List Mgmt. Your clubs 25 and under team

Nov 11, 2010
Punt Rd End
AFL Club
Richmond
More just an observation that the arrogance by Richmond supporters because of 3 good years is way over the top.

And some oppositions fans need to point out this 'arrogance' a clear indicator of their own jealousy and insecurity. Every group of supporters should have license to be cocky and proud of their club after they have won a premiership. History tells us that it doesn't last.

Glorin

Club Legend
Dec 3, 2009
On the edge
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Brisbane

Witherden Andrews Hinge
Answerth Gardiner Starcevich
Ah Chee Mathieson Cox
Bailey McStay Rayner
Cameron Hipwood McInerney

A Smith J Berry McLuggage

Skinner Allison E Smith T Berry

All players except E Smith and T Berry have played AFL already. No first year players included.
Impressive team considering top 4 finish last year.

Jun 4, 2005
Putney
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood
25 is a very strange cut-off, They are no longer ‘young’ when 25

Dogs side listed is strong as it has a group of 24-25 yr olds - Hunter, Bont and Macrae who are the stars.

The Dogs would be hoping to contend in 2020...

Re the Pies, pretty comfortable in our position as we have guys who are our key talents u25 - Grundy, DeGoey, Moore, Stephenson and Maynard

We also have a glut of our players who are 26 (so don’t count for this piece) but will be mainstays for next five years in - Treloar, Adams, Crisp, WHE, Mihocek.

The Pies having plenty of players in the 23-27 age group is why we should be challenging again for next couple of years.

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man City, Valencia, Lazio, Panthers

Dogs side listed is strong as it has a group of 24-25 yr olds - Hunter, Bont and Macrae who are the stars.

Re the Pies, pretty comfortable in our position as we have guys who are our key talents u25 - Grundy, DeGoey, Moore, Stephenson and Maynard

We also have a glut of our players who are 26 (so don’t count for this piece) but will be mainstays for next five years in - Treloar, Adams, Crisp, WHE, Mihocek.

The Pies having plenty of players in the 23-27 age group is why we should be challenging again for next couple of years.

Yes People are obsessed with youf these days.

Still remember Bigfooty and bay 13 people kept shoving me this fact down my throat back in 2008: Freo only had 6-7 players aged 23 or under in 2008

scott_the_man

Club Legend
Feb 25, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Brisbane

Gardiner Andrews Answerth
Witherden Payne Starcevich

McInerney J.Berry Mathieson
McCluggage E.Smith Bailey

Rayner Hipwood Ah Chee
Cox McStay Cameron

Ballenden T.Berry Robertson Skinner

azyboy

Club Legend
Aug 31, 2006
Sydney
AFL Club
Geelong
Geelong

B. O’Connor Kolo Z.Guthrie

HB. Clark Henry Stephens*

C. Cockatoo Parfitt Simpson

HF. Narkle Sav Fogarty

F. Miers Krueger* Parsons

R. de Koning* Constable Atkins

*not played a senior game yet

9 best 22 at the moment (in bold). If Cocky’s body holds together you can add him as well. Constable looks likely and have high hopes for Stephens (2019 draftee) while Kreuger has serious talent. de Koning is speculative at best and his selection highlights our ruck dilemma. Not a lot of other depth and bench players would be untried 2018 and 19 draftees.

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man City, Valencia, Lazio, Panthers
Players are in a position close to where they should be. Three proven players, a bunch of exciting talent, a promising list of untried rookies and a stack of trusted 15-22 types. The future looks okay!

FB: J.Carter - G.Logue - E.Hughes
HB: L.Ryan - A.Pearce (C) - H.Young*

C: J.Aish - A.Brayshaw (VC) - D.Tucker
R: S.Darcy - B.Acres - A.Cerra

HF: B.Bewley - B.Cox - C.McCarthy
FF: L.Henry* - J.Hogan - S.Switkowski

Int: C.Blakely - L.Valente* - T.Duman - C.Serong*

The rest
B.Banfied, S.Giro, H.Dixon, M.Crowden, L.Schultz,
D.O'Reilly*, T.North*, M.Frederick*, S.Sturt*, L.Meek*, J.Pina*, T.Watson*, L.Thomas*, I.Butters*.

+50 games
20-49 games
* Y.T.D.
not a bad side

GoGeta

Team Captain
Mar 4, 2013
Vic
AFL Club
Geelong
They have a lot of high draft picks, but only Cripps and Walsh have actually delivered. Curnow if he wasn’t so injury prone. The rest are B graders.

