Your coach is a class act

Remove this Banner Ad

AndyD

Club Legend
Dec 23, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Forgot to post this on Sunday, but I was at the game and sitting in the aisle the away coach walks thru getting out onto the ground. After the final siren, Adam Simpson took the time out of his way getting onto the ground to shake a young WCE fan’s hand and pat him on the head even though he was clearly disappointed with the result. Obviously it is a small act, but I thought I should pass it along as a sign of the quality person your coach appears to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006_Eagles

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Spooderman Meme Medal
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats
Forgot to post this on Sunday, but I was at the game and sitting in the aisle the away coach walks thru getting out onto the ground. After the final siren, Adam Simpson took the time out of his way getting onto the ground to shake a young WCE fan’s hand and pat him on the head even though he was clearly disappointed with the result. Obviously it is a small act, but I thought I should pass it along as a sign of the quality person your coach appears to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I met Adam about 6 years ago becuase his daughter went to school with my then step daughter and went to each other's houses. Seemed like a pretty nice guy

woosha24

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 5, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Look can I just ask a question:

Have we become the West Coast Bulldogs or something while I wasnt looking?

Since Sunday we've had post after post from Bulldogs supporters in different threads giving their kudos and opinions on our side. If we had won that game they wouldnt be caught dead around here.

Now they're making posts on the board?

It was a good game guys. We shook your hands, now piss off. I hope we smash you later in the year over here.

Provided they don’t break any board rules, opposition supporters have and always will be welcome to post here.

If you see a post that crosses the line, report it and it will be dealt with appropriately

A thread started by a bulldogs supporter congratulating our coach for an act of kindness to a young fan crosses no such line

Since Sunday we've had post after post from Bulldogs supporters in different threads giving their kudos and opinions on our side. If we had won that game they wouldnt be caught dead around here.

It was a good game guys. We shook your hands, now piss off. I hope we smash you later in the year over here.
Gee. Reckon they’ve been nothing but respectful and constructive. They should be more than welcome.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

DanWCE

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 2, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast

You're being unreasonably precious.

woosha24

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 5, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
You're being unreasonably precious.
I dont think its unreasonably precious to not want to be reminded of a close game we've lost, especially from oppo supporters. Guaranteed this wouldnt even be happening if we had won.

Like I said: good game, shake hands, piss off.

Feb 26, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast

That’s a negative, campaigner.

They’re being gracious in victory, why can’t you be gracious in defeat?

Mar 21, 2017
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal, Scorchers, Scuderia Ferrari
I dont think its unreasonably precious to not want to be reminded of a close game we've lost, especially from oppo supporters. Guaranteed this wouldnt even be happening if we had won.

Like I said: good game, shake hands, piss off.
That’s the way of the Freo board.

We’ve always been welcoming of oppo fans here provided they’re not dicks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back