Your dream 11.

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
Just like the all australian team. Whos the best of the best.

Anwaar (PAK)
Dravid (IND)
Tendulkar (IND)
Lara (WI)
S. Waugh (AUS)
A. Flower (ZIM)
Gilchrist (AUS)
Warne (AUS)
Kluesner (SA)
Donald (SA)
McGrath (AUS)

Just off the top of my head.

Thoughts?

------------------
I can handle the fighting, its the affection i cant stand and i dont mind us talking just dont try to touch my hand.

That's a pretty good representation of the current cream of world cricket, but I think Lance Klusener might be a tad insulted if he were sent in to bat below Shane Warne!
I was surprised you made no mention of Shaun Pollock, easily the best all-rounder in the world today (daylight between him and the rest, Chris Cairns and Lance Klusener are the on;y other two worth noting).
On current form, I'd take Lara out of your line-up and slot Pollock in at 7. But based on entertainment, I'd retain Lara and drop Dead-bat Dravid.

My ideal XI to go and watch, purely on an entertainment basis, would be:

Sanath Jayasuriya
Saeed Anwar
Wavell Hinds
Brian Lara
Sachin Tendulkar
Darren Lehmann
Adam Gilchrist
Lance Klusener
Wasim Akram
Brett Lee
Alan Mullally (couldn't help myself, I love watching this clown trying to bat)

Originally posted by Darky:
My ideal XI to go and watch, purely on an entertainment basis, would be:

Sanath Jayasuriya
Saeed Anwar
Wavell Hinds
Brian Lara
Sachin Tendulkar
Darren Lehmann
Adam Gilchrist
Lance Klusener
Wasim Akram
Brett Lee
Alan Mullally (couldn't help myself, I love watching this clown trying to bat)

Darky, Wavell Hinds? Hed be entertaining if you could guarantee hed still be in after 10 minutes!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by BUBBