Your background, what are you most proud of?

Remove this Banner Ad

8th generation Australian.

Ancestor came here on the first fleet as a free settler (screw you Ian Botham!) on the HMS Sirius, the lead ship of the fleet, which he subsequently went with to colonize Norfolk Island. He came back to Australia when the colony was initially abandoned and married an Irish lass by the name of "Audrey Appleyard" (are you related Chief? Haha).

I am a member of the First Fleet Club. :cool:

8th generation Australian.

Ancestor came here on the first fleet as a free settler (screw you Ian Botham!) on the HMS Sirius, the lead ship of the fleet, which he subsequently went with to colonize Norfolk Island. He came back to Australia when the colony was initially abandoned and married an Irish lass by the name of "Audrey Appleyard" (are you related Chief? Haha).

I am a member of the First Fleet Club. :cool:

My descendants came on the first boat to Van Diemens Land (aka Taswegia) - also as free settlers (carpenter). Convicts (and a Bushranger on the mother's side).

My Grandmother's cousin had spent 30+ years on the family tree and traced all the way back to late 1600's and early 1700's before carking it.

No royal blood - although there was one Lord up the line.

Pom/Irish/Scot mix.

Polish/Ukrainian on my dad's side (grandparents escaped the war and came here in the 40's, my Polish has pretty much died away since they passed away:thumbsdown:, although my family in Melbourne still keeps the Polish culture).

Irish heritage on my mum's side (based in Sydney, not sure when my great great grandparents arrived in Australia)

most proud to be Polish (hold a passport), plus i don't really "feel" Irish, as heaps of people in Australia have that background, and are very Australianised anyway. Of course I love being an Aussie, living in the best country in the world!

my first ancestor to come here was on the third fleet, called Sydney Andrews and was a sheep farmer. Got english in me too, not too bothered about that.

Dad was Dutch and mother was from the Dutch East Indies (now Indonesia) family migrated there from Holland in the 1800's. I was born here but did a couple years of schooling in Holland.

I am very proud of my Dutch heritage.

yeh i think that my family must have been a bunch of convicts because ive got 3 or 4 generations of australian in me on both sides

Where do you think the Angles and Saxons came from?

Saxony in modern day Germany?

The English and Germans are both from the Germanic tribes. ;)
Correct, technically. It was obvious that Hitler didn't want to start war with England, as he saw them as essentially the smae people. Unfortunately for England, he took them to school, and at that point as he disassociated himself with them, as did I. Might as well call the Spanish and the Italians the same whilst your at it. Or the Swedes and the Norwegians. Or the Thais and the Vietnamese. They disagree, I disagree.

4th gen skip with trails that trace back thru the U.S.A. and then back to England with mothers line direct to England.

Nothing to be proud of but would like apologies for the actions of my ancestors against the 1st Australians. Sorry dudes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

got lebanese on my mums side and egyptian on the dad side. however it goes back a bit further where my mums great grand parents were palestineans that had british/french blood in them.

on my dads side fathers side was pure egyptian whereas on his mum it was a mix of french/greek/turk.

not overly proud of my heritage (arabs got a bad rap thanks to 9/11, al-qaeda. race riots, egoism, etc) but im proud being an aussie born n bred.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back