Your best 22 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Grant Birchall, Harris Andrews, Marcus Adams.
Daniel Rich, Darcy Gardiner, Noah Answerth.

Stef Martin, Lachie Neale, Hugh McCluggage.
Jarrod Berry, Jarryd Lyons, Mitch Robinson.

Cam Rayner, Daniel McStay, Lincoln McCarthy.
Dayne Zorko, Eric Hipwwod, Charlie Cameron.

Zac Bailey, Cam Ellis-Yolmen, Alex Witherden, Callum Ah Chee.

FB: Answerth, Andrews, Gardiner
HB: Birchall, Adams, Rich
C: McCluggage, Neale, Robinson
HF: Rayner, Hipwood, McCarthy
F: Cameron, McStay, O-Mac

Foll: Martin, Zorko, Lyons

Int: Berry, Witherden, CEY, Ah Chee

Reserves:

B: Lester, Payne, Eagles
HB Starcevich, Walker, Hinge
C: Cox, Mathieson, Bailey
HF: Keays, Skinner, Wooller
F: Christensen, Fullarton, Berry

Foll: Smith, Lyons, Smith

B: Astbury Grimes Rance
HB: Houli Vlastuin Stack
C: Lambert Prestia Cotchin
HF: Short Riewoldt Bolton
F: Rioli Lynch Martin
R: Nankervis Edwards Graham
INT: Pickett Caddy Baker Soldo
EMG: Castagna Broad Ross Balta​

Rampe...Aliir...Maibaum
Lloyd.....Reid....Mills
Blakey..Parker...Florent
Dawson..McCartin..Papley
Ronke....Amartey..Hayward

Naismith..Rowbottom..Heeney

Sinclair, Franklin, JPK, Hewett

I'm not a Suns supporter in any way but with the certain acquisition of Anderson & Rowell they are building a pretty handy 22 if they can keep the vast majority of them.

Jarrod Harbrow, Rory Thompson, Pearce Hanley.
Jack Lukosius, Sam Collins, Charlie Ballard.

Jarrod Witts, David Swallow, Matt Rowell.
Jack Bowes, Brayden Fiorini, Touk Miller.

Izak Rankine, Ben King, Alex Sexton.
Noah Anderson, Josh Corbett, Ben Ainsworth.

Anthony Miles, Brandon Ellis, Lachie Weller, Hugh Greenwood.

?Jack Martin?

Haynes Davis Williams
Ward Taylor Whitfield
Kelly Coniglio Taranto
Finlayson Cameron Greene
Hill HH Daniels
Jacobs Hopper DeBoer
Caldwell Hately Perryman Reid

LBPFBRBP
8. Jake Kolodjashnij46. Mark Blicavs44. Tom Stewart
LHBCHBRHB
27. Sam Menegola42. Mark O’Connor38. Jack Henry
LWCRW
6. Jordan Clark3. Brandan Parfitt22. Mitch Duncan
LHFCHFRHF
32. Gryan Miers23. Gary Rohan30. Tom Atkins
LFPFFRFP
40. Luke Dahlhaus26. Tom Hawkins17. Esava Ratugolea
RMRRRO
1. Rhys Stanley35. Patrick DangerfieldJack Steven
BENCHBENCHBENCH
14. Joel Selwood5. Nakia Cockatoo29. Cam Guthrie
BENCH
4. Gary Ablett

Depth:
2. Zach Touhy
7. Harry Taylor
18. Charlie Constable
19. Quinton Narkle
24. Jed Bews
25. Lachie Henderson
34. James Parsons
Josh Jenkins
Pick 14
Pick 17
Pick 24
Pick 36

Grimes Rance Vlastuin
Houli Astbury Short
Lambert Prestia Bolton
Martin Riewoldt Caddy
Stack Lynch Castagna
Nankervis Edwards Cotchin

Pickett Soldo Broad Graham

Rationale:

- I think Richmond should stick with the two rucks. It gave Richmond some height and allowed Richmond to set up two tall ruckmen behind play. It also lengthens Nankervis' career, he's a bit short and often gets beaten by better//taller rucks. Richmond also has enough speed to justify two rucks.

