Your clubs 26 and under side

Remove this Banner Ad

Have you missed the pages and pages of posts from a certain Richmond supporter telling everyone how good Rioli is?

And the pages and pages of people saying he is no good….until they were invited to list clubs whose best 22 he wouldn’t make….then the vitrioli started to find its level somewhere between him not being Walters or Cameron good, but not having much trouble getting a guernsey at just about every other team.

Me over-rating Rioli to the extent you are making out is a figment of your apparently limited imagination. 😉

And the pages and pages of people saying he is no good….until they were invited to list clubs whose best 22 he wouldn’t make….then the vitrioli started to find its level somewhere between him not being Walters or Cameron good, but not having much trouble getting a guernsey at just about every other team.

Me over-rating Rioli to the extent you are making out is a figment of your apparently limited imagination. 😉

Making the best-22 at most clubs doesn't mean he's a great player. He's a bottom half of the list kind of guy, not in the same stratosphere of what a Walters can do.

Your posts about Rioli have basically been fan fiction level.

If his name was Daniel Smith no one would mention him.

Making the best-22 at most clubs doesn't mean he's a great player. He's a bottom half of the list kind of guy, not in the same stratosphere of what a Walters can do.

He's a last man picked sort of player. Borderline vfl/afl

Your posts read really nicely. The problem is you are imagining the contents of the posts you are responding to in order to make your posts read nicely.

I have never said Rioli is a “great” player. I said Richmond had 5 players in their u/26 team who would get a game in every other full team and Rioli was possibly a 6th.

You are now basically agreeing with that. While at the same time claiming incorrectly that is not my position. You might be confused about the whole thing, but let’s try to stop you confusing everybody else on the thread. 😁

He’s still touchy that more fans cheered Essendons “win” when 90% of our list was suspended than North’s fans cheering the win.

Bemusing that Boristown has not posted a north Melbourne U26 team. Almost like he’s embarrassed so just goes after BugFooty’s easiest target. Essendon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That is because he is a WB alias. Wouldn’t know much about any list but the dogs.

You are now basically agreeing with that. While at the same time claiming incorrectly that is not my position. You might be confused about the whole thing, but let’s try to stop you confusing everybody else on the thread. 😁

So you're moving the bar, saying what you said wasn't over the top fan fiction, and that he's simply an average role player in a good side?

Now 26 years and under/ born no later than 1994 is an arbitrary number but hopefully gives teams enough players to select a best 22 pre the draft on Wednesday with the reduced lists.

keen to see who will be potentially looking decent in 3 plus years times

B: Hayden Mckay Young
HB: McDonald Corr Perez
C: Dumont LDU Stephenson
HF: Taylor Comben Garner
F: Turner Larkey Zurhaar
R: Xerri Simpkin Thomas
I: Mahony Jed Bonar Atu Scott
I think I recognise a couple of names on that list. Any of that 22 expected to debut this year?

So you're moving the bar, saying what you said wasn't over the top fan fiction, and that he's simply an average role player in a good side?

Well how about you show me the bit you are referring to from what I wrote that was over the top fan fiction….like you know, the actual quote, not something you have imagined.

I am not going to make statements at your behest based on your misrendering of my position. The statement you are making about Rioli is simply not the way I would put it. I would say he is a proven best 22 player in a triple premiership team. This is basically indisputable.

The statement I made that first triggered your derision was simply that he has repeatedly stood up in his role in big games. Again, this is pretty much indisputable.

At another point on the thread I think I said Richmond had 5 players in their 26 and under team who would get a game in every other team. And that Rioli was arguably a 6th. I actually think six Richmond players would get picked in every other team on reflection, Bolton, Balta, Vlastuin, Baker, Short, Graham. And Rioli and Castagna are possible additions.

Your hysterical rants are not based on what I wrote. They seem to be based on what you imagine I believe. I suggest you read and consider objectively what other people post.

Last edited:
Well how about you show me the bit you are referring to from what I wrote that was over the top fan fiction….like you know, the actual quote, not something you have imagined.

