Strategy Your club's draft/trade needs 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Future third round and 68 for Meek?
Bulldogs should be asking the question and would pay up for him.
Ballarat kid too so we can wheel out his face for our Mars Stadium games and give him a bit or marketing cash for his troubles

Who are some players the dogs will look to trade out to get those points? Lipinski being the obvious one
I'd say we'll consider trading future picks for current picks as well, with next year's picks being on the table for a player of need plus pick sweeteners this year. Next year we're likely to have a good FS kid (Jordan Croft) who may be rated ahead of our first pick anyway.

Who are some players the dogs will look to trade out to get those points? Lipinski being the obvious one

Ed Richards is a talent and I’d like to see him stay, but we’ll have to lose a good player or two and he could go.

I'd say we'll consider trading future picks for current picks as well, with next year's picks being on the table for a player of need plus pick sweeteners this year. Next year we're likely to have a good FS kid (Jordan Croft) who may be rated ahead of our first pick anyway.
Would it be worth it giving up the picks required to match a bid for Croft if you've already got Naughton Darcy & JUH plus however long Bruce will be there for?

Would it be worth it giving up the picks required to match a bid for Croft if you've already got Naughton Darcy & JUH plus however long Bruce will be there for?
wait never mind I'm an idiot and misread. For some reason I thought you said he was a key forward. I'm an idiot

Personally I think there's a chance Darcy ends up as a KPD anyway. He played there for Oakleigh earlier in the year.
Jordan is a big kid who has played a bit of - you guessed it - KPF. Bruce only has a couple of years left though and Marra will take time so I'd be more than happy to add another tall to our development stocks.

1: finish last and take Horne

2: let Dumont go for level 3 compo. Get pick 21.

3: trade pick 20 to bulldogs for their first pick, say 17, with deal to bid on daicos at 1, take Horne at 2. Throw in round 3 pick if required. Take best available KPP at 17 assuming no shock player slides unbelievably.

4: use remaining pick 21 to get best available small forward with pace, or half back with pace (preferred).

5: take Jackson Archer as a late selection or rookie pick.

3: trade pick 20 to bulldogs for their first pick, say 17, with deal to bid on daicos at 1, take Horne at 2. Throw in round 3 pick if required. Take best available KPP at 17 assuming no shock player slides unbelievably.

4: use remaining pick 21 to get best available small forward with pace, or half back with pace (preferred).

I like step 3.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

North getting a band 3 for Dumont would be a total rort.

Brad crouch got band 3. Who the hell is paying Dumont good money over good years?

That ridiculous gcs offer to Atkins got a band 4. and that was something stupid like 4 years on decent coin. they overpaid stupidly cause outside mids are something of a rarity at the moment.

players like Dumont aren't in demand, the league is stocked to the brim with them. I can't even say what team in the league even really needs a player like him?

While I'd be happy to do point 3, the AFL would never sign off on a trade like that. We'd need to at least pretend like it's a "fair" trade with no hidden handshake agreements, even though everyone would know what's going on.

Brad crouch got band 3. Who the hell is paying Dumont good money over good years?

That ridiculous gcs offer to Atkins got a band 4. and that was something stupid like 4 years on decent coin. they overpaid stupidly cause outside mids are something of a rarity at the moment.

players like Dumont aren't in demand, the league is stocked to the brim with them. I can't even say what team in the league even really needs a player like him?
What sort of player is Dumont?

What sort of player is Dumont?

A bog average one.

Who is neither an inside mid, nor an outside runner. Vanilla no weapon low disposal guy that most fans wouldn’t recognise if they met him on the street.

Anyway let’s not get another thread bogged down with a fans fantasy of player x gets wild compo ideas.

A bog average one.

Who is neither an inside mid, nor an outside runner. Vanilla no weapon low disposal guy that most fans wouldn’t recognise if they met him on the street.

Anyway let’s not get another thread bogged down with a fans fantasy of player x gets wild compo ideas.
What role does he play?

Probably best not to comment on players if you don't know who they are.

Trent Dumont's B and F finishes. 2020 5th. 2019 4th. 2018 6th. He is one of the hardest working two-way runners in the comp. He was missing in the first half of the year and we kept getting smashed off turnovers. No surprises that with him back this isn't such a problem. Every successful club needs players like Dumont, I'd be very disappointed if we lost him for Band 3 compo.

Bulldogs should be asking the question and would pay up for him.
Ballarat kid too so we can wheel out his face for our Mars Stadium games and give him a bit or marketing cash for his troubles

Bulldogs rucks Sweet and Meek.

1. Bigger, marking type midfielder (Patrick Lipinski, or drafting Neil Erasmus, Josh Goater, etc)
2. Small pressure forward
3. Small defender

1. Bigger, marking type midfielder (Patrick Lipinski, or drafting Neil Erasmus, Josh Goater, etc)
2. Small pressure forward
3. Small defender

I've heard that Essendon is interested and that Lipi has a lot of Dons-supporting family.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back