- Pickett stays until he proves that the GF was just a fluke.

- Stack is a pretty good rebounder, but I think he's an even more damaging forward.

- Rioli misses. His pressure is good but he's been going through the motions since 2017. Needs to show he's worthy of his spot instead of being given one as long as he's fit.

- Broad provides Richmond with flexibility and defensive ballast, especially as Houli and Short aren't great defensively. Hard, never gives up, plays his role and is fairly flexible.

- Graham I like. Acts as a defensive midfielder and allows the more attacking midfielders to attack. I think he's one of those big bodied midfielders who needs to grow into his body and develop a tank. So I'm not surprised he's a little hit and miss at his age.

- I'd keep Castagna. His GF was great except for when he kicked for goal. Provides elite pressure.

- Caddy stays. I like his versatility and ability to kick multiple goals in a game. He played wing a lot this year and I think he can easily switch with Boltin from wing/HFF. To me they take over Ellis' role and share it.

Grimes Rance Vlastuin
Houli Astbury Short
Lambert Prestia Bolton
Martin Riewoldt Caddy
Stack Lynch Castagna
Nankervis Edwards Cotchin

Pickett Soldo Broad Graham

Rationale:

- I think Richmond should stick with the two rucks. It gave Richmond some height and allowed Richmond to set up two tall ruckmen behind play. It also lengthens Nankervis' career, he's a bit short and often gets beaten by better//taller rucks. Richmond also has enough speed to justify two rucks.

- Pickett stays until he proves that the GF was just a fluke.

- Stack is a pretty good rebounder, but I think he's an even more damaging forward.

- Rioli misses. His pressure is good but he's been going through the motions since 2017. Needs to show he's worthy of his spot instead of being given one as long as he's fit.

- Broad provides Richmond with flexibility and defensive ballast, especially as Houli and Short aren't great defensively. Hard, never gives up, plays his role and is fairly flexible.

- Graham I like. Acts as a defensive midfielder and allows the more attacking midfielders to attack. I think he's one of those big bodied midfielders who needs to grow into his body and develop a tank. So I'm not surprised he's a little hit and miss at his age.

- I'd keep Castagna. His GF was great except for when he kicked for goal. Provides elite pressure.

- Caddy stays. I like his versatility and ability to kick multiple goals in a game. He played wing a lot this year and I think he can easily switch with Boltin from wing/HFF. To me they take over Ellis' role and share it.

a lot of richmond fans picking short... i would be surprised if we have a good preseason and good injury luck, Short find a spot (Rance, Stack, Graham, Ross etc.) that said his last game was a premiership so fair enough if he gets first crack.

Im not sold on the
mopsy and co. anti Broad campaign either, two time premiership player now and gets the job done. However I would love to squeeze Balta into the 22

a lot of richmond fans picking short... i would be surprised if we have a good preseason and good injury luck, Short find a spot (Rance, Stack, Graham, Ross etc.) that said his last game was a premiership so fair enough if he gets first crack.

Short was injured for much of this year and provides fantastic rebound. Last year he was one of the better rebounders in the league. If it's not him, who is it?

Im not sold on the
mopsy and co. anti Broad campaign either, two time premiership player now and gets the job done. However I would love to squeeze Balta into the 22

Broad provides balance to the team. Is he talented? No, But he gets the job done.

Balta has limited AFL experience as a defender and he was often played as a forward this year. For me to pick Balta in the 22, I need to know what he's been picked as. Broad is a medium defender who can play on short and tall. Can Balta do that? Ultimately Balta seems to be groomed for one of the KPF spots anyway. I think Balta will get some games this year and some experience playing a KPP but I don't yet see him as a mainstay in the side. Still really inconsistent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Short was injured for much of this year and provides fantastic rebound. Last year he was one of the better rebounders in the league. If it's not him, who is it?

