INT: Jack Graham, Jack Graham, Jack Graham, Jack Graham

B: Jack Graham, Jack Graham, Jack Graham
HB: Jack Graham, Jack Graham, Jack Graham
C: Jack Graham, Jack Graham, Jack Graham
HF: Jack Graham, Jack Graham, Jack Graham
F: Jack Graham, Jack Graham, Jack Graham
RUCK: Jack Graham, Jack Graham, Jack Graham
Need to rest a Jack to let a Marlion in.

Deven Robertson might help

Ely Smith is also promising.

Smith has come back very fit and looks very capable of taking the next step. Dev Robertson is already super fit and looks advanced. The Tasmanian training camp will be the big test for these guys - perform well in the match Sims and both could be best 22 round 1.

Need to rest a Jack to let a Marlion in.
Bit harsh there.....

Shai Bolton has gradually improved in 2019 after building up his endurance in 2017 and 2018. Yeah I know he is talented.

Callum Coleman Jones isnt too bad. I saw him play at Sturt in the SANFL before he got drafted.

Bit harsh there.....

Shai Bolton has gradually improved in 2019 after building up his endurance in 2017 and 2018. Yeah I know he is talented.

Callum Coleman Jones isnt too bad. I saw him play at Sturt in the SANFL before he got drafted.
Yeah but Jack Graham

FB Roarke Smith, Lewis Young, Bailey Williams
HB Caleb Daniel, Zaine Cordy, Lachlan Young
C Ed Richards, Josh Dunkley, Lachie Hunter
HF Pat Lipinski, Aaron Naughton, Toby McClean
FF Bailey Dale, Josh Schache, Riley West
FOL Tim English, Marcus Bontempelli, Jack Macrae
INT Billy Gowers, Bailey Smith, Will Hayes, Cody Weightman
EMG Brad Lynch, Fergus Greene, Ryan Gardiner

Pretty Strong, especially through the midfield. Smaller defenders the biggest weakness. All except Weightman have played at AFL level.

This team would give some best 22’s a touch up.

Dogs mids easily the best but keen to see how we stack up with our big 4 LDU Simpkin Thomas and Bonar

Would expect one of our 2 first rounders next year to be on a mid to add to the above

I feel like we have more pace there and x factor

but dogs have Bont plus serious accumulators in Macrae Dunkley Hunter
Dogs mids easily the best but keen to see how we stack up with our big 4 LDU Simpkin Thomas and Bonar

Would expect one of our 2 first rounders next year to be on a mid to add to the above

I feel like we have more pace there and x factor

but dogs have Bont plus serious accumulators in Macrae Dunkley Hunter McLean

You could add Dangerfield with one of next years first rounders and that big 4 would still look very ordinary.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Obviously the Pies have been trading early draft picks in the quest to win a flag, so - apart from a killer first ruck/centreman combination - our team is speculative at best.

B Bianco Keane Appleby
HB Quaynor Langdon Maynard

HF Stephenson Moore(vc) T Brown
F Daicos Kelly Broomhead

C Murphy De Goey Phillips
R Grundy(c) Sier Sharenberg

Inter Cameron Ruscoe Rantall Atu B

Players are in a position close to where they should be. Three proven players, a bunch of exciting talent, a promising list of untried rookies and a stack of trusted 15-22 types. The future looks okay!

FB: J.Carter - G.Logue - E.Hughes
HB: L.Ryan - A.Pearce (C) - H.Young*

C: J.Aish - A.Brayshaw (VC) - D.Tucker
R: S.Darcy - B.Acres - A.Cerra

HF: B.Bewley - B.Cox - C.McCarthy
FF: L.Henry* - J.Hogan - S.Switkowski

Int: C.Blakely - L.Valente* - T.Duman - C.Serong*

The rest
B.Banfied, S.Giro, H.Dixon, M.Crowden, L.Schultz,
D.O'Reilly*, T.North*, M.Frederick*, S.Sturt*, L.Meek*, J.Pina*, T.Watson*, L.Thomas*, I.Butters*.