There was 2 - 3 posts that were total fan fiction. The player you described wasn't some bottom half of the 22 role player, it was the greatest player the game has ever seen.

I honestly can't be bothered going back to wade through the 10-15 pages of rubbish posted since then to find it. You can either accept that your description of Rioli was insanely overboard, as evidenced by the numerous people that have jumped on it and told you how ridiculous it was, whilst pretending you were really saying "Daniel Rioli is an average player who plays a role in a good side that would see him start in most teams, yet is not a star", or don't.

You're now walking back your statements to a significantly more modest description of his capabilities.

consider objectively

Nothing about your descriptions of Rioli is objective though, or the Richmond football club for that matter.

You're welcome to be a one-eyed Richmond supporter, just as others are welcome to comment on it.

There was 2 - 3 posts that were total fan fiction. The player you described wasn't some bottom half of the 22 role player, it was the greatest player the game has ever seen.

I honestly can't be bothered going back to wade through the 10-15 pages of rubbish posted since then to find it. You can either accept that your description of Rioli was insanely overboard, as evidenced by the numerous people that have jumped on it and told you how ridiculous it was, whilst pretending you were really saying "Daniel Rioli is an average player who plays a role in a good side that would see him start in most teams, yet is not a star", or don't.

You're now walking back your statements to a significantly more modest description of his capabilities.

Nothing about your descriptions of Rioli is objective though, or the Richmond football club for that matter.

You're welcome to be a one-eyed Richmond supporter, just as others are welcome to comment on it.

Well your statement of me posting 2-3 posts of total fan fiction doesn’t mean much if you can’t produce any evidence to support the statement. I don’t delete my posts. They are all still there unless someone else has deleted them, which I wouldn’t expect. If I made statements rating Rioli above where I am now telling you I rate him, then show us the evidence you are basing this upon. The fact is I didn’t. You have got confused somewhere along the line in all the ensuing debates around Rioli and his role and other players like Butler.

If you can’t or won’t produce the evidence to support your assertion, then let that be known by all that your statement about how I over-rate Rioli stands without any evidence to support it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just re-name this thread “How good is Daniel Rioli really?”

Last edited:
It is an absolute testament to how good a footballer Dustin Martin is that duds like Daniel Rioli, Jason Castagna and Nathan Broad are triple premiership players thanks to him. Strong argument that he's the GOAT based on that alone.

Wow, the delusion shows no signs of abating.

The guy averaged 15 disposals (6 contested) last season.
Yup mate, he is totally useless, worthless. Please, please, please use your 55K+ response power (good effort) to develop lobby groups for each of the other AFL clubs with the specific aim of-

That they never, never, never approaching Graham or his management with an offer?

Thanks with much appreciation.

Last edited:
Rioli lives of the last name

overrated af IMO

I'd say it's the opposite.

He's a good player, but because people try to read into the name that Rioli=star player, then him falling short of that means he's considered a failure.

Which leaves him underrated because of his name.

I'd say it's the opposite.

He's a good player, but because people try to read into the name that Rioli=star player, then him falling short of that means he's considered a failure.

Which leaves him underrated because of his name.
He wouldn't be on a list if his name was Smith

He wouldn't be on a list if his name was Smith

You really think a guy who played in 3 winning premiership teams wouldn't make any playing list?

Or to put it another way, that Richmond won 3 flags with only 21 AFL standard players?

Mind you, given that he also came equal 14th in the B&F (tied with the better Reiwoldt), that would also suggest that all those behind him aren't AFL standard either.

So do you think Richmond won the flag with only 14 players who would make any other AFL list?

Last edited:
You really think a guy who played in 3 winning premiership teams wouldn't make any playing list?

Or to put it another way, that Richmond won 3 flags with only 21 AFL standard players?

Mind you, given that he also came equal 14th in the B&F (tied with the better Reiwoldt), that would also suggest that all those behind him aren't AFL standard either.

So do you think Richmond won the flag with only 14 players who would make any other AFL list?
He was worst on ground. 1 kick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back