Your best team - who misses out

Remove this Banner Ad

You could debate a few positions but lets say this our best team. To highlight how far we are away lets compare this to the pies who I think have the best list and see how many dogs would be in their best team.

Midfield including ruck and wing. Only the Bont and Macrae next best Hunter but would not make it
Forwards None I think all the pies are better
Defence Crozier Maybe Caleb and JJ would be close and Naughton if he payed in his correct position.

So I would only give 3 of our players a game in the pies best 18 and maybe another 1 or 2 on the bench.

We need to get a lot right in trades and drafts in the next few seasons to get back to the top.

Naughton would get a game up forward in the combined team. Having no second key forward hurts him more than anything.

Bont, Macrae, Crozier, Dunkley, Naughton, Daniel and maybe JJ make a combined 22. That’s about it.

Wood Cordy Crozier
JJ Le.Young Daniel
Suckling Libba Hunter
Mclean Naughton Lloyd
Wallis English Smith

Trengrove Bont Macrae

Dunkley Richards Gowers Duryea

Last edited:

If I'm building a best team based exclusively on the group that I think has the best chance of winning us games, with absolutely no regard for the future or for development, I'm going for something like the below. I haven't included any players that I haven't had enough of a look at yet (Gardner is an exception because who the * else am I gonna put there?), am assuming all are fit, and am basing this mostly on current form (as basing it on historic form is pointless).

FB: Morris - Gardner - Crozier
HB: Johannisen - Cordy - Daniel
C: Hunter - Bontempelli - Suckling
HF: Smith - Schache - Wallis
FF: Dickson - Naughton - Lloyd
R: Trengove - Dunkley - Macrae
I/C: Duryea - Liberatore - Lipinski - McLean

E: English - Roberts - Gowers - Richards

Pace is a problem. Vandermeer, Richards, Cavarra, Dale, Lynch etc pls develop we need you immediately.

Last edited:
If I'm building a best team based exclusively on the group that I think has the best chance of winning us games, with absolutely no regard for the future or for development, I'm going for something like the below. I haven't included any players that I haven't had enough of a look at yet (Gardner is an exception because who the **** else am I gonna put there?), am assuming all are fit, and am basing this mostly on current form (as basing it on historic form is pointless).

FB: Morris - Gardner - Crozier
FF: Dickson - Naughton - Lloyd
R: Trengove - Dunkley - Macrae
I/C: Duryea - Liberatore - Lipinski - McLean

E: English - Roberts - Gowers - Richards

Pace is a problem. Vandermeer, Richards, Cavarra, Dale, Lynch etc pls develop we need you immediately.

No English after yesterdays game?

Wood not even emergency?

No English after yesterdays game?

Wood not even emergency?
Had written it before the Carlton game and wtf, no idea how I skipped the captain.

FB: Morris - Trengove - Crozier
FF: McLean - Naughton - Lloyd
R: English - Dunkley - Macrae
I/C: Duryea - Liberatore - Lipinski - Wood

E: Sweet - Lew. Young - Gowers - Richards

Cordy on shaky ground but hard to replace him given how little we've seen of Young.

Wood. Cordy. Daniel.
Crozier. Trengrove. Johannisen.
Hunter. Bont. Suckling
Smith. Lipinski. Wallis.
McLean. Naughton. Gowers.
English. Dunkley. McCrae.
I/C Libba. Lloyd. Richards. Greene.
Can we play Wood and Moz in the same team?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back