Your all time aussie test squad (of 18)

Remove this Banner Ad

Post World Series onwards

Hayden - weight of runs
Taylor - cool head, solid bat
Slater - was dynamite early on; can set the game up early when in form. Not selected in the first game though.
Ponting - automatic selection
Border - as above; Captain
Smith - weight of runs
S Waugh - weight of runs; tough in all conditions
Martyn - wont play, but need a strokemaker. Edged out M Waugh and Kimberley John

Gilchrist - automatic
Zoehrer - good gloveman, could bat. Keep everyone edge in the changeroom as well. And R Marsh can GAGF

Warne - automatic
Yardley - solid offie, takes a great catch, throws the bat; wont play, good for the morale of the team though

McGrath - automatic
Lillee - automatic
Cummins - fighting with Gillespie for the third spot
Gillespie - see above
Reid - making sure the physios earn their money. Could have been a great.
Alderman - plays if in England

18 so assumed it's a touring squad.

I'm 30 so I remember back to about 2000.

1. Justin Langer
2. Matthew Hayden
3. Ricky Ponting
4. Steven Smith
5. Steve Waugh (c)
6. Michael Hussey
7. Adam Gilchrist (wk)
8. Brett Lee
9. Shane Warne
10. Pat Cummins
11. Glenn McGrath

Langer beats Warner because of his superior Away record. Steve Waugh best captain of my time imo. I don't think Brett Lee is the 3rd best bowler but with McGrath and Cummins my 3rd bowler I would want speed and Lee was our quickest. I don't like Smith but his scored runs every where, his away record is one of the best ever, India and England is where Australian batsmen struggle most, his averaging 60 at both.

Reserves

12. Stuart MacGill
13. Mark Waugh
14. Jason Gillespie
15. Michael Clarke
16. David Warner
17. Mitchell Johnson
18. Nathan Lyon

MacGill would be my replacement spinner, he would have been a legend of the game if he wasn't in Warne's era. Mark Waugh, Clarke my replacement middle order batsmen and Warner as the replacement opener. Mitchell Johnson and Gillespie replacement quicks. Nathan Lyon sneaks in as his a offspinner.

1. Justin Langer
2. Matthew Hayden
3. Ricky Ponting
4. Steven Smith
5. Steve Waugh (c)
6. Michael Hussey
7. Adam Gilchrist (wk)
8. Brett Lee
9. Shane Warne
10. Pat Cummins
11. Glenn McGrath

Langer beats Warner because of his superior Away record. Steve Waugh best captain of my time imo. I don't think Brett Lee is the 3rd best bowler but with McGrath and Cummins my 3rd bowler I would want speed and Lee was our quickest. I don't like Smith but his scored runs every where, his away record is one of the best ever, India and England is where Australian batsmen struggle most, his averaging 60 at both.

Reserves

12. Stuart MacGill
13. Mark Waugh
14. Jason Gillespie
15. Michael Clarke
16. David Warner
17. Mitchell Johnson
18. Nathan Lyon

MacGill would be my replacement spinner, he would have been a legend of the game if he wasn't in Warne's era. Mark Waugh, Clarke my replacement middle order batsmen and Warner as the replacement opener. Mitchell Johnson and Gillespie replacement quicks. Nathan Lyon sneaks in as his a offspinner.
Ryan Harris very stiff.

1. Justin Langer
2. Matthew Hayden
3. Ricky Ponting
4. Steven Smith
5. Steve Waugh (c)
6. Michael Hussey
7. Adam Gilchrist (wk)
8. Brett Lee
9. Shane Warne
10. Pat Cummins
11. Glenn McGrath

Reserves

12. Stuart MacGill
13. Mark Waugh
14. Jason Gillespie
15. Michael Clarke
16. David Warner
17. Mitchell Johnson
18. Nathan Lyon

who's your reserve keeper ? one of your middle order bats or spinner must make way ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back