Your decade

In chronological order beginning 2010; Turned 30, Geelong premiership, (mutually) ended my LTR, went overseas US and Europe, moved campuses, death of my yia yia, (shock) death of my uncle, moved house, bought an apartment, moved into apartment, went on LSL (All of Term 3) moved back to my old campus, the end.

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2013
Locker #5
AFL Club
Carlton
Hmmm
Got my licence
First real love
First real heartbreak
Got my first passport and went to the States
Changed careers
Moved outta home
Moved back home
Met my (now) husband
Moved outta home again
Changed employer and got the job I’d been working towards for five years
Got married
Had a baby
Bought a house
Had another baby

Perth gal

Premiership Player
Oct 19, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
I moved house into a unit, then moved into my current house. Am going to move again soon. In terms of jobs I left a long term job in 2016 as a result of bullying and into my current job and I’m much happier , I just got my permanency. Relationship wise a big fat nothing , liked a couple of people but they didn’t feel the same way. My son has now finished high school . I’ve lost weight and bought a new car. Travelled overseas to Europe in 2014 with my son . Went to Gold Coast in 2013 and Melbourne in 2010, 2013 , 2016 and just been now for Xmas. That’s me. Oh I started attending my church in 2016 and started to help run a women’s group last year. That’s me.

Pretty decent.
2010 - Left a job that was making me depressed and miserable. Somehow stumbled into my current job that I love a month later.
2010 - Married
2012 - Eurotrip
2012 - Bought our house
2016 - Had our first child
2019 - Wife is 40 weeks and 2 days pregnant right now. Would be a great finish to the decade to complete our family.

Fabab

Premiership Player
May 2, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
2010 went back to Scotland to surprise my mum for her 80th birthday.
2012 went to Cambodia on holiday,loved it.
2014 hurt my back at work ,mum passed away I couldn’t get back for funeral,depression hit me.
2015 wife wanted to be in New York for her birthday so we were,also went to New Orleans,Memphis,san Francisco,Hong Kong . Twice got upgraded on flights.
2018 ruptured my bicep and tore two tendons in my shoulder at work,operation and then developed frozen shoulder 9 months off work and three cortisone injections
2019 rehurt my back again at work now doing rehab .
Pretty crap decade.

Dav

Hotel? Trivago.
10k Posts Koala SFA State of Origin Coney Island Warriors - Sweet F.A. Pantskyle SFA Fight For MND SFA Daffodil Day Fund Raiser Brisbane Dolphins Player - BFFCL BFFCL Club Captain Blue Mountain Bounders Player - BFFCL
Jul 23, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Brighton, McLaren F1
The 2010s will always be the most formative years of my life by far, considering I was 10 at the turn of the last decade and am now 20. Pretty much my entire adolescence in this decade, from being a gifted but awkward school kid to forming my identity in high school to going off the rails after graduating. Still remember very well staying up past my bed time to be awake for 01/01/10.

Apr 2, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Changed careers. Became an uncle. Joined Big Footy. Went overseas a few times. Switched jobs. Moved twice. Hit and am running through my 30s. Pies premiership + 2 GFS + 2 PFs.
Been an interesting decade. A lot has happened that's changed my perspective on things. Improved in some ways gone backwards in others. 20s will be an interesting decade

Sep 28, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Reading FC
Pretty good overall

Met my partner and got married.
Went back to uni, finished a degree and successfully moved into another career.
Travelled overseas a few times.

There were a few down periods with a few deaths in the family and some dramas but it cant be all smooth sailing.