+50 games
20-49 games
* Y.T.D.

FB: L.Ryan/G.Logue/T.Duman
HB: H.Young/A.Pearce/E.Hughes

C: J.Aish/A.Brayshaw/D.Tucker

HF: S.Sturt/M,Taberner/C.McCarthy
FF: S.Switkowski/J.Hogan/L.Henry

RR: S.Darcy/C.Blakely/A.Cerra

INT: B.Acres/C.Serong/B.Bewley/B.Cox

Definite holes are Tall Defenders and Small Forwards
Swap in Cox off the bench and add Valente. Shultz and Butters are small forwards. I'd probably prefer Carter instead of Duman as well. Banfield bit stiff.

Last edited:
What people fail to see is that clubs never go from playing over 25's to switching to a team of playing all under 25's or from experience to youth over night. Other than mass injuries to a side, youth is always transitioned into experienced line ups unless the experienced lineups are under performing. So in teams that are struggling, more youth will always be played while in more successful teams, less will be played.

In the bad old days, Richmond had a very young team. Many showed glimpses. Some had years of promise. In the end though, few made it. I think this is the hardest part of having a young side. You can't predict success bases on promise. All you can do is hope you club can find players that surprize you with their development to compensate those that never live up to their potential. When the diamonds in the rough out number the disappointments, you have a chance.

I know this is what is happening at Richmond right now but at VFL level. Many of players that show the most will fail but others will succeed against all odds. I just hope that we can find enough talent in our youth to build again when our stars at AFL level begin to retire. History says its unlikely but you never know! :)

Couldn't squeeze Jack Graham in as an emergency?

The future is very bright for us but it's now time for all of them to start delivering, no player can live on the "potential" tag forever.

This line really sums up everything about young players from all clubs.

People talk about bright futures with them, but it's largely based on perceived potential and in reality it's all a question on if they'll actually deliver (and how much....and how accurate those perceptions are of course).

This line really sums up everything about young players from all clubs.

People talk about bright futures with them, but it's largely based on perceived potential and in reality it's all a question on if they'll actually deliver (and how much....and how accurate those perceptions are of course).

To highlight your point I found a St Kilda thread from 2014 about their u25 best side.
People might have been optimistic about projecting the future for these young players, but in general it turned out pretty grim.
Maybe 8-10 have gone on the actually be AFL level players, a few good players but zero stars.

FB: Wright - Bruce - Webster
HB: Savage - Delaney - Newnes
RK: Longer - Weller - Dunstan
CR: Billings - Ross - Acres
HF: Murdoch - White - Templeton
FF: Hickey - Stanley - Saunders

Int (from): Minchington, Curren, Markworth, Siposs, Lee, Pierce, Roberton

To highlight your point I found a St Kilda thread from 2014 about their u25 best side.
People might have been optimistic about projecting the future for these young players, but in general it turned out pretty grim.
Maybe 8-10 have gone on the actually be AFL level players, a few good players but zero stars.

FB: Wright - Bruce - Webster
HB: Savage - Delaney - Newnes
RK: Longer - Weller - Dunstan
CR: Billings - Ross - Acres
HF: Murdoch - White - Templeton
FF: Hickey - Stanley - Saunders

Int (from): Minchington, Curren, Markworth, Siposs, Lee, Pierce, Roberton

Good example.

I'm sure the Saints fans, and more than a few neutrals, were hugely optimistic about them at the time too. (and that isn't specific to the saints)

Obviously the Pies have been trading early draft picks in the quest to win a flag, so - apart from a killer first ruck/centreman combination - our team is speculative at best.

B Bianco Keane Appleby
HB Quaynor Langdon Maynard

HF Stephenson Moore(vc) T Brown
F Daicos Kelly Broomhead

C Murphy De Goey Phillips
R Grundy(c) Sier Sharenberg

Inter Cameron Ruscoe Rantall Atu B
No Callum Brown?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back