Your current backlog

Aug 24, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
T'Wolves/Patrick Beverley/Footscray
Tentative backlog off the top of my head. I've not included about 50 games that realistically I'm just not going to play. Most of these will probably end up in that category too. :(

To Play
Far Cry 5
God of War
South Park the Fractured But Whole
Spyro 2 Remastered
Spyro 3 Remastered
Spider-Man
Okami HD
Life is Strange: Before the Storm
Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice
Resident Evil 7
BioShock: the Collection

To Buy
Red Dead Redemption 2
Ni No Kuni II
Assassin's Creed Odyssey
Detroit: Become Human

Recently Finished
Soulcalibur VI (brilliant)
Danganronpa V3 (solid)

Currently Playing
Spyro Remastered
Ark

Greendogg5

Club Legend
Jun 1, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Borussia Dortmund, Utah Jazz
To Play
Kingdom Hearts 2
South Park Fractured but Whole

To Buy
Tales of Vesperia (Definitive Edition)
Kingdom Hearts 3 (comes out in a few days)

Recently Finished
Valkyria Chronicles 4
Red Dead Redemption 2

Currently Playing
Smash Bros Ultimate (Switch)
The Messenger (Switch)
FIFA 19 (PS4)
Tales of Berseria (PS4)
Transistor (PS4)

To Play
Assassins Creed Odyssey
Battlefield V
Horizon Zero Dawn
Far Cry 5 DLC
Shadow of the Tomb Raider
ARK
Metal Gear Phantom Pain
Dying Light The Following
(Still so much more than won't even come to my head at the moment. I hoard/buy on sale and then sit on them for ages)

To Buy
PUBG
Resident Evil 2
Far Cry New Dawn
Metro Exodus

Recently Finished
Assassins Creed Origins
Rise of The Tomb Raider

Currently Playing
The Forest (PS4)
FIFA 19 (PS4)
Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS4)
Metro Last Light (PS4)

MiPiG

Debutant
Dec 31, 2018
Somewhere near Cologne, Germany
AFL Club
Fremantle
I have almost 500 games so as you can imagine my backlog is ridiculous. I was collecting for the PS3 last year and got almost 300 titles for it, but I've grown bored of collecting now. Still it means I have heaps to play. Have about 100 PS4 games too, slowly working my way through. I've been at home for 4 months on sick leave, so I've got loads of time. In this time I've played though - Super Mario Land, Ashes 2017, Dark Souls remastered, Lollipop Chainsaw, Wolfenstein 2, Far Cry 5, Vampyr and am about 30 hours in Kingdom Come. When thats finished I have Dragon Builders Quest, Aven Colony and South Park (2nd one, forget its name) still to play from Christmas. But all up, I probably have about 300 games I havent finished.

Aug 24, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tentative backlog off the top of my head. I've not included about 50 games that realistically I'm just not going to play. Most of these will probably end up in that category too. :(

To Play
Far Cry 5
God of War
Spyro 2 Remastered
Spyro 3 Remastered
Spider-Man
Okami HD
Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice
Resident Evil 7

To Buy
Red Dead Redemption 2
Ni No Kuni II
Assassin's Creed Odyssey

Recently Finished
Soulcalibur VI (brilliant)
Danganronpa V3 (solid)

Currently Playing
Spyro Remastered
Ark
Making some great progress for a change. Spyro trilogy done and platinumed, God of War done and platinumed, and getting through Spider-Man. Think Life is Strange prequel will be up next. Should add Devil May Cry 5 and Resident Evil 2 to the 'To Buy' list though.

Making some great progress for a change. Spyro trilogy done and platinumed, God of War done and platinumed, and getting through Spider-Man. Think Life is Strange prequel will be up next. Should add Devil May Cry 5 and Resident Evil 2 to the 'To Buy' list though.
I flew through Spiderman a month or two ago. It was an addictive and bloody good game.

Now I'm playing GOW but I am slugging through it.

Tombraider and Assassins Creed still to go

Greendogg5

Club Legend
Jun 1, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Borussia Dortmund, Utah Jazz
To Play
Kingdom Hearts 2

To Buy
Tales of Vesperia (Definitive Edition)
Kingdom Hearts 3 (comes out in a few days)

Recently Finished
Valkyria Chronicles 4
Red Dead Redemption 2

Currently Playing
The Messenger (Switch)
FIFA 19 (PS4)
Tales of Berseria (PS4)
Transistor (PS4)

To Play/Buy
Cuphead (Switch)
Some more Final Fantasy Titles :)

Recently Finished
Transistor
Kingdom Hearts 3
Tales of Berseria
The Messenger

Currently Playing
Final Fantasy 15 (PS4) - almost finished
FIFA 19 (PS4)

Aug 24, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
To Play
Far Cry 5
Okami HD
Resident Evil 7

To Buy
Red Dead Redemption 2
Ni No Kuni II
Assassin's Creed Odyssey
Devil May Cry 5
Resident Evil 2

Recently Finished
Spyro 2 Remastered (plat)
Spyro 3 Remastered (plat)
God of War (plat)
Spider-Man (plat)
Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice (plat)

A bit torn over what to play next. Still tossing up.

