Your background, what are you most proud of?

Remove this Banner Ad

Crissy_v

Club Legend
Dec 20, 2006
Noosa
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Ana Ivanovic
I Have a rather large portions of my family that come from Holland, Greece, Germany and Wales.

Needless to say my Greek relatives dont like my Welsh relatives and well we could be here forever.

I'm most proud to be Dutch, of the four I'm mostly Dutch (my mum was born there) and I feel more of a connection with my Dutch relatives and enjoy and relate better with Dutch culture.

Anyway what cultural background does your family consist of? and which are you the most proud to be?

I Have a rather large portions of my family that come from Holland, Greece, Germany and Wales.

Needless to say my Greek relatives dont like my Welsh relatives and well we could be here forever.

I'm most proud to be Dutch, of the four I'm mostly Dutch (my mum was born there) and I feel more of a connection with my Dutch relatives and enjoy and relate better with Dutch culture.

Anyway what cultural background does your family consist of? and which are you the most proud to be?

This is a sad state of affairs but I am ashamed and always have been of both my parents background.

Dad was Yougoslav and Mum German, I was either a wog or a Krout, I coulden't learn much about the language coz it was not freely spoken.

So much for multi-cultural Australia.

This is a sad state of affairs but I am ashamed and always have been of both my parents background.

Dad was Yougoslav and Mum German, I was either a wog or a Krout, I coulden't learn much about the language coz it was not freely spoken.

I think you'll find the places they came from were less tolerant of multi -culturalism than Australia itself ;)

Hardly Australia's fault that you are ashamed of your background.

Blame yourself and stop trying to be a victim.

full blooded cypriot
proud of the fact that cyprus has the birth place of aphrodite, the goddess of love.
also the first nation that was recognised as a christian nation, when paul and barnabas went as missionaries to cyprus in 74 a.d, they influenced and converted serius paulus the governor of cyprus at the time to christianity.
the rest is history, as the greeks went on to to pass it through the ages:thumbsu:

I love telling people that I have African-American and African-English relatives(I'm white).
My mum grew up in England and her parents divorced. Her father went to live in Ghana and work in the mines over there while my mum's mum brought the rest of the family to Australia. My grandfather remarried a Ghanese woman and had eight children with her. Most of the children have moved to either the States or the UK.

chinese born in australia.

love the chinese aspect - food, able to speak (kinda) cantonese and mandarin, respect for elders. it has allowed me to understand and appreciate different cultures

australian - whats there not to love? best country in the world, a cultural melting pot where you can sample different cultures, foods etc in one city.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

4th generation Australian on both sides. Proud of this as it is getting rarer and rarer these days.

a valid point mate.

also depends how you define Australian of course. lots of non white aussies here :thumbsu:

im marrying an anglo-australian and thus our children will be part white/asian. they will be australian through and through

I love telling people that I have African-American and African-English relatives(I'm white).
My mum grew up in England and her parents divorced. Her father went to live in Ghana and work in the mines over there while my mum's mum brought the rest of the family to Australia. My grandfather remarried a Ghanese woman and had eight children with her. Most of the children have moved to either the States or the UK.

I always thought you were a direct decendant of the Tsars.

French and Irish one side, French and English the other. Both sides of the family have been in Australia for at least 160 years. Proud of both.

That's the predominant nationalities, there's also Spanish, Scottish and Portuguese, but not much is known about that part of the family.

My family have been in Australia since the early-mid 1800s.

My heritage is English and Irish. I like both. :)

Yeah my family is a similar story. English and Irish (more so English) on one side and the other side is English and apparently a little bit of Maori (my great grandmother was half-maori or something). Perhaps I could qualify for the New Zealand football side and play in the International Cup!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back