Universal Love Your best 22 you have seen (state from when)

Remove this Banner Ad

what about Ronnie Wearmouth!
Fine player.
High hair possession....

Star? Not that level.
He doesn't get in a best team I'd suggest when players like Dane Swan, Tony Shaw are in contention for the rover spot. Ray Shaw might have also been better too.

Just looked Ronnie up on Wikipedia. It mentions he played for Victoria against ACT. Must have been one of those years they picked several Victorian sides for the one weekend.

Fine player.
High hair possession....

Star? Not that level.
He doesn't get in a best team I'd suggest when players like Dane Swan, Tony Shaw are in contention for the rover spot. Ray Shaw might have also been better too.
remember him from the old days, used to finish most games with a shiner and some claret. definitely not in the best but really put in. a true woodsman.

remember him from the old days, used to finish most games with a shiner and some claret. definitely not in the best but really put in. a true woodsman.
Nicely said

Look a wild Bucksboys appears!

Tough gig!!

FB: Crosisca Presti H Shaw
HB: Burns Reid Clement
C: Wright Swan Millane
HF: G Brown T Cloke P Williams
FF: Didak A Rocca Daicos
R: Monkhorst Buckley Pendlebury
Int: T Shaw McGuane Sidebottom Russell

Unlucky - Gayfer, S Rocca, Beams, Jolly, Thomas, Licuria, B Johnson

A Rocca gets the nod over his brother narrowly, to help out in the ruck.

I'd like to think Grundy will be in this team as ruckman within a couple of years

I'd be pretty close to this, but would have Morwood over Crosisca,Thomas over Russell and Pert over Presti.

From 2000

B: Nick Maxwell ~ Simon Prestigiacomo ~ Heath Shaw
HB: Heritier Lumumba ~ Ben Reid ~ James Clement

C: Dale Thomas ~ Luke Ball ~ Scott Pendlebury
Fol: Brodie Grundy ~ Nathan Buckley ~ Dane Swan

HF: Paul Medhurst ~ Travis Cloke ~ Alan Didak
FF: Chris Tarrant ~ Anthony Rocca ~ Leon Davis

Int: Dayne Beams ~ Scott Burns ~ Josh Fraser ~ Tarkyn Lockyer

Changes I'd make are:

Krakouer OUT
Prestigiacomo IN.

Josh Fraser from FP to INT, Tarrant from FB to FP, Lumumba from INT to HBF, Davis from
HBF to FP.

Changes I'd make are:

Krakouer OUT
Prestigiacomo IN.

Josh Fraser from FP to INT, Tarrant from FB to FP, Lumumba from INT to HBF, Davis from
HBF to FP.
Think you've gone in with a tall too much.

Think you've gone in with a tall too much.
I don't really think it matters considering this side is never taking the field. There's just no arguing in my mind that Prestigiacomo has been our best full back of this millennium.

If you really want to make the team more sound, drop Fraser, bench Cloke, move Rocca to CHF, Tarrant to FF, and bring Krakouer back in. However, I don't feel comfortable with picking Krak after two years, ahead of Fraser who played 200 games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't really think it matters considering this side is never taking the field. There's just no arguing in my mind that Prestigiacomo has been our best full back of this millennium.

If you really want to make the team more sound, drop Fraser, bench Cloke, move Rocca to CHF, Tarrant to FF, and bring Krakouer back in. However, I don't feel comfortable with picking Krak after two years, ahead of Fraser who played 200 games.
You are probably correct, and I can't think of a rival, but given that he was a stopper who picked up few possessions, he did have limitations. He was certainly a terrific defensive player, though you could probably same the same for Mick Gayfer.

He will deserves the ban for posting that Spandau Ballet song... When you're ready mods.. in your own time.
Even their best song can't save them.

Best spandauballet ever was the Modern Family take using ed Norton as the Spandau singer

Pure gold

Gold

LOVE IT!

One post and he's HAMMERED

Well done to our mysterious poster and our Mods

To be fair, he graciously left it at the solitary post and other posters picked it up before I did.
Credit where credit's due.

To be fair, he graciously left it at the solitary post and other posters picked it up before I did.
Credit where credit's due.
But it was soooo funny

Well executed by all concerned ....

I don't really think it matters considering this side is never taking the field.

May as well just make a list of the top 22 players then.

There's just no arguing in my mind that Prestigiacomo has been our best full back of this millennium.

Fair enough though I think Prestigiacomo is slightly overrated and I prefer Tarrant at full back.

May as well just make a list of the top 22 players then.

Fair enough though I think Prestigiacomo is slightly overrated and I prefer Tarrant at full back.
Tarrant far superior to Prestigiacomo in my view.

If I could choose a CFC team for round 1 that consisted of past and present players, I can remember watching(1990+), it would look like this:
Coach~ Mathews
B~ Shaw Michael Johnson
HB~ Clement Reid L.Davis
C~ Millane Buckley (VC) Treloar
HF~ Didak A.Rocca Brown (C)
F~ Daicos D.Moore Elliott
R~ Grundy Swan Pendlebury
Sub~ Burns N.Davis Maguane Fraser
Emergency~ Crosisca Cloke Wright Wells

Last edited:
Folks been such a good read, lots of good teams, players.

Looking through the lists someplayers just make every list (time era dependent)

Always make the teams:

Pendlebury
Swan
Buckley
Daicos
Brown G
Millane

Older players than those also are regular, but I'm just sticking to the overall readership age, apologies if I've missed anyone or assumed too much

1990 onward.

Full Back: Gary Pert
Back Pocket: Nick Maxwell
Back Pocket: Heath Shaw

Centre Half-Back: Ben Reid
Half-Back Flank: Gavin Brown
Half-Back Flank: James Clement

Ruckman: Damian Monkhurst
Centre: Nathan Buckley
Ruck-Rover: Scott Pendlebury
Rover: Tony Shaw

Wing: Dane Swan
Wing: Darren Millane

Centre Half-Forward: Travis Cloke
Half-Forward Flank: Chris Tarrant
Half-Forward Flank: Paul Williams

Full Forward: Saverio Rocca
Forward Pocket: Peter Daicos
Forward Pocket: Alan Didak

Bench: Adam Treloar
Bench: Mick McGaune
Bench: Leon Davis
Bench: Anthony Rocca

I'm going to try a team from the Malthouse - Buckley era only. I've left out one year left only players eg: P Williams and Sav Rocca as examples. But am including Treloar as he's ongoing for us.
May have left out someone or two.

Essentially 2000 onwards or this millennium / century:

Collingwood Coach Transition :eek: Team

B. H Shaw - C Tarrant - L Davis
HB. S Burns - B Reid - J Clement
C. A Treloar - N Buckley (c) - S Sidebottom
HF. A Didak - T Cloke - B Johnson
F. J Elliot - A Rocca - A Fasolo
R. D Jolly - S Pendlebury - D Swan
I. B Grundy - P Licuria - D Thomas - T Lockyer

C. M Malthouse

Remove this Banner Ad