Your covid +ve experience

Remove this Banner Ad

No experience with the virus as such. I've watched the debate about vax or no-vax for some time. My stance is simply people should have the freedom to choose whether to be vaccinated, except for those in the medical field. I personally chose to be vaccinated, my choice, not sure of how I would have felt if told it was mandatory.

The issue is, I had my second vax late October and they are suggesting people get a third vax for Omicron. I'm a person who has never had any reaction to vaccinations my entire adult life. Interesting to note, that in the past 2 days, I'm starting to feel slight discomfort where I had my Covid vaccination 2 months ago. Coincidence? Maybe, but it does make me wonder.

Pointless getting tested here in Adelaide. The waiting time the other day was up to 10 hours, and I'm not spending 10 hours in line for anything. And I wonder how the greenies feel about all the carbon emissions with people running their engines. Still, at least when you've had your test, if it returns a positive result, you could say you waited in line so long you 've already isolated. :)

Waiting on a test.

Had a decent fever first night, then tired and dizzy feeling the next day.
Day after feel fine just little appetite.
Not sure if I’ve got it as it feels so minor and short lasting.

Hope to hear some stories from others.

Woke up crook on NYE went straight and got pcr had sore throat, head and body aches. Had two days of fever and aches and upset stomach. Third day taste and smell partial loss, but feeling better. Day four just headache, taste and smell returning. Day five had positive confirmation spent day working in garden, probably sweating more than usual but feeling fine, even had a few cans. Day 6 got call from DHHS. I am out tomorrow and only symptom that remains is a slight headache.

Zero cough or wheezing, no runny nose and throat has been fine apart from mild irritation on day one.

I have had 2 doses of Pfizer.

I just had my bout of Covid. The first night was horrible, really not fun.
I was isolating with my daughter who thankfully escaped symptoms. A week of being stuck inside wasn't easy for her.
I also had two close contacts (one person I was in a car with for 1.5 hours both ways to Mornington, another over for dinner) who didn't get it.
More worrying was my dad is immuno compromised who caught it from someone else (his wife's crack-pot work friend), triple-vaxxed so is doing ok.

I will get my booster very soon.

We’ve been self isolating since last Sunday.

Partner was positive to a rapid antigen late Sunday night. Got her PCR result late last night which was also positive. She has had a nasty flu like version but not needed to be hospitalised thankfully.

8yo daughter was very sick for 24hrs and then made an amazing recovery. She’s almost normal now.

3yo may be asymptomatic.

I have very mild symptoms but still waiting for my PCR result but I’m guessing it’s a positive. Edit:- PCR was negative but as feeling symptoms took a RAT & it’s positive.

As we are all isolating and it’s hard keeping the kids away from Mum, sharing bathroom & toilets etc, haven’t bothered to use more RAT 🐀 tests.

Last edited:
We’ve been self isolating since last Sunday.

Partner was positive to a rapid antigen late Sunday night. Got her PCR result late last night which was also positive. She has had a nasty flu like version but not needed to be hospitalised thankfully.

8yo daughter was very sick for 24hrs and then made an amazing recovery. She’s almost normal now.

3yo may he asymptomatic.

I have very mild symptoms but still swing my PCR result but I’m guessing it’s a positive.

As we are all isolating and it’s hard keeping the kids away from Mum, sharing bathroom & toilets etc, haven’t bothered to use more RAT 🐀 tests.
From yours and others' anecdotes about families getting it, the kids seem to recover the quickest.

Woke up a bit rough this morning (phlegm in the throat, headache) and went and got a test, positive. You can get the RATs from the testing sites now so got my result straight away.

My son is on his way back from the beach with the missus, he's been throwing up in the car, didn't eat lunch which is completely out of character, so assuming he'll have it as well.

Fingers crossed it doesn't get any worse, good luck to anyone else who has it

my ex has had it last week, was sick for about 4-5 days. im hoping she didnt pass it onto the boys who were with me for a few days while she was going thru it (they were with her before she showed any symptoms so hopefully she didnt have it then).
she is better now and they are back with her, so now i wait...as does my immuno compromised gf with cancer

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Day 2, maybe I feel slightly worse but I don't have the aches or anything yet, slight chills but really it's like a cold at this point. It actually reminds me of when I got sick in China about 7 years ago, I was a lot worse than I am now but similar symptoms.

Scratchy throat last Friday progressed to mild flu like symptoms by Sunday. Finally got my hands on a RAT and tested positive. Monday was probably worst day (tired, horrible cough and sore throat, lethargic and then night sweats and vomiting) been on a slow improve since then but still a long way off 100%.
I suspect that because we’ve all been anticipating this would be REALLY bad we’re underselling it to a degree (I know I have been).
Biggest positive is my 6 month old tested positive but seems to be absolutely fine.

Scratchy throat last Friday progressed to mild flu like symptoms by Sunday. Finally got my hands on a RAT and tested positive. Monday was probably worst day (tired, horrible cough and sore throat, lethargic and then night sweats and vomiting) been on a slow improve since then but still a long way off 100%.
I suspect that because we’ve all been anticipating this would be REALLY bad we’re underselling it to a degree (I know I have been).
Biggest positive is my 6 month old tested positive but seems to be absolutely fine.

All the best to you, sounds like you're at least on the improve, and glad your baby appears to be ok.

My sore throat and cough are basically gone, still slight headache and sweats and lacking energy a bit but I feel about 80%, touch wood I hope it continues.

All the best to you, sounds like you're at least on the improve, and glad your baby appears to be ok.

My sore throat and cough are basically gone, still slight headache and sweats and lacking energy a bit but I feel about 80%, touch wood I hope it continues.
Cheers mate, bub has been the main concern although we seem to think he likely had it first (we took him to the Docs on new years day with a rash and just being a bit grizzly so very mild) and since then weve been told the rash can be a COVID symptom. Him being pretty much fine whilst weve been laid up has been very lucky.

Wife and i are both actually a fair bit better again this morning, seems we will be back to normal by Sunday (which is our isolation period anyway) except for maybe the cough.

My wife started feeling symptoms Sunday, took a test Monday which was negative. Started feeling worse Tuesday so she took another test which come up positive. Tuesday and Wednesday she was basically bed ridden with nausea, hot flushes, lack of energy etc. She is a fair bit better today but still a lack of energy. Myself and the 3 kids have so far not had any symptoms. I tested negative on Tuesday when she tested positive.

Cheers mate, bub has been the main concern although we seem to think he likely had it first (we took him to the Docs on new years day with a rash and just being a bit grizzly so very mild) and since then weve been told the rash can be a COVID symptom. Him being pretty much fine whilst weve been laid up has been very lucky.

There's a big covid support group on facebook I was scanning last night and while there aren't a real lot of posts about children, there's quite a few posts discussing the covid rash.

Mostly this group is comprised of people out of the US and the UK, some of their experiences in the first waves were terrible so I wouldn't recommend anybody actually go in there, it's a bit depressing but it gave me more confidence that the really hard measures we took early in were the right ones.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back