't expect him to score much. Probably better options around but worth keeping an eye on.

#38 - Ahmed Saad
Proved in 2012 when plenty started with him that he isn't a high scoring player and is a slow cash cow. With Arryn Siposs likely out for half the season there is a possible rookie elevation spot available.

#39 - Cameron Shenton
Not someone i'd be starting with. Pass
#40 - Jack Sinclair
He is a rookie but if elevated i think he is worth keeping an eye on. Has played senior VFL football before and could be an OK cash cow. Pass for now though unless elevated.

#41 - Darren Minchington
Small forward, won't score much unless given a lot more midfield time.. Pass for me.

#42 - Lewis Pierce
I think he is one of the best rookie ruckman to pick as he was close to playing last season and should definitely see game time this year. Is sitting on my bench! i think he is going to be a bit of a surprise packet for us being honest. Spot in there as a ruck/fwd to be taken now Rhys Stanley was traded and he probably has a much better forward game than Billy Longer/Tom Hickey.

#43 - Brenton Payne
Not someone i'd go picking, pass.

#44 - Maverick Weller
2015 Position MID
Is a tagger! need i say more? pass.

#45 - Jason Holmes
Developing well but i wouldn't go picking him. pass

I'm curious about Savage and Seb Ross as possible smokies from the Saints. Thoughts?

Also can't believe I'm semi seriously considering SK Webster again. :carnage: :carnage: :carnage:

strawberry kisses FFS

at least savage has some version of "possible" talent

Why a no for Hickey? What was his injury? I thought he had a full pre-season? Surely injury concern is behind him. Can I hear your thoughts please felsty :)

Thankyou!
He hasnt had a full preseason after the issues he has had with his knee or foot i think? Regardless its a leg injury that would have impacted his preseason, first game was last weekend and even then he had to be managed. If he had a preseason like Maric or Big Will he would be a good choice.

Actually to be fair our ruck line is a shambles. He is clearly the number 1 ruck but how we play our rucks is still very much in the air with Stanley gone. I personally wouldnt risk it.

He hasnt had a full preseason after the issues he has had with his knee or foot i think? Regardless its a leg injury that would have impacted his preseason, first game was last weekend and even then he had to be managed. If he had a preseason like Maric or Big Will he would be a good choice.

Actually to be fair our ruck line is a shambles. He is clearly the number 1 ruck but how we play our rucks is still very much in the air with Stanley gone. I personally wouldnt risk it.
dang, back to the drawing board LOL, thanks man!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back