* Rance, Stack, Vlastuin, Grimes, Astbury, Houli, Broad - back 7 looks fairly tidy to me

Baker should be ahead of Short too for mine

Short has a lot of upside and is still young tbf

* Rance, Stack, Vlastuin, Grimes, Astbury, Houli, Broad - back 7 looks fairly tidy to me

I like Stack for the forwardline more. Rance, Broad, Grimes and Astbury take the talls Vlastuin, Short and Houli provide the rebound. You also need a left footed and right footed rebounder to make sure you can go inside or outside on both flanks. If you don't pair someone with Houli for rebound then every team will tag him.

I also think Baker is limited and only gets in as a small defender. The team has enough of those and becomes too dour without some attack.

I like Stack for the forwardline more. Rance, Broad, Grimes and Astbury take the talls Vlastuin, Short and Houli provide the rebound. You also need a left footed and right footed rebounder to make sure you can go inside or outside on both flanks. If you don't pair someone with Houli for rebound then every team will tag him.

I also think Baker is limited and only gets in as a small defender. The team has enough of those and becomes too dour without some attack.

look at Louis Van Gaal over here

Saints willbe top 4
Inside bulls are now men.
Young talent are now men.
Got our outside run in Hill, ZJones, Hind, Kent.
Got rid of terrible slow decision makers in Acres, Newnes thank the lord!!
Seems no frills and well yes it is. but with Ratten it will work.

Class is in billings, membrey, gresham, lonie, MKing, Marshal, Howard, MParker, BLong and BHill.

Matty Parker with a year under belt will be amazing.

What a beautiful balanced team.

Geary Carlisle Webster
ZJones Howard Roberton
B.Hill S.Ross J.Billings
M.Parker J.Battle D.Butler
Gresham M.King Membrey

Marshal J.Steele, H.Clark

Ryder, Dunstan, Bytel, Kent

Baker played the grand final yeah??

If so luckiest player alive. He was shocking in finals. Worst player in the 22

Baker played the grand final yeah??

If so luckiest player alive. He was shocking in finals. Worst player in the 22

He was carried, absolutely.

As a small defender I don't rate him. I actually think he's been played out of position, his best football is on the wing/HFF and his first 8 or so games were decent. Then he got moved to the defence due to injuries and just kinda of stayed because he was never awful and Richmond needed bodies. I don't think he's best available in any position in the team.

I reckon put short in stags spot and out stack in shorts old spot. Move them around during matches. Confusethe oppo team.

FB: Jetta May Hore
HB: Salem Lever Hibberd
C: Langdon Brayshaw Harmes
HF: Fritsch Weideman Melksham
FF: Hannan McDonald Hunt
R: Gawn Oliver Petracca

I/C: Viney vandenBerg Tomlinson Kolodjashnij

If we take Young/Ash at pick three, hopefully they knock out Hibberd fairly quickly. Imagine Serong would get a crack at a small forward role pretty early on too if picked.

FB: Brown Talia Doedee
HB: Smith Butts Laird
C: Milera B. Crouch Sloane
HF: McHenry Fogarty Lynch
FF: McAdam Walker Stengle
Foll: O'Brien M. Crouch Jones
I/C: Seedsman Gibbs Gallucci Kelly

Next in line: Frampton Murphy Knight Sholl Himmelberg Poholke Pick 4

I don't expect Butts to play straight away but, hopefully, he can replace Hartigan by season's end.

Haynes Davis Williams
Ward Taylor Whitfield
Kelly Coniglio Taranto
Finlayson Cameron Greene
Hill HH Daniels
Jacobs Hopper DeBoer

Great looking team. Maybe Corr for Reid.
Finlayson will need to be more consistent and competitive particularly if filling in in the ruck.
Hopefully Perryman can find a yard of speed.

Haynes Davis Williams
Ward Taylor Whitfield
Kelly Coniglio Taranto
Finlayson Cameron Greene
Hill HH Daniels
Jacobs Hopper DeBoer
Thought Shaw was staying?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back