List Mgmt. Your clubs 25 and under team

Remove this Banner Ad

Not to mention Dunstan (top 10 in the B&F last year) and potentially Bytel- who in his underage year had better numbers in the TAC Cup than everyone bar Sam Walsh, despite- like Walsh- being a year younger than most of the rest of that comp (including the likes of Worpel, Clark, Dow, LDU and Cerra).

Then had his draft year ruined by a bad back injury, but was training with our main group by the end of last season and then came 8th in the time trial to start this preseason, so is one, like King, who has the potential and ability to impact this year, if fit/available.

Yeah I missed Dunstan which is weird because he illustrated my point well. In that he’s no star but in comparison to other u25 teams he’s a very good 4th/5th mid.

To me there’s no point talking about zero gamers in this thread. My whole argument for the Saints being a good u25 team is the amount of proven talent they have.

Seriously good top 10. I predicted Melbourne for top 4 in 2020 and got laughed at though.
I’d love for them to make top 4. I’ll settle for finals though. I think the list is good. The bulk of our core is very young.

I got burnt badly by 2019. The previous year going to two finals on beautiful nights was seriously one of the most enjoyable things I can recall. I remember thinking - so this is what it’s like, going to watch your team play in front of massive crowds, winning, leaving the ground with head held high. I thought that signalled the end, for a while at least, of supporting a team that left you largely more depressed than anything much else. I thought we had built talent on the list and had finally found our groove.

Then of course 2019 happened. Lord only knows what I think now.

No first or second rounders next year though right?

This is true, and does suck.
However the damage is mitigated by the fact we had debuted the highest amount of players in our premiership year.

We have a SOLID list of 14 players 25&under who have played at AFL level, including a number of premiership players.
I could realistically see 12 of those 14 in our best 22 soon enough. With Jake Waterman and Frankie Watson both good players also that could make it.

Tim Kelly
Dom Sheed
Tom Barrass
Liam Ryan
Tom Cole
Oscar Allen
Jack Petruccelle
Jarrod Cameron
Liam Duggan
Jarrod Brander
Daniel Venables
Josh Rotham

Jake Waterman
Frankie Watson

Honourable mention - Willie Rioli back for season 2021 (this assumes a backdated 18month or 2 year suspension which would see him back either start or mid-season.

EDIT: Jarrod Cameron, not Jeremy, thanks for pointing out the error WillHayward

Last edited:
I hope you never mocked the Hawks players who won Premierships who always got described as being lucky to have been in the same team as the 2 or 3 players who won it for us.
[/QUOTE]
No one should EVER mock Hawthorn players. They are all Hall of Famers. If it were up to me, we would create bronze statues outside the MCG for every Hawthorn premiership player in the recent decade :p

Not sure that compares with Brisbane's top ten:

1. Cameron
2. Andrews
3. McLugagge
4. Berry
5. Hipwood
6. Gardiner
7. Rayner
8. Witherden
9. McStay
10. Ah Chee

Note I am aware the ranking of St Kildas u25's as the second best behind the Bulldogs wasn't your idea, but you put up a list I could make a comparison with.

Reckon Answerth gets a guernsey ahead of Ah Chee. Elliot Yeo 2.0

This is true, and does suck.
However the damage is mitigated by the fact we had debuted the highest amount of players in our premiership year.

We have a SOLID list of 14 players 25&under who have played at AFL level, including a number of premiership players.
I could realistically see 12 of those 14 in our best 22 soon enough. With Jake Waterman and Frankie Watson both good players also that could make it.

Tim Kelly
Dom Sheed
Tom Barrass
Liam Ryan
Tom Cole
Oscar Allen
Jack Petruccelle
Jeremy Cameron
Liam Duggan
Jarrod Brander
Daniel Venables
Josh Rotham

Jake Waterman
Frankie Watson

Honourable mention - Willie Rioli back for season 2021 (this assumes a backdated 18month or 2 year suspension which would see him back either start or mid-season.

Fair post

But I think it is Jarrod...

If you had Jeremy....

You would next the next 3 flags...

The Tigers came back from 3 and won it with Jack and 5 smalls.

Richmond had a horrible year in 2016 (13th with 8 wins) after those 3 finals losses, and 2017 was in large part due to an administration and board with enough guts to stick with the coaches, etc. (and strong enough to hold off potential challenges).

They then traded out (at his request) one of their few long term stars (Deledio).

Then the plans for 2017 fell apart fairly early in the year due to injuries and retirement and the entire game plan was essentially redone (Jack and 5 smalls and playing 1 ruckman wasn't by choice after all).

Not saying Richmond is unique or anything, just pointing out that a simple example like the one you gave doesn't really hold up as a comparison because there is a lot more to it that is unlikely to occur again, let alone be replicated.

Last edited:
FF Farrell Hayes, Williams
HF Butters, Marshall, Drew
C Duursma, Wines, Amon
HB Bonner, Clurey, Byrnes-Jones
FB Garner, Lienert, Burton
Ruck Ladhams Houston Rozee

INT Bergman, Atley , Georgiades, Patmore

Emerg. Cox , Mead, woodcock, Riley Grundy, pasini , buzza , Frederick.

an absolute wealth of 25 and under talent there. The trick is developing them and not going backwards.

ladhams and Hayes are gun rucks of the future.

Decent amount of midfield class. Houston, rozee duursma butters, with Drew wines atley and patmore.

Marshall with Hayes as a forward Rick and Georgiades is a talented bunch but no depth behind them.

small defenders, dbj is already a very solid player but garner is the up and comer with a bright future.

big lack of key defenders. Grundy and pasini are long shot prospects.

Need to add some more talent to the group and fill more holes but the group is there. Coaching and development will decide whether they become anything.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back