After reading a number of your posts in this thread I conclude that you are no judge of talent other than talent that has already revealed itself for all to see.

Anyone not already considered elite/above average under 25 or the obvious stand out glorified top draft picks you regard as all B graders at best who will never achieve anything, lmfao.

So no average looking players from any team are going to surprise? :drunk:

Mikevk123

Premiership Player
Jun 25, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
B Gleeson Zerk-Thatcher Ridley
HB Guelfi Francis Mckeena
C Redman Parish Merrett
HF Stringer Daniher Langford
F Fantasia Gown Mosquito
FOLL: Draper Cutler McGrath
INTER: D.Clarke,Snelling,Ham,Mutch

Trav 20

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Idiots get ignored
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Dees
I won't bother with an entire team that will never compete, however, our core 25 and under is solid, namely...

Lever, Salem, Harmes, Langdon, Oliver, Petracca, Fritsch, Brayshaw, Viney, Weideman or Petty or both, plus I suspect Joel Smith.

There's also Pickett, Jackson and a host of others.

I'd say there are certainly 11 in the best 22 and possibly a few more.

Tenny

??
Jan 7, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond

Pies are done IMO. Two heartbreaking finals losses are hard to come back from plus they won’t win a flag with Mihocek and Cox as their KPFs.

AuntyBlindEye

Slick Bear
Chess Club Member EKA Medal - Sweet FA Rising Star BeanCoiNFT Investor
Jul 19, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
B: McIntosh, Garthwaite, Baker
HB: Short, Vlastuin (C), Markov
C: Martyn, Stack, Balta
HF: Castagna, Chol, Higgins
F: Rioli, Coleman-Jones, Cumberland
R: Soldo, Ross (VC), Bolton,
I: Nankervis, Naish, Collier-Dawkins, Eggmolesse-Smith

roacheee

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Aug 25, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Good thread. Dead at work, I’ll have a crack at Richmond. I endeavored to keep a similar structure to the 2019 side.

B: McIntosh Garthwaite Baker
HB: Vlastuin Balta Eggmolesse-Smith
C: Rioli Stack Short
HF: Castagna Chol Higgins
F: Dow Coleman-Jones Markov
R: Nankervis Ross Bolton
I: Soldo, Naish, Collier-Dawkins, Cumberland

9 premiership players remain which is great.

Missed out, Turner, Ralphsmith, Miller, Nyuon, Martin, Aarts, English
10 premiership players.....ahem where is jack ******* graham?

Brett C

Club Legend
Oct 11, 2014
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Manchester United
Were you posting the last time you beat us?
Mate Lions supporters have had nothing but pain for the last 12-13 years outside of last year. Even during the 3 peat era our supporters didn’t even come close to the arrogance a section of tigers supporters exhibit.

The funny thing is your actual players are more humble that supporters

Ambrosia

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 11, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
Best 25 and under in order
1: Dogs
2: Lions
3: North
4: Suns
5: Giants
6: blues
7: Saints
8: Freo

bottom 4
Cats, pies, crows, Eagles/tigers

I just can’t see how you can have North so high. They literally have none of the top 25 and under players.

I mean you have Collingwood bottom 4 and they have Grundy, De Goey, Stephenson, Phillips and Moore. I’d have all 5 of those guys are better than North’s best u25 player. Who is probably Zurharr at this point? I know footballs a team game but imagine for a second what Brodie Grundy would do to Tristan Xerri?

I’m actually not trying to attack North’s youth as I rate LDU, Thomas, Simpkin, Zurharr and Larkey but for the most part they are still mostly potential not real production. Especially when you consider other U/25 sides are rolling around with genuine stars of the competition.

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2007
Melbourne, Victoria
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
I just can’t see how you can have North so high. They literally have none of the top 25 and under players.

I mean you have Collingwood bottom 4 and they have Grundy, De Goey, Stephenson, Phillips and Moore. I’d have all 5 of those guys are better than North’s best u25 player. Who is probably Zurharr at this point? I know footballs a team game but imagine for a second what Brodie Grundy would do to Tristan Xerri?

I’m actually not trying to attack North’s youth as I rate LDU, Thomas, Simpkin, Zurharr and Larkey but for the most part they are still mostly potential not real production. Especially when you consider other U/25 sides are rolling around with genuine stars of the competition.

He can't see much with his head up his anus.

Foucault1989

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 16, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton

Look at who he supports and there is your answer

Back