Feb 19, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I plan to replay Valkyria Chronicles 2 and 3 someday but for those I haven't finished...

Zelda BotW (... I know)
Cave Story
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Torna
Tales of Vesperia
Bayonetta 1 and 2 (but they are so exhausting to play)
Banner Saga Trilogy
Fairune Collection
Shantae Half Genie Collection
Yooka Laylee
Dust An Elysian Tail

To name a few...

nameless

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 17, 2006
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
Definitely need to play
God of War
Spiderman
Nier: Automata

Sekiro
Dead Cells

If I can find the time
Final Fantasy X
Smash Bros
Cup Head
Phoenix Wright
Steins;Gate
Trails of Cold Steel
Bayonetta 2
Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze
Wargroove
Undertale
Frostpunk
Thimbleweed Park

Return of the Obra Dinn
Baba is You
Pyre
Slay The Spire

Classics I've always wanted to finish
Final Fantasy VII
Metal Gear Solid (whole series)
Mario Galaxy 1 & 2
Zelda: Twilight Princess
Zelda: Skyward Sword

A few big hitters that I need to play, mainly from PS4.
Then it's most indies that I need to get through when I find time, willing to test some visual novels which I've never done before, see if that genre is interesting...

A lot of these games I may have played a little of, but just have been distracted by something else.

Metal Gear Solid is a series I want to replay properly to completion as played bits and pieces and can't really remember what's going on.

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2006
POLICE STATE
AFL Club
Collingwood
I've slowly been trucking through my backlog from circa 2009 to 2013. Some thoughts about the 2009/10 games:

Flower - I recall this game being somewhat divisive on this board when it came out - I really liked it!
Street Fighter IV - "Looks like it's time to oil up!"
Killzone 2 - I tried to like it but everything about it annoyed me. Too much dude bro. Noped out after about 2 hours.
Halo Wars - I really enjoyed it. I was sceptical about an RTS with a controller but I found it quite intuitive.
Resident Evil 5 - Another game I remember being divisive. I enjoyed it. Hated the dudes with the gatling guns. Battle with Wesker in the Volcano was :kissingheart:
Punch-Out!! - Awesome game. Couldn't be bothered getting good enough to finish the Title Defense mode but still - loved it!
Infamous - I beat this game about two years ago but still can't remember much about it. It was fine I guess.
Red Faction: Guerrilla - Such a dumb, fun game. The missions were fine - fairly unmemorable - but the open world and destructibility was the highlight. God bless this stupid game.
Trine - Fairly unmemorable story. I enjoyed the puzzles and the gameplay though.
Shadow Complex - Loved it. Addictive as hell. Will definitely replay one day.
Halo 3: ODST - I dunno whether the hype about this game got the better of me - but I kinda thought this was a bit dull. I thought the style was cool but the jumping back and forth storytelling was jarring and I mostly just didn't care about any of the characters. The "open world" seems pretty aimless as well. I remember people saying this was better than Halo 3 - but I loved Halo 3 and this was a bit meh.
Bayonetta - Not really part of the backlog 'cause I beat it when it came out but this game is still amazing. So good.
Bioshock 2 - I remember this game getting a bad rep when it came out. I really enjoyed it. It is very much Bioshock 1.5 - but still great. I loved the Minerva’s Den DLC as well.
Heavy Rain - Another game that I remember being divisive. It's kind of a corny mess but I loved it. The characters are weirdly endearing. There are plot holes all over the place but if you can just ignore them - it's a hell of a ride.
Deadly Premonition - Speaking of corny messes... I hated the gameplay but what a stupidly endearing game. The characters, setting and story were fantastic. So many memorable scenes that had me literally pissing myself laughing. I'd never play it again but would rewatch a youtube playthrough.
God of War III - Fairly standard fare for a God of War game. It felt a bit uneven in parts. Amazing set pieces and the Hades boss fight was fantastic. The ability to punch Zeus forever in the final QTE is my kinda stupid.
Just Cause 2 - The plot was fairly dull and the missions were unimaginative but moving around in the open world was so much fun. Loved it.
Alan Wake - I really enjoyed the first few chapters - the setting, story and gameplay - but I think the plot gets a bit too convoluted and the gameplay a bit repetitive that it kinda lost me towards the end. I did love the Rock Concert scene and the Night Springs in-game tv show.
Super Mario Galaxy 2 - Dunno why I had this on the backlog for so long. Amazing game. More fleshed out and focused than the first Mario Galaxy. Very addictive - couldn't put it down. Probably my third favourite Mario game behind 64 and SMB3.
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker - I feel like MGS fans don't like this game? I loved it. The characters and setting were fantastic. I learnt a weird amount about Costa Rica through the codecs. The story was appropriately dumb yet thought-provoking for a MGS game. That said - the plot falls off a cliff towards the end. The Zadornov search missions have to be one of worst examples of end-game padding I can recall.
Singularity - Found this boring and frustrating. Noped out after about an hour.
Sin & Punishment: Star Successor - One of the best rail shooters I've ever played. Can't remember a thing about the plot - but that's not the point. Great game!
Limbo - Great style and great puzzles. Really enjoyed it.
Metroid: Other M - I remember this game being s**t on quite a bit when it came out. The cutscenes and story are bad but I really enjoyed the gameplay. The bosses were great as well. The only frustrating part was that sometimes the game would enter first-person view at random times - might have been an issue with my wiimote.
Halo: Reach - I enjoyed this much more than ODST. A better more fleshed out story. The missions and gameplay were a lot of fun.
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - I only played it about a year ago - but can't remember much about it. It was fine. Decent GOW clone - great set pieces etc. The twist at the end was neat.
Fallout: New Vegas - What an amazing game. I think there are very few games that match the sense of world building that this game achieves. Incredible open world. Some of the questlines are incredibly dark and just utterly transfixing. The characters were very memorable. So many highlights from this game but probably my favourite was when I first visited Caesar and expected him to just be some typical evil villain dude. What I got instead was an incredibly deep and fascinating discussion about the nature of man, the failings of democracy and the old world vs the new world (there was even a discussion about the Hegelian dialectics!). The DLC was great as well. That said - the ending to the main campaign a bit meh and I was pretty done with the gameplay after 50+ hours. Also - although there were no game-breaking bugs - I had to endure a crash once every hour or so. If ever there is a game that is due for a remake - I think this would be it. Ring-a-ding-ding baby!
Vanquish - Such a fun game - loved the gameplay.
Kirby's Epic Yarn - Fell asleep whilst playing it twice. Noped out after the second time.
God of War: Ghost of Sparta - I don't know why I played this and cannot remember a single thing about it.
Call of Duty: Black Ops - Great game - even though it jumped around a bit - I loved the plot and the settings. Great gameplay as well.

