Your Coach is sacked at the end of the season, who do you go after?

Remove this Banner Ad

BlackSwan0512

Senior List
May 13, 2017
AFL Club
Sydney
Good Thread OP and agree Sumich would make a good coach. Unlucky he hasn't been given a chance earlier.

Fortunate to have Dew waiting at the Swans

OzJohnnie

Cancelled
Hawthorn Hawks - Conor Nash Player Sponsor 2017 Hawthorn Hawks - James Cousins Player Sponsor 2017 Hawthorn Hawks - Kaiden Brand Player Sponsor 2017
Feb 4, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Moshie The Mook

Cancelled
BeanCoiNFT Investor
Sep 16, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Matthew Knights/Kevin Bartlett dream team combo, Matthew Richardson goal kicking coach, and Kevin Sheedy to learn the youngsters how to hook turn.

We arent sacking Bolts any time soon.

But if we were looking for a new coach I'd hope we'd enquire after Ross Lyon even if we're no chance of getting him. I still think he's the best coach in the AFL.

Among the assistant coaches I'd probably look at Burns from Collingwood. He's almost got the job at a few clubs lately. Probably being held back because he's working with Bucks and tainted by those results.

van peebles

Cancelled
10k Posts
Aug 12, 2013
AFL Club
GWS
For us someone who is willing to drop players when they are s**t (I'm looking at you Ibbotson) and are there to bring a good attitude to the club. I honestly think that Peter Sumich would be a good coach.
Depends on what sort of list you have and does it need to be rebuilt from the ground up{carlton}or does it need some top ups to have another go at the top 4.
Crazy Voss seems to be mentioned as having learnt harsh lessons and now has assistant years that seems to be required for modern day coaching.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back