Preview Your Best 22 for 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Depends on how he plays.

If he averages 2 goals per game & continues to contribute to the highest scoring attack I have no issues.

However, if he doesn't contribute much like yesterday, then I do have issues.

The more I think about it, the more I'm leaning to him being a liability. Yep, it's great having a forward line that adds a few goals extra to an easy win. But we need to re-gear towards a forward line that can drag us across the line in an arm wrestle. We don't have anything resembling that.

Depends on how he plays.

If he averages 2 goals per game & continues to contribute to the highest scoring attack I have no issues.

However, if he doesn't contribute much like yesterday, then I do have issues.
What about a physical presence from your kpp is that important or is it just about the 2 goals?

What about a physical presence from your kpp is that important or is it just about the 2 goals?
The view that all KPP should mainly be about physical presence rather than their overall contribution is old school & outdated.

Having said that, need to actually contribute!

The view that all KPP should mainly be about physical presence rather than their overall contribution is old school & outdated.

Having said that, need to actually contribute!
Huh. But isn’t having a physical presence one of the key infredients of being a key forward? Gov has it, Tex used to have it Jenkins has zero presence apart from when he lamely throws out an arm to block/“intimidate” the oppositions back pocket player. I’m not talking Breretin aggression but a key forward has to at least be able to run in a straight line, contest in a pack and hold his ground.

It just amazes me that some would be willing to risk Jenkins again in a high pressured final. Not every player that puts on a Crows guernsey is going to make ir. There is no harm in moving on those that are incapable at this level.

Huh. But isn’t having a physical presence one of the key infredients of being a key forward? Gov has it, Tex used to have it Jenkins has zero presence apart from when he lamely throws out an arm to block/“intimidate” the oppositions back pocket player. I’m not talking Breretin aggression but a key forward has to at least be able to run in a straight line, contest in a pack and hold his ground.

It just amazes me that some would be willing to risk Jenkins again in a high pressured final. Not every player that puts on a Crows guernsey is going to make ir. There is no harm in moving on those that are incapable at this level.
If you hadn't already worked out we have a different opinion on how forwards should function as a team to kick winning scores. I'm about everyone contributing & you believe in more traditional roles.

The issue with JJ at the moment is he is not even offering a decent contribution. When he has been up & about, he has been an important member of the highest scoring forward line.

If you hadn't already worked out we have a different opinion on how forwards should function as a team to kick winning scores. I'm about everyone contributing & you believe in more traditional roles.

The issue with JJ at the moment is he is not even offering a decent contribution. When he has been up & about, he has been an important member of the highest scoring forward line.
Alright Kane, we will have to agree to disagree. Just remember though when the pressure intensifies, such as in a final, key forwards who are unable to compete physically will always struggle as they no longer have the space and time that they had previously.

what are peoples thoughts on Murphy after yesterday?
impressed me in JLT1 and obviously bolted into the frame. I didnt see this game though.
Still likely rd 1? likely to have a spot to hold for a while?

Here it is
Brown Hartigan Kelly
Laird Talia Doedee
Gibbs Mcrouch Sloane
McGovern Lynch Atkins
Betts jj Murphy
Seedsman cey Greenwood Fog

Walker and Bcrouch unavailable

Cey deserves his shot and Fog is not ready but talent plus potential to get better gets the not from me.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

F. Betts Mcgovern Fogarty
Hf. Lynch Walker Douglas
C. Atkins Sloane Milera
Hb. Laird Keath Doedee
B. Kelly Talia Brown
R. Jacobs Gibbs M.Crouch
Int. B.Crouch, Ellis Yolmen, Knight, Smith.

Really hope we see this team sometime this year. Has alot of campaigner and class in it.

F. Betts Mcgovern Fogarty
Hf. Lynch Walker Douglas
C. Atkins Sloane Milera
Hb. Laird Keath Doedee
B. Kelly Talia Brown
R. Jacobs Gibbs M.Crouch
Int. B.Crouch, Ellis Yolmen, Knight, Smith.

Really hope we see this team sometime this year. Has alot of campaigner and class in it.
:thumbsu: ...:hearts::hearts:

Here it is
Brown Hartigan Kelly
Laird Talia Doedee
Gibbs Mcrouch Sloane
McGovern Lynch Atkins
Betts jj Murphy

Cey deserves his shot and Fog is not ready but talent plus potential to get better gets the not from me.

I prefer we name 22 players...

His 12 whole possessions hardly warrants you posting this in three different threads
If Seedsman gets named rd1 ahead of Hampton on Half back/wing I'll be disgusted,The softest player in competition,if he was remotely hard the pies wouldnt have got rid of him,was at pies game few years back and he was more concerned about his hair than winning a hard ball,I'd trade him for a new washing machine...

My 22 for round 1...

Brown Talia Doedee
Laird Harto Kelly
Seed Crouch Atkins
R:Jacobs Sloane Gibbs
Hampton Tex Lynch
Eddie JJ Gov

Dougie (rotating into half back) Brouch (rotating into mids) CEY (rotating anywhere) Gibson (rotating into mids)

If tex out Fog in
If Brouch out Greenwood in

If coaches don't like Harto or JJ's form, Keath in.

If Seedsman gets named rd1 ahead of Hampton on Half back/wing I'll be disgusted,The softest player in competition,if he was remotely hard the pies wouldnt have got rid of him,was at pies game few years back and he was more concerned about his hair than winning a hard ball,I'd trade him for a new washing machine...

Seedsman hampton Mackay Gibson all very much on the edge players whoever’s in form gets the gig

Toss a coin on who will contribute more

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Here it is
Brown Hartigan Kelly
Laird Talia Doedee
Gibbs Mcrouch Sloane
McGovern Lynch Atkins
Betts jj Murphy

I am guessing your forgot your midfield. Add Jacobs to that side with Gibbs and Sloane next to him. Seeds and Atkins to the wings. Fogarty to the forwards 6 with 2 spots left on the bench probably Gibson and Dmac

My guess:

Betts McGovern Jenkins
Lynch Fogarty Murphy
Atkins Sloane Mackay
R: Jacobs Gibbs MCrouch
Douglas Hartigan Laird
Brown Talia Kelly

Bench | Doedee Seedsman Greenwood Hampton/CEY

Doesn’t seem like BCrouch, Walker or Knight will be ready.

Hartigan to be backed in based on experience and a question mark over Keath on fitness/injury.

Jenkins to be given a chance given ‘First XXII status’ and Walker’s injuries.

Murphy gets the defensive small forward role.

Can’t pick between Hampton and CEY.

Gibson doesn’t offer a point of difference for me, but wouldn’t surprise if Pyke plays him.

Brouch, Tex, Knight and Milera can add a fair bit to this side.

Please Lord let Smith be back and firing in the AFL side by round 22.

But we don’t need a KPF to play like a crumber, if that was his role then we would play a crumber who offers defensive pressure.

We need him to play like a KPF, we have too many KPFs in our side and are too slow up there. If he can’t even take a mark inside forward 50 or create opportunities for the smaller guys he’s a waste of space and hurts our overall structure.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back