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
LA Lakers,Chelsea F.C.
Definitely need to play
God of War
Spiderman
Nier: Automata

Sekiro
Dead Cells

If I can find the time
Final Fantasy X
Smash Bros
Cup Head
Phoenix Wright
Steins;Gate
Trails of Cold Steel
Bayonetta 2
Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze
Wargroove
Undertale
Frostpunk

Thimbleweed Park
Return of the Obra Dinn
Baba is You
Pyre
Slay The Spire

Classics I've always wanted to finish
Final Fantasy VII
Metal Gear Solid (whole series)
Mario Galaxy 1 & 2
Zelda: Twilight Princess
Zelda: Skyward Sword

A few big hitters that I need to play, mainly from PS4.
Then it's most indies that I need to get through when I find time, willing to test some visual novels which I've never done before, see if that genre is interesting...

A lot of these games I may have played a little of, but just have been distracted by something else.

Metal Gear Solid is a series I want to replay properly to completion as played bits and pieces and can't really remember what's going on.
I have really wanted to play Mario Galaxy butt i only have a first edition wii.

And thoughts on Sekiro, i feel as though it was incredibly underwhelming.
Typically dont play Souls games, maybe that has something to do with it aswelll.

Aug 24, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Some minor progress offset by some additions as usual. :drunk:

Currently Playing
The Pillars of the Earth
Borderlands 3
Crash Team Racing

To Play
Far Cry 5
Okami HD
Resident Evil 7
Assassin's Creed Odyssey
The Talos Principle
Forgotton Anne
Tacoma
Rise of the Tomb Raider
The Spectrum Retreat

To Buy
Red Dead Redemption 2
Ni No Kuni II
Resident Evil 2
AI: the Somnium Files
Life is Strange 2
A Plague Tale: Innocence
Control
Man of Medan
Night in the Woods
Kingdom Hearts III
The Sinking City
Catherine: Full Body
Thimbleweed Park
The Sexy Brutale
Celeste
A Way Out
The Missing: J.J. Macfield and the Island of Memories
Return of the Obra Dinn
Outer Wilds
Concrete Genie
The Bradwell Conspiracy

Recently Finished
Devil May Cry V
South Park the Fractured But Whole (plat)
Brothers: a Tale of Two Sons
Thronebreaker: the Witcher Tales (plat)

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
So with a bit more time to play recently I've coupled some big games (e.g. RDR2) with a whole bunch of smaller ones to avoid burnout. The problem is I've also been afforded more time to look around and find games that I'd missed from my list. :drunk:

Still, it's looking ok. I'm getting through it at a better rate than I have for a long time. Not fully decided which direction I'll go in after I'm done with my current list.

