Your best 50 over state side of all time

vicpride

Club Legend
May 11, 2014
Idea stolen from cricket Australia website where the idea is to name your best ever or favorite odi side originating from your state. My team for the 50 over game.

Finch
Elliott
Hodge
Jones
O'Donnell
White
Harvey
Berry
Warne
Pattinson
Hughes
Maxwell

Fire away

Sent from my SM-A300Y using Tapatalk

Aug 27, 2007
brisbane
AFL Club
Essendon
Y
Idea stolen from cricket Australia website where the idea is to name your best ever or favorite odi side originating from your state. My team for the 50 over game.

Finch
Elliott
Hodge
Jones
O'Donnell
White
Harvey
Berry
Warne
Pattinson
Hughes
Maxwell

Fire away

Sent from my SM-A300Y using Tapatalk
You could have Siddons and Lehmann in that side

corbies

Jul 31, 2010
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
S'roos, New Jets, Cronulla
M.Waugh
S.Watson
S.Smith
M.Clarke
S.Waugh
M.Bevan
B.Haddin
B.Lee
M.Starc
N.Bracken
G.McGrath

This is assuming I can't have Border or Gilchrist as the majority of their careers were played elsewhere. I probably can't have Watson under the same rules but the QLD team above didn't claim him so I will.

Apologies to D.Warner, S.MacGill, S.Clark and R.Chee Quee, just couldn't squeeze you in.

Aug 27, 2007
brisbane
AFL Club
Essendon
M.Waugh
S.Watson
S.Smith
M.Clarke
S.Waugh
M.Bevan
B.Haddin
B.Lee
M.Starc
N.Bracken
G.McGrath

This is assuming I can't have Border or Gilchrist as the majority of their careers were played elsewhere. I probably can't have Watson under the same rules but the QLD team above didn't claim him so I will.

Apologies to D.Warner, S.MacGill, S.Clark and R.Chee Quee, just couldn't squeeze you in.
Watson played most of his career for tassie. Played a few years for qld in between injuries. Then I don’t even remember him playing much for nsw

corbies

Jul 31, 2010
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
S'roos, New Jets, Cronulla
Watson played most of his career for tassie. Played a few years for qld in between injuries. Then I don’t even remember him playing much for nsw
He did have 8 seasons at NSW and only 4 at Tassie. Granted he was playing for Aus for most of his NSW career but still.

tenderwarrior

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2003
Launceston
AFL Club
Geelong
M.Wade
D.Boon
R.Pointing (C)
M.Divenuto
G.Bailey (VC)
T Paine
J.Faulkner
M.Walker
X.Docherty
B.Hilfenhaus
G.Campbell

For a side with 3 Australian Captains in it, it is a bit thin. Special mention to Colin Miller and Shane Watson as North island imports!

Aug 27, 2014
spacetime
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
there are no other teams worthy
... oh, and Peter Siddle and Paul Reiffel!

Some handy bowlers to choose from there...

Cannot fit everyone in. Even Simon Davis stiff but for mine, Flemo and Pattinson true strike bowlers. Not even sure Flemo played too many 50 overs for Vics but the guy made the ball talk at higher level and a no brainer ahead of Siddle, Reiffel and Merv

tenderwarrior

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2003
Launceston
AFL Club
Geelong
Cannot fit everyone in. Even Simon Davis stiff but for mine, Flemo and Pattinson true strike bowlers. Not even sure Flemo played too many 50 overs for Vics but the guy made the ball talk at higher level and a no brainer ahead of Siddle, Reiffel and Merv
Fair enough, but it is who came from Victoria, not who played the most for the state side. I think Paul Reiffel was a gun in the ODI format. I loved watching him play. Flemming was a wizard, and he knew it too.

Shane Harwood should be ahead of Pattinson.

Mego Red

The Artist Formerly Known As Kristof
10k Posts
Oct 3, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Soft spot for Brisbane
Phil Hughes
Wayne Phillips (wk)
Ian Chappell
Greg Chappell
Darren Lehmann
David Hookes
Dan Christian
Jason Gillespie
Ryan Harris
Garry Lyon
Joel Garner

Unlucky - Greg Blewett, James Brayshaw, Callum Ferguson, Michael Klinger, Jamie Siddins, Don Bradman, Peter Sleep, Rodney Hogg, Tim Ludeman, Graham Manou

Back