4. Black Mirror
  5. Curb Your Enthusiasm
  6. Six Feet Under
  7. Inside Number 9
  8. You’re the Worst
  9. Mad Men
  10. Nathan For You
HM’s -

The Leftovers, The Simpsons, Atlanta, South Park, Girls, Survivor, The Americans, Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul, Rectify, Penny Dreadful, Death Note, Treme, Luther, Twin Peaks inc The Return, The Good Place, Bojack Horseman, Search Party, Mr Bean, Peaky Blinders, Luther, Narcos, Friday Night Lights, Downtown Abbey, GLOW,

Ineligible - too short

The Night Of, We Own This City, Planet Earth 1 & 2, Blue Planet 1 & 2, The Haunting of Hill House, Fleabag, The Terror, Maniac, The Bodyguard, Chernobyl, 11/22/63, Band of Brothers, Ethos, The Beatles Get Back, Fawlty Towers, Queens Gambit, People vs OJ Simpson, Assassination of Gianni Versace, Olive Kitteridge, Top of the Lake, Show Me A Hero, Sense8, Cowboy Bebop, Life On Mars, An Honourable Woman, The Road to Calvary, Black Books, Godless, Squid Game

Ineligible since incomplete-

Halt and Catch Fire, Babylon Berlin, The Twilight Zone, Bluey, The Sopranos, Attack on Titan, Line of Duty, Barry, The Rehearsal, Homeland, Orange is the New Black, Fargo, Louie, Stranger Things, True Detective, The Knick, The Affair, Sherlock, Stranger (Secret Forest), Kingdom, A Handmaids Tale, Banshee, Dexter, Brooklyn 99, Parks and Recreation, Kim’s Convenience, Cobra Kai, Arrested Development, Archer, Seinfeld, The OC, Afterlife, Occupied, Spartacus, Clarksons Farm.

Not considered- Deadwood, Carnivale, Friends, Paranoia Agent, Neón Evangelion, Arcane, The West Wing, Ted Lasso, The Boys, Making a Murderer, The Newsroom, The Defiant Ones, Giri/Haji

Shows in HM’s and Ineligible are roughly in order of consideration. Anything un-named I probably haven’t seen. Shows that are incomplete that have a realistic chance of cracking the top ten are ones named up until The Rehearsal.

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
That Rolling Stone list is a bit all over the shop. UK Office so much better than US. Also Southpark should be much higher than it is.
Yep - more posted to give people a reminder of what was out there and what was rated at the time

HAPPY CHEFFY

Premium Platinum
Mar 20, 2022
Stockholm
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Team Usyk
  1. The Wire
  2. Mr Robot
  3. The Bureau
  4. Black Mirror
  5. Curb Your Enthusiasm
  6. Six Feet Under
  7. Inside Number 9
  8. You’re the Worst
  9. Mad Men
  10. Nathan For You
HM’s -

The Leftovers, The Simpsons, Atlanta, South Park, Girls, Survivor, The Americans, Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul, Rectify, Penny Dreadful, Death Note, Treme, Luther, Twin Peaks inc The Return, The Good Place, Bojack Horseman, Search Party, Mr Bean, Peaky Blinders, Luther, Narcos, Friday Night Lights, Downtown Abbey, GLOW,

Ineligible - too short

The Night Of, We Own This City, Planet Earth 1 & 2, Blue Planet 1 & 2, The Haunting of Hill House, Fleabag, The Terror, Maniac, The Bodyguard, Chernobyl, 11/22/63, Band of Brothers, Ethos, The Beatles Get Back, Fawlty Towers, Queens Gambit, People vs OJ Simpson, Assassination of Gianni Versace, Olive Kitteridge, Top of the Lake, Show Me A Hero, Sense8, Cowboy Bebop, Life On Mars, An Honourable Woman, The Road to Calvary, Black Books, Godless, Squid Game

Ineligible since incomplete-

Halt and Catch Fire, Babylon Berlin, The Twilight Zone, Bluey, The Sopranos, Attack on Titan, Line of Duty, Barry, The Rehearsal, Homeland, Orange is the New Black, Fargo, Louie, Stranger Things, True Detective, The Knick, The Affair, Sherlock, Stranger (Secret Forest), Kingdom, A Handmaids Tale, Banshee, Dexter, Brooklyn 99, Parks and Recreation, Kim’s Convenience, Cobra Kai, Arrested Development, Archer, Seinfeld, The OC, Afterlife, Occupied, Spartacus, Clarksons Farm.

Not considered- Deadwood, Carnivale, Friends, Paranoia Agent, Neón Evangelion, Arcane, The West Wing, Ted Lasso, The Boys, Making a Murderer, The Newsroom, The Defiant Ones, Giri/Haji

Shows in HM’s and Ineligible are roughly in order of consideration. Anything un-named I probably haven’t seen. Shows that are incomplete that have a realistic chance of cracking the top ten are ones named up until The Rehearsal.
Tobe Hooper Poltergeist GIF

blueboy25

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 14, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
West Perth, Tottenham
Not many would know but BBC had a program called Early Doors back in the early 2000's which only went for 2 series. Written by some of the writers from the Royle Family.

A show I can watch multiple times and still love.

May 13, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Phoenix (season one)
Fawlty Towers
Ray Donovan
Crime Story (only ran for two seasons for some reason)
The Thunderbirds
The Sullivans
The Paul Hogan Show
Get Smart
Homeland
Law and Order (original)

Line of Duty
Seinfeld
The Wire (first four seasons only)
The Sweeney
The Professionals
Wild Side
Happy Days
Prisoner
Keeping Up Appearances
Braquo

As good as the Sopranos was I hated every character in the show, at the end when he's sitting there with the family having Christmas or Thanksgiving dinner, I was really hoping a bomb would go off and kill the whole family.

There will be a show or three that I've forgotten, I had to keep updating this one as I was remembering other shows.

Lyttelton Ranger

Squadron Leader
Mar 10, 2008
The Lord's Pyjamas
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
QPR
Utopia (UK)
Twin Peaks
Cracker
The Bridge
Fargo S1
Line of Duty S3
Top of the Lake S1
Black Books
Red Dwarf
Narcos
Cosmos
Chernobyl
Top Boy
Dark
Les Revenants
Young Ones

Haven't seen The Wire, GOT, True Detective or Lost but I will one day

Fabab

Premiership Player
May 2, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Sopranos
the wire
better call saul
ray donovan
breaking bad
banshee
only fools and horses
men behaving badly
still game
ozark
royle family
hill street blues.

Everyone has their own idea and I know Rolling Stone will make some 'grievous errors' according to many, but I do appreciate the inclusion of Bojack Horseman in the list (#41). I never thought a whimsical show about a talking horse in Hollywood would be that soul-searching, philosophical and just downright brutal at times about loss, depression and addiction. Plotlines about clown dentists and spaghetti strainers co-exist with plotlines about intergenerational trauma and sexual assault. Some things characters have said and done stayed with me long after the show ended.

When people ask me what's the best TV series Netflix has made, this is the answer.

Fabab

Premiership Player
May 2, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Not many would know but BBC had a program called Early Doors back in the early 2000's which only went for 2 series. Written by some of the writers from the Royle Family.

A show I can watch multiple times and still love.
It was a good show,to the regiment!.

HAPPY CHEFFY

Premium Platinum
Mar 20, 2022
Stockholm
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Team Usyk
The Goodies
Monkey Magic
The Simpsons