• Carlton twice again

Dislikes
  • too many Sunday games
  • Melbourne and Grundy only once on King's Birthday
  • Geelong twice
  • West Coast at Optus
  • five consecutive Sunday arvo games

Last edited:
  • some big home games in the second half of the season.
  • GWS in Ballarat

Dislikes
  • only 2 MCG games
  • A Sunday game!! (Thanks North)
  • an extra away game

• I actually like that ours is more tougher. Will find out if Bevo has anything left and what our mostly young talls can show.
  • Keeping the early and later season Ballarat games format. W/L here is starting to become favourable as a second home. I would have swapped Adelaide for Port, but GWS is a good choice for attendance on smaller ground.
  • Plenty of prime time exposure through night games

Dislike:

• Thursday night is outright garbage but got drawn there for Dogs vs Brisbane
  • Getting Port at AO (seems we are immune to Adelaide) again and within gather round means an extra away game is a little lame but then sends us to Perth next round.
  • Only two MCG games again, and yet interstate sides often get one or two more than us yet we are from Melbourne!
  • Getting thrown into Geelong every year is pretty annoying but maybe one day we will win here post 2003
  • We did lose good friday and feel we couldn't do more until North came good but don't begrudge North or Blues it is what it is

Essendon at the G Rd 1
Brisbane at the G in front of crowds for the first time since 2012

Dislikes
Only 6 MCG home games
Only one night game (and it's interstate)
Two games against saints at Marvel (one being a home game?)
Same amount of G games as Carlton who are a marvel tenant
No Thursday or Friday night games (only club not to have at least one)

Shocking fixture for us Hawks but we are used to being shafted and I guess we aren't playing good enough footy to warrant prime time slots.

Can't leave Tassie quick enough.

On Pixel 3a using BigFooty.com mobile app

15 home games with 9 being genuine neutral games, a season advantage that no other Victorian club gets
5 double ups against teams I don’t expect to make top 4 (plus Bombers who aren’t even in finals discussions)

Dislikes:
2 games in the state I live in when there could’ve been 3

• More than 1 FTA game
  • I like the double ups

Dislikes:
  • JHF game in Tasmania
  • 5 games at Tasmania because we need to play an away game there
  • Scheduled at GMHBA for the 6th year in a row.

• Three bottom 6 double ups
  • Sunday games (can't get to many Saturday games)
  • Only 5 interstate games outside of Magic Round
  • Interstate games against teams we probably lose to anyway (Port, Brisbane, Fremantle)

Dislikes:

• Playing Geelong twice instead of a middle 6 side
  • Not playing Carlton twice again
  • Playing AO for Magic Round

Opening new GMHBA stadium northern stand on a Saturday night against Sydney. Unveil the pennant, grand final replay, Sydney play well at KP and often get a good crowd there too. Looking forward to a good night in the new standing room section on level 2.

No West Coast at KP. They just don't try anymore and apart from the 4 points and percentage no one really gets anything out of that game.

Collingwood twice - I honestly don't know how good they will be next year but after a couple of years of putrid spectacles I think these are good games to watch now.

Dislikes:

Getting teams like Carlton and Gold Coast early who tend to fire early then run out of gas later in the season. Could be a tough start for the cats.

This continued bullshit where they don't lock in the times for games from round 16 to 24. Will be especially annoyed if they continue the tradition of day KP games in autumn and night KP games in winter. Swap that s**t around FFS.

Not a big fan of Thursday night games from an attendance point of view. Games against Carlton and Melbourne would have a better atmosphere on a proper timeslot and will be a pain for many fans to get to.

Too many Thursday night and Friday night matches.
Skeptical about the Gather round not just an extra home game for Crows but will at least wait and see if it more neutral set up before be convinced it compromises the draw more.
Play a so called home match v Saints at Docklands instead of MCG.

Positive: Play Hawthorn away match at the MCG rather than Tassie or Docklands.
Seems like for first time in decades we actually play every side once before we meet any team a second time around for the season.

likes quality games at AO extra home game due to magic round dislikes play 4 finalists twice collingwood only 2 they finished 4th we finished11th brisbane and melbourne only 3 finalists has eddie been appointed afl ceo and nobody told us?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back