Jul 16, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Fighting Furies
Started my first job in retail
Graduated HS
Got my learners
Lost learners after “failing” a medical test
Started uni
Graduated uni
Travelled Thailand
Got into a relationship
Became an uncle to 6 boys, 1 girl
Experienced grief for the first time in my life
Left retail
Got my first full time job
Travelled Europe

Not too bad

Apr 10, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
- Finished school
- Started working
- Got my learners (very late but I'll get my license very early in the new decade. My test is booked for the 5th of Feb)
- Went to China, Thailand and USA.
- Turned 18
- Turned 21
- Started going to concerts and have seen almost all of my favourite bands.
- Went to my first festival

Thegibbsgamble

I beg to meg
Oct 28, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
I don't know where to phuqung start.

2010 former close friend died
2011 close friend hooked up with psycho bitch and into alienation.
2012 dog of 12 years died.
2013 father died
2014 best mate died.
2015 fell in mutual love with someone I need run away from.
2016 close friend died
2017 some bad people did some bad s**t
2018 had the most awesome job and met the most awesome people.Then got a broken heart
2019 was full of drama sex travel intrigue skeletons romance supernatural action truth

In between a few attempts on my life and some fings many would never understand. In between that some study in some fings and in between that a few heroes shattered. And in between that see a few troofs become public.

happy new year everyone!

Started off the decade by turning 30. Retired from cricket after 22 seasons. Moved to Melbourne which was a lifelong dream for some reason. Broke up with my exwife, met loz who even after 3 years i'm still smitten with. Started down a new career path last year. Travelled overseas, went to Disneyland, saw the grand canyon. Reached rock bottom in 2016 when I tried to throw myself off the bolte but thankfully couldn't go through with it. I'm now as happy and content with my life as I've ever been

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
It was a great decade for me.

2010/11 I built and maintained friendships I still have today - two mates who were my groomsmen.
2012 - Went to Europe
2013 - Saw Bruce 5 times (dream come true), went to Europe again
2014 - Saw Bruce another 5 times, went to NZ, met my now wife
2015 - Got my first "proper job"
2016 - Bought an apartment
2017 - Moved out of home and in with my now wife. Bought a new car. Proposed. Went to New York.
2018 - Got a promotion at work, and worked bloody hard for it. Saw a heap of friends get married
2019 - Got married, changed jobs - twice - went to the US on my honeymoon, bought house and land. Found out my dad has terminal cancer.

Pretty solid decade really. I'd give it a 9.5/10.

Apr 6, 2005
La Côte d'Azur
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton FC
Started the decade in a share house on the Gold Coast with mates where one of those mates were for months keeping the rent we were paying, so one day the owner rocks up and asks what we are doing there. He'd given 'our mate' an eviction notice weeks before.

Ended the decade married, living overseas, travelled to 25 different countries, owning 2 properties in the South of France and 2 Richmond premierships.

Top decade, would do it all again.

Hawk Dork

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Zombie Lover BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 9, 2005
on the road to nowhere
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawks
Travelled a bit,didnt travel a lot more that was good too
Grew some nice veg and fruit
Enjoyed the footy most of the time
Drank some nice wine, ate some good food, had some great conversations,saw some good films,met some nice people, saw some nice places.
Avoided arseholes for most of the decade
and Smiled through 99% of it

I give it 9.9 out of 10

Ready for the next adventure

Bomberboyokay

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Started the decade in a share house on the Gold Coast with mates where one of those mates were for months keeping the rent we were paying, so one day the owner rocks up and asks what we are doing there. He'd given 'our mate' an eviction notice weeks before.

What happened to him and the money?

Apr 6, 2005
La Côte d'Azur
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton FC
What happened to him and the money?
Well he was hiding from us the eviction notice obviously, and was trying to get the cash. The night before the owner turned up on our door he got drunk(with money we had leant him) and tried to rob a taxi, who proceeded to fight with him and eventually ran over his thigh, breaking his leg and needing skin grafts from his ass as he had, along with his broken leg, tyre imprints on his thigh.

Eventually the owner didn't hold me and the other mate responsible but took broken leg mate to court who did eventually pay the money. Last I heard of him, around 2014 was he was living in Lismore and had a kid with a woman he picked up when selling stuff over the phone.

Back