Your clubs 26 and under side

May 6, 2007
South East Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspurs, Melbourne Vixen
Anyone else getting really sick of Richmond fans hijacking so many threads? Richmond fans seem to think we want to discuss Richmond as much as they do. In truth I find clubs like Gold Coast, Hawthorn and even North sodding Melbourne more interesting from the point of view of this thread.

All bigfooty is are Richmond fans obsessed with Richmond. Carlton & North supporters potting Essendon and occasionally a topic not detailed by a select few

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oct 4, 2006
The hood
AFL Club
North Melbourne
good rebuttal.

You have no senior players. No KPP coming through. Your list is massively lopsided youth to experience.

Ben Cunnington
Todd Goldstein
Robbie Tarrant
Jed Anderson
Jack Ziebell
Jarred Polec
Aidan Corr
Luke McDonald
Trent dumont
Shuan Atley

That’s 10 very experienced players that would be either locks or close to locks for starting 22. So close to half the team. Far from “none”.

They would be supported if needed by Aaron Hall, Josh Walker, Kayne Turner, Taylor Garner, Dom Tyson, Tom Campbell. So another 6 players that are very experienced but hopefully aren’t playing much footy in 2021.

It’s really not the “no senior players” narrative you’re trying to sell.

As for “no KPP coming through”. That’s a strange comment when we pushed 28 year old Ben Brown out the door for nothing and committed to 22 year old Nick Larkey, who averages half a goal a game more than Aaron Naughton, Sam Weideman, and basically the same as Harry McKay.

Speaking of we have a just turned 23, KPD down back that finished top 10 in the b&f that also has a last name Mckay.

We have Charlie Comben, 199 cm KPP that just signed a 2 year contract extension. And 202 cm Ruckman/KPF Tristan Xerri who also just signed a 2 year extension.

Sure it might not be a strength in terms of list build but again the “no KPPs coming through” line seems disingenuous.

May 6, 2007
South East Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspurs, Melbourne Vixen
Are Essendon fans always this fragile or is it just school holidays? :D

You any chance to answer a question posed to you or are you that confused thinking this is the bay?

Childish is what I would call your posting. Put up or shut up now big boy. It’s boring, monotonous and has added very little if anything to the debate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daine

Debutant
Aug 24, 2020
AFL Club
Essendon
Are Essendon fans always this fragile or is it just school holidays? :D

Your posting is just really boring though. You have said the same thing a bunch of times without adding anything new to the thread. Yeah we get it - you don't rate the Bomber's 26 and under team, but you don't need to post that ten times. It just lowers the quality of the thread for everyone.

Feb 17, 2006
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
A quick (my) best 22 from the teams posted:

B: Ryan, Andrews, Vlastuin
HB: Whitfield, Moore, Byrne-Jones
C: McCluggage, Cripps, Macrae
HF: Bontempelli, Naughton, Coniglio
F: Papley, King, Cameron
Foll: Grundy, Petracca, T. Kelly
Int: Williams, Steele, Weitering, J. Kelly

Bloody hard exercise. Lots of players in contention who would not look out of place - Daniel, Taranto, Ridley, Doedee, Oliver, Rowell, Maynard, De Goey, Simpkin, Heeney, Balta, Hipwood, Butler, McGrath...

I mean any other north team wouldn’t be any different....
You have 10 players over the age of 26. That means you have between 30 and 34 players eligible for this side. So you're saying that none of the players not named in the OP are no chance of getting a game? How often do two people share the exact same team?

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
We moved Butler on but did we really move Higgins on or did he request a trade? This guy was a diehard St Kilda fan growing up and Higgins seems to be really passionate about them so I’m starting to think that his mind was set on them. I mean, he did work experience with Gresham (a star St Kilda player and all) so I don’t think he’d have stayed for long anyway whether we played him this year or not.

He saw the writting on the wall with Maurice Rioli Jnr being drafted, also means Daniel will likely stay for a bit longer as well.

Arts and Costangna also tough competition.

Who knows what was said behind closed doors but looking at list decisions in recruitment and retention he thought his career would progress faster elsewhere.

You have 10 players over the age of 26. That means you have between 30 and 34 players eligible for this side. So you're saying that none of the players not named in the OP are no chance of getting a game? How often do two people share the exact same team?
Keep in mind that was a pre draft team

sprinkle in Will Phillips and the rest stays the same

Instincts

Cancelled
Sep 21, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Alright since there seems to a lot of noise around this for a North 26 and under side to be posted, I'll post mine without having a look at the Ziebull's one and see how different it is

B: Perez McKay Hayden
HB: Young Corr McDonald
C: Dumont LDU Scott
R: Xerri Simpkin Phillips
HF: Taylor Comben Stephenson
FF: Thomas Larkey Zurhaar
I: Bonar Powell W. Walker Mahony

Note: I didn't include Anderson in because he turns 27 at the start of 2021 before he can play a game, Corr turns 27 in May so he'll at least play 5-6 whilst still being in the bracket

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
A popular view of those who do not watch Richmond games intently. But thank you for your opinion.

We are comparing two players arent we?

Not game styles.

So you think D Rioli is a better player than Higgins?

Noted, happy to return to that comparison in the future.

What was it again in the GF, 6 possessions one kick, no goals. 4 tackles covered up the cracks a fair bit though.

#gosaintas

Cancelled
Veteran Reimagine Moorabbin
Nov 11, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda

Not game styles.

What was it again in the GF, 6 possessions one kick, no goals. 4 tackles covered up the cracks a fair bit though.
He was also just pipped for the Neon Leon worst on ground medal. 1 kick for a gain of -4m

Mt Isa Mustang

Cancelled
Dream Team Club Board Winner
Nov 23, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
A quick (my) best 22 from the teams posted:

B: Ryan, Andrews, Vlastuin
HB: Whitfield, Moore, Byrne-Jones
C: McCluggage, Cripps, Macrae
HF: Bontempelli, Naughton, Coniglio
F: Papley, King, Cameron
Foll: Grundy, Petracca, T. Kelly
Int: Williams, Steele, Weitering, J. Kelly

Bloody hard exercise. Lots of players in contention who would not look out of place - Daniel, Taranto, Ridley, Doedee, Oliver, Rowell, Maynard, De Goey, Simpkin, Heeney, Balta, Hipwood, Butler, McGrath...
Which King?

Rich01

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond

Not game styles.

Youre comparing Rioli in the GF vs Higgins? How does that work for you?

Feb 17, 2006
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Which King?
Max. But it's pretty slim pickings compared with the tall defenders and midfielders available in particular.

Who would your two tall forwards be out of:

Allen
Blakey
Curnow
Daniher
Georgiadis
Hipwood
B. King
M. King
Larkey
Lukosius
McKay
Naughton
Stewart
Weideman

Anyone I've forgotten?

Sep 16, 2015
Inside 50
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Claremont Tigers
Max. But it's pretty slim pickings compared with the tall defenders and midfielders available in particular.

Who would your two tall forwards be out of:

Allen
Blakey
Curnow
Daniher
Georgiadis
Hipwood
B. King
M. King
Larkey
Lukosius
McKay
Naughton
Stewart
Weideman

Anyone I've forgotten?
It's a pretty good list! Well done.

If all fit and available, I'd be tempted with Curnow and Daniher.

But, knowing what we know I think I'd lean towards Max King and Eric Hipwood.

Back