You wish

Things scarier than AceAndy:
>Imaginary monster under my bed/wardrobe
>Cute fluffy kittens
>Bombers after game showers when someone says they dropped the soap
>Rebecca B****s F*****
>Driving in Sydney peak hour traffic

Ive seen toddlers scarier than Ace LOL

This league is full of wheeling and dealing. Every season, there are scandalous moves and controversial stories. But what about those times that something big almost happened? When a coup nearly came off? When a rookie moving clubs after Round 1 was close to coming to fruition?

In this thread, speak about your almost stories of the Sweet FA. And speak about others', even if you only have an inkling.

As you all know, I am an absolute legend of the Sweet FA, and of the Mount Buller Demons. But there was an extremely short period of time where I wasn't entirely engaged or active (cats2rise). I returned after a season or 20 assuming I had been delisted. From memory, I stumbled upon a thread where the Southern Dragons were looking for a new logo or something. Before realising the Demons had unbelievably kept me on their list, I had floated the idea of joining the Dragons.

~~~ scandalous ~~~
My time in the league has been almost exclusively uninteresting, but I'm sure there are many of almost stories out there.

So, go. 👇👇👇
Hey Headless . Now I’ve read your op. Interesting idea.

you went inactive for a bit? You never told me that part when you recruited me

Yeah, but it was only a tiny bit and definitely wasn't ~10 seasons.
I just searched my old PMs to refresh my memory of how the whole recruitment thing came about.

There‘s some gold in there! Do you recall telling me there were some “gosh darn funny” posters in the SFA? Good lord. I also found a PM where Manang tells me how ace total funny I am - then specifically says I‘m not to tell you.

I wish it wasn’t frowned upon to publish PMs because I totally would. It could be argued I just have in this post I guess, but I’m sticking to my story that I’m just giving an overview so that’s okay

At a dumplings catch up a few weeks later, when discussing what happened, the Bombers 'controversy' schtick was born.

You can all thank me, Tones and a Coach later folks..
You're absolutely right. From memory, I remember the general Sweet FA community siding with me and the Wonders so that little prank created the Bombers that we see today.

Also did wonders for the Wonders because for the first time in a long time, the Wonders received a bit of respect.

The story behind that 'reneging' is just as funny. Harolad played a joke on Coach who at the time, didn't take it to well. So he basically quit and joined the Demons.
Less than a week later, he comes back to me and Tony Lynn 15 and says he's made a mistake and how can he 'make it right and come back.
Now at this time, I'm sitting in a beach club in Santorini pissed as a fart and I say to him 'ok, you need to run with this. We'll say it was all a ruse and we planned it to get a bit of a laugh'.

It's fair to say that wasn't received too well..

At a dumplings catch up a few weeks later, when discussing what happened, the Bombers 'controversy' schtick was born.

That was possibly the funniest thing ever. Coach was a mess. From memory that is where delete your account came from.

You're absolutely right. From memory, I remember the general Sweet FA community siding with me and the Wonders so that little prank created the Bombers that we see today.

Also did wonders for the Wonders because for the first time in a long time, the Wonders received a bit of respect.

For sure.. then the likes of U2tigers and Elton Johns Wig pushed the Wonders back into oblivion..

Hello all,

In my first season as captain, there were two non-SFA posters in the one-word story thread: Carson Dial and CazC30. We had one spot left and I wanted at least one of them at the Furies. I only picked Carson after the Wonders announce Caz signing at their B&F. Also, apparently the Wonders got Caz because I 'stole' one of their rookies.

Much love,
-TJASTA.

Fair to say that was the moment Coach and I became something in this league

I'm pretty sure you were trying to recruit me to the Wonders at the time. After I responded, you sent back a PM to the effect of "dw I'm retired now anyway".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm pretty sure you were trying to recruit me to the Wonders at the time. After I responded, you sent back a PM to the effect of "dw I'm retired now anyway".
You got called dw and you’re still on speaking terms?

To put this in perspective, I sided with you.

Me.

This league is full of wheeling and dealing. Every season, there are scandalous moves and controversial stories. But what about those times that something big almost happened? When a coup nearly came off? When a rookie moving clubs after Round 1 was close to coming to fruition?

In this thread, speak about your almost stories of the Sweet FA. And speak about others', even if you only have an inkling.

As you all know, I am an absolute legend of the Sweet FA, and of the Mount Buller Demons. But there was an extremely short period of time where I wasn't entirely engaged or active (cats2rise). I returned after a season or 20 assuming I had been delisted. From memory, I stumbled upon a thread where the Southern Dragons were looking for a new logo or something. Before realising the Demons had unbelievably kept me on their list, I had floated the idea of joining the Dragons.

~~~ scandalous ~~~
My time in the league has been almost exclusively uninteresting, but I'm sure there are many of almost stories out there.

So, go. 👇👇👇
I almost told a Dragons poster this morning to far cough out of our match thread but then I thought Banhammer Prison would be close to full so there was no point inflaming the situation and bit my tongue; it nearly came off.

The story behind that 'reneging' is just as funny. Harolad played a joke on Coach who at the time, didn't take it to well. So he basically quit and joined the Demons.
Less than a week later, he comes back to me and Tony Lynn 15 and says he's made a mistake and how can he 'make it right and come back.
Now at this time, I'm sitting in a beach club in Santorini pissed as a fart and I say to him 'ok, you need to run with this. We'll say it was all a ruse and we planned it to get a bit of a laugh'.

It's fair to say that wasn't received too well..

By Demons, do you mean Wonders?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back