Discussion Your ~~~almost~~~ Sweet FA stories

Remove this Banner Ad

May 27, 2006
This is the location section. 🤗
AFL Club
Melbourne
This league is full of wheeling and dealing. Every season, there are scandalous moves and controversial stories. But what about those times that something big almost happened? When a coup nearly came off? When a rookie moving clubs after Round 1 was close to coming to fruition?

In this thread, speak about your almost stories of the Sweet FA. And speak about others', even if you only have an inkling.

As you all know, I am an absolute legend of the Sweet FA, and of the Mount Buller Demons. But there was an extremely short period of time where I wasn't entirely engaged or active (cats2rise). I returned after a season or 20 assuming I had been delisted. From memory, I stumbled upon a thread where the Southern Dragons were looking for a new logo or something. Before realising the Demons had unbelievably kept me on their list, I had floated the idea of joining the Dragons.

~~~ scandalous ~~~
My time in the league has been almost exclusively uninteresting, but I'm sure there are many of almost stories out there.

So, go. 👇👇👇

Almost told the funniest joke of all of time in a thread once but now I've forgotten so you'll have to trust me on it.

Last edited:

Hey TJASTA , remember that time the Furies almost never really got close to not even being in the general vicinity of kinda being a slight outside roughy chance in the first 3 seconds of the S26 grandfinal?

Good times, just ask cats2rise , I’m sure he has a memory or two to share

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was that the reason you were crying in the secret cool guys pm?

I'm not aware of this chat, so this is obviously fake news.

But I'll allow it given the implications that I'm a league legend and it would be horrible to miss out on the opportunity to play with me.

Hello all,

I have decided to block Yakker. He is a negative force in this league. Sorry that this did not fit in the theme of your thread Headless.

Much love,
-TJASTA.
This is the greatest day of my SFA life , well second best, that time we beat the Furies by a SFA record margin in the S26 grandfinal was literally the best day of my life and nothing will ever come close, but hey it’s up there ❤

Hey Headless , remember that time fumbler nearly became admin? 😔😔😔😔😔😔😔😔😔😔😔😔😔

Are you sad we lost?

Glad you got over it when you seen that puppy.

I'm not aware of this chat, so this is obviously fake news.

But I'll allow it given the implications that I'm a league legend and it would be horrible to miss out on the opportunity to play with me.

You’re fake news.

The super dooper cool guys chat also has some ladies in it, we aren’t no sexists

Remove this Banner Ad

Back