Currently Playing
Control
Gris

To Play
Resident Evil 2
(Far Cry 5)

To Buy
Final Fantasy VII
Need for Speed Heat
Jedi Fallen Order
Ni No Kuni II
Ghost of Tsushima
Death Stranding
Life is Strange 2
Crash Bandicoot 4
Mafia: Definitive Edition
DISTRAINT 2
Phoenix Wright Trilogy
Hades
Murder by Numbers
Aviary Attorney
Astral Chain
Octopath Traveller
Bayonetta
Bayonetta 2
Dragon Quest XI
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Pokemon Shield expansions
Paradise Killer
Disco Elysium
Man of Medan
Night in the Woods
Catherine: Full Body
Thimbleweed Park
The Sexy Brutale
Kentucky Route Zero
Celeste
The Missing: J.J. Macfield and the Island of Memories
Return of the Obra Dinn
Outer Wilds
Ori and the Blind Forest
Ori and the Will of the Wisps
Tell Me Why

Recently Finished
The Last of Us 2 (plat) - not as good as the first with some misses, but still a great game
BioShock 2 (plat) - highly enjoyed
BioShock Infinite - excellent story, great end to the trilogy
Red Dead Redemption 2 - so slow, but an incredible and relaxing experience. I wish the 100%/trophy requirements weren't just dull tedium, have no desire to do them
One Night Stand (plat) - interesting little game but wish it did a little bit more
Blackwood Crossing (plat) - the surprise emotional hit of the lot; really fantastic storytelling but a host of technical issues
Concrete Genie (plat) - absolutely astonishing game; so beautiful with a nice, unexpected shift of gameplay
MediEvil (plat) - hit me right in the nostalgia. A solid remake without being spectacular; did find that the humour still stuck though which I wasn't expecting
The Little Acre (plat) - suuuuper short but nice little point and click. Nothing overly fancy. Did enjoy a nod to Broken Sword in the trophies though
The ABC Murders (might come back for the plat) - not great but I'm a sucker for these detective games so I was engaged enough. Obviously propped up by the Agatha Christie inspiration
DISTRAINT (plat) - hadn't really heard of this but I had fun with it as a spooky, narrative-focused, side-scrolling point and click

Sep 18, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Man United, San Antonio Spurs
I just added the MAFIA: Definitive edition trilogy to my backlog, never played the first one and am really enjoying the story of it.

Currently playing that along with Tony Hawk, Marvel Avengers, Ghost of Tsushima, Days Gone and occasionally jumping on Red Dead 2 continuing my second playthrough.

Apr 10, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Haven't gamed for years and only just decided to get back into it and I'm currently waiting for my PS5.

My backlog is:
Batman: Arkham Knight
Days Gone
Horizon Zero Dawn
Red Dead Redemption 2

Games I will play that aren't out yet:
Cyberpunk 2077
Gotham Knights
Hogwarts Legacy
Horizon Forbidden West
Suicide Squad: Kill The Justice League

Other games I'll consider if I can find time:
Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart
Last of Us (1&2)
Bloodborne
Witcher 3

Benno111

Debutant
Nov 1, 2020
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
Tales of Symphonia
Tales of Zestiria
Tales of Berseria (Currently playing)
Tales of Vesperia
Arcanum
Baldur's Gate
Baldur's Gate 2
Icewind Dale
Chrono Trigger
Dragons Dogma
Titan Quest
Grim Dawn
Pokemon Sword/Shield (when I get around to buying one of them)
Pokemon Let's Go: Pikachu (Currently playing)
Dragon Age Origins
Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the white witch
Divinity Original Sin
Pillars of Eternity
Pokemon Silver Nuzlocke (That I started then stopped)
Batman Arkham Asylum
Batman Arkham City
Batman Arkham Origins
Pokemon Alpha Sapphire
Yakuza 0*
Yakuza Kiwami*
Persona 5*
bloodborne*
Wasteland 2
Pyre
Final Fantasy IX
Ghost of Tsushima*
The Outer Worlds (Currently playing)

*I have to wait for my brother to finish Ghost of Tsushima because it's his ps4 so these games will have to wait until then.

Last edited:
Back