Your clubs 26 and under side

Remove this Banner Ad

Jan 7, 2011
Heaven. I mean Victoria.
AFL Club
St Kilda
This whole team is either in the team at the moment, or injured, but were best 22 at the time of their injury. Except Battle, who had been in the team for the previous 2.5 years, but got dropped the week prior to his season-ending injury.

B: Highmore Howard Coffield
HB: Sinclair Wilkie Clark
C: Billings Dunstan McKenzie
HF: Butler Battle Higgins
F: Gresham King Sharman
R: Marshall Steele Jones
Int: Byrnes Paton Bytel Connolly

Well with Jason Horne locked in the mids and forwards is complete

B: Turner Mckay Young
HB: McDonald Bonar Perez
C: Powell Phillips Thomas
HF: Horne Comben Taylor
F: Stephenson Larkey Zurhaar
R: Xerri LDU Simpkin
I: Dumont Lazzaro Ford Mahony/atu

Corr at 27 not included but will be key for us for the next 5-7 years at CHB

Jan 5, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Think that teams shows north still has a long long way before they start challenging for the top 8, few more years of getting good young talent needed

Ambrosia

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 11, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon

North have turned it round pretty quickly. I thought their list was screwed and they were set for an extended run of bottom 4 finishes.

Obviously a lot has to do with injuries but I could easily see North in the 8-12 bracket next season. That being said that’s not a tough leap for any side. It’s jumping from there to the top 4 that is hard.

Ambrosia

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 11, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
Care to explain why?

I rate North’s rebuild but if I were to critique the side I’d go:

Turner - Shut down small defenders who are limited offensively have no place in a good side

Bonar - Don’t rate. Is athletic that’s about it.

Young - unsure if he makes it and is a fairly vanilla prospect anyway.

Horne - not on the list yet probably should wait until it actually happens.

Mahony - I just don’t see how he becomes a good AFL footballer. Slow, small framed and is only a neat ball user not a Caleb Daniel type.

Perez, Combden, Atu, Lazz, Ford- Are largely unproven at this point and haven’t stamped themselves as quality. Obviously plenty of upside there though.

Xerri - Don’t see it. Think he’s a long term back up ruck not the guy who will replace Goldy.

Zurhaar and Larkey - Great finds by North but feel that for success at the pointy end of the ladder they need to be 2nd and 3rd options.

Turner - Shut down small defenders who are limited offensively have no place in a good side

Mahony - I just don’t see how he becomes a good AFL footballer. Slow, small framed and is only a neat ball user not a Caleb Daniel type.

Perez, Combden, Atu, Lazz, Ford- Are largely unproven at this point and haven’t stamped themselves as quality. Obviously plenty of upside there though.

Xerri - Don’t see it. Think he’s a long term back up ruck not the guy who will replace Goldy.

Zurhaar and Larkey - Great finds by North but feel that for success at the pointy end of the ladder they need to be 2nd and 3rd options.
Your last 2 points potentially fair enough

Your first few points are judging the bottom 4-6 of the team named which I could do with any teams 26 and under list

Also disagree with the lockdown small defender point, that defensively minded role is important

I agree with most of that but Larkey is quality. He only needs 1 goal next week to have a 40 goal season in the bottom side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ambrosia

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 11, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
Your last 2 points potentially fair enough

Your first few points are judging the bottom 4-6 of the team named which I could do with any teams 26 and under list

Also disagree with the lockdown small defender point, that defensively minded role is important

My first four points covers 10 players that’s almost half a side. I didn’t mention that Dumont and McDonald age out of 26 and under bracket next year and have zero upside whilst only being B/C graders.

Name the lockdown defenders who are as limited offensively as Turner in the top 4 sides this year. Jed Bews maybe but he’s really athletic and at 186cm tall can play on a variety of forward whilst also being significantly better offensively than Turner.

My first four points covers 10 players that’s almost half a side. I didn’t mention that Dumont and McDonald age out of 26 and under bracket next year and have zero upside whilst only being B/C graders.

