Food/Supplements Your Core

Remove this Banner Ad

Okay. If you're a regular pool user and dont want to know, I wouldnt read this.

Have you ever noticed how you seem to get a runny nose when you go for a swim? Mucus leaks from your nose and you try and discreetly wipe it away. The body does this for a reason. A foreign matter is trying to intrude into your body, so it blocks it with mucous. When you're in water your body is under pressure, and the water is trying to force its way into you, but the mucus fights it. This is why you get a runny nose.

Sounds innocent enough. Well, every single orifice in your body reacts the same way. That's right, if there is a hole in your body and you're in water, it leaks. Nice.

Now to public pools. Every pool has a skimmer box, which is the cut out section generally at the end of the pool. The water flows to there and that water is sent to a filtration system, and the filtered water returned. The skimmer box is aptly named. It skims the muck that it sitting on the top few inches of the water. Now, remember earlier when I talked about how your body reacts when it's in water? Well that floats to the surface. Essentially the top few inches of a public pool, or any pool, is made up of body fluids and waste.

The chemicals are never balance right in a public pool, but that's another story. Don't be surprised when a pool lifeguard sues their employer for not providing a safe working environment. Also, if you're disgusted by what happens in a public pool, times that by 10 and you have your local spa.

I hope that you've all eaten :D

I get a runny nose swimming in the ocean as well.

I read the OP. Just being a prick. :D

But seriously:

6km run
pilates
bench press
dumbbell press
pull ups
pull downs
various rows
shoulder press
looking forward to adding the pool again in the summer

Weet Bix
eggs
chicken
red meat
carrot
celery
beans
broccoli
cauliflower
apples
berries
coffee

Friends-dont-let-friends-skip-leg-days.jpg

Food: tbh my diet is fairly shitty, eat whatever I want. Still faiirrly lean but could be leaner if I was more effective at dieting.

Usually train a mix of Cardio/weights, between 8-10 sessions a week.

Weights - basic Chest, Back, Shoulder, Leg. Beginning to superset EVERYTHING so that my HR stays high throughout sessions.
Cardio - Jacobs ladder, run. Will bring swimming in come summer also I think.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back