Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 7, 2009
Bull Creek WA
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Real Madrid, Man City, GS Warriors
West Coast

Highest: 2018 Premiership: Written off by many including a prediction that the Eagles would finish last at the start of that year ending in one of the greatest premierships decided by less than a goal with the final kick of the game against Collingwood.

Lowest: 2007. From winning a flag in the previous year to a tumultous season. Off field Ben Cousins suspended and sacked at the end of the season, death of one of our favourite sons and Chris Judd leaving Carlton. The Eagles would miss the Finals from 2008-10 ending with our first and only wooden spoon in 2010 winning only 4 to 8 games.

Crows

Highest: 1997

Lowest: 2017

Every 20 years is a moment for us. :drunk:

Really? You made the GF and got done by one of the best teams of the modern era. Though the camp was embarrassing, it didn't feel (from an outside view) like a really low point.

For the Cats...

High - 2007: Breaking the drought
Low - 2006: After 2 promising seasons, we flushed this one down the toilet despite the obvious talent. Came as close to throwing away my membership as I ever had.

West Coast

Highest: 2018 Premiership: Written off by many including a prediction that the Eagles would finish last at the start of that year ending in one of the greatest premierships decided by less than a goal with the final kick of the game against Collingwood.

Lowest: 2007. From winning a flag in the previous year to a tumultous season. Off field Ben Cousins suspended and sacked at the end of the season, death of one of our favourite sons and Chris Judd leaving Carlton. The Eagles would miss the Finals from 2008-10 ending with our first and only wooden spoon in 2010 winning only 4 to 8 games.
I agree with the lowest but surely the highest has to be the 1992 premiership. First non Victorian team to win the flag, behind two goals at half time and fought back from losing the year before.

I'd even put 2006 ahead of 2018. To lose by four points against Sydney in 2005 and then back it up to beat the same team by 1 point takes a lot of mental strength.

I agree with the lowest but surely the highest has to be the 1992 premiership. First non Victorian team to win the flag, behind two goals at half time and fought back from losing the year before.

Our first MCG Grand Final. The first grand final we played in was at Waverley Park. 1992 and 2006 were also premierships we will never forget especially the latter game. "Who would've thought the sequel would be just as good as the original"

Really? You made the GF and got done by one of the best teams of the modern era. Though the camp was embarrassing, it didn't feel (from an outside view) like a really low point.

For the Cats...

High - 2007: Breaking the drought
Low - 2006: After 2 promising seasons, we flushed this one down the toilet despite the obvious talent. Came as close to throwing away my membership as I ever had.

For me it was 1998-1999, finished 12th and we had a pretty poor looking list aside from Darren Milburn and a skinny rookie defender called Scarlett. 1999 and 2001 drafts made a huge difference.

High 2007 obvs. Personally though, beating West Coast by 135 points at their home ground in 2008 was very cool. They couldn't even boo.

High: 2017 flag
No other option really, while 2019 was extremely satisfying and 2020 is just a remarkable story, nothing will ever top the feeling of walking out of the MCG having just watched my team win a flag for the first time in my life. Surreal.

Low: 2016
For all my life being s**t was just Richmond’s thing so no other point sticks out as overly low, just a whole bunch of meh. But we’d been a pretty good team in H&A for a few years, hadn’t won a final and that burned a bit already. Then to have our arse fall out on us and feel like we might have to rebuild again just to get another shot at winning a final, not a great feeling.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

high: 2016 (flag), 08-10 (pretty damn good team without a flag) 1954 (i imagine it was a good flag), 2000 vs Dons (ended their run pretty funny imo)

low: 1989 (merger fight) 2003 (peter rohde worst coach in afl imo, spoon)

High: The four Premierships in 1975, 1977, 1996 and 1999. My personal highlight would be 1996.

Low: Carey Scandal in 2002.
Surely their first premiership ever in the league after 50 years would be their club highest moment.
I get a grand final you saw personally is for you, but the thread title suggest looking beyond what we seen ourselves each.

I don't think I've ever experienced a low as an Essendon fan. Pretty much been smooth sailing.
Lowest point: coming to make that joke and rake in the free likes only to beaten to it by you.

Surely their first premiership ever in the league after 50 years would be their club highest moment.
I get a grand final you saw personally is for you, but the thread title suggest looking beyond what we seen ourselves each.
I would suggest when you haven't won many all of them would be highly important and perhaps for different reasons.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back