Name the lockdown defenders who are as limited offensively as Turner in the top 4 sides this year.
Sorry I should have been more specific with the points I disagreed with

Horne is locked in/pick 1
Turner has an important role to play to shutdown the small forwards

Mahony and Young I agree with you along with the 5 names you mentioned are largely unproven but the early signs are Lazzaro, Perez and Ford will all be good players for us along with Comben

I’ll give you Atu and really I named him 5th on the bench so not even in the team

Dewyyyyy

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 28, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
North have turned it round pretty quickly. I thought their list was screwed and they were set for an extended run of bottom 4 finishes.

Obviously a lot has to do with injuries but I could easily see North in the 8-12 bracket next season. That being said that’s not a tough leap for any side. It’s jumping from there to the top 4 that is hard.
You're joking right.

Dewyyyyy

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 28, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Rightio.
Hawthorn's best side under 26 (No future draftees).
B: Hardwick, DGB, Jiath
HB: Impey, Sicily, Scrimshaw
C: Day, Duke, Bramble
HF: Moore, Jeka, S. Mitchell
F: Brockman, Lewis, Koschitzke
FOL: Reeves, Worpel, Maginness
INT: Saunders, Downie, Howe, Morrison

Players who can make the side just need to see more:
Morris (love his new role as a defender in the VFL wanna see him play in the AFL with that role.)
Callow (Wanna see him play as a defender aswell as a forward, can see him making the side as a pure key defender.)
Cousins (Reckon he's literally an inch away from the team, his contract year next year most likely (aka playing his heart out to see if he can pull off a Moore).

Players who are close but aren't just there
Tom Phillips (I like him but we have better wing options, much better i might add.)

Players named Nash.
Okay he's not horrible i have more faith in Maginness from what i've seen and think he's a better long term option :D

Rightio.
Hawthorn's best side under 26 (No future draftees).
B: Hardwick, DGB, Jiath
HB: Impey, Sicily, Scrimshaw
C: Day, Duke, Bramble
HF: Moore, Jeka, S. Mitchell
F: Brockman, Lewis, Koschitzke
FOL: Reeves, Worpel, Maginness
INT: Saunders, Downie, Howe, Morrison

Players who can make the side just need to see more:
Morris (love his new role as a defender in the VFL wanna see him play in the AFL with that role.)
Callow (Wanna see him play as a defender aswell as a forward, can see him making the side as a pure key defender.)
Cousins (Reckon he's literally an inch away from the team, his contract year next year most likely (aka playing his heart out to see if he can pull off a Moore).

Players who are close but aren't just there
Tom Phillips (I like him but we have better wing options, much better i might add.)

Players named Nash.
Okay he's not horrible i have more faith in Maginness from what i've seen and think he's a better long term option :D
That midfield needs a lot of work

Dewyyyyy

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 28, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
That midfield needs a lot of work
We've got 3 top 25 picks this year, 2 are mids. Likely get a Goater/Erasmus and a Clarke with the 2nd and even possibly Taylor, fixes alot of issues in terms of balancing out an inside mid dominant midfield while also having the mid-fwd but the mid-wing-hb. Players like Jaeger are just a year off the 26 and will be around for a little and we likely don't get more inside mids until either, Maginness and the likes fail or in a couple years we will grab a couple to develop and move in. Our side has really built from defense.

Instincts

Cancelled
Sep 21, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Turner - Good player, Brisbane has Starcevich so that reasoning evaporates.

Bonar - I'm unsure about his future to be honest... is meant to be another purely shutdown type, including McKay, we'd have 3 of those on our B22 if he's in there.

Young - Yeah, he sucks

Horne - Hopefully we pick him and he turns good

Mahony - Is not slow, a 19 year old and fills out a role and will never be a star.

Perez - Showed a lot in his first few games last year, seems to be quite versatile.
Comben - Had a better debut last night than a lot of key forwards... hopefully he can stay on the park
Atu - Probably the replacement candidate for Hall, has good legs and ball use
Lazz - Showed lots of pace and class for a first year player
Ford - Had a great game last night, decent games prior, should become good

Xerri - I agree with you.

Zurhaar and Larkey - Can hold their own as 1st and 2nd options and since the bye they have a combined average of 4.5+ goals a game.

Instincts

Cancelled
Sep 21, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Both offer a lot more offensively than Turner and have size to play on a variety of types.

If I was a north fan I’d be hoping Turner be pushed out by Atu by early next season.
Starcevich's .5 more disposals and .2 more score involvements compared to Turner is the difference between him being average and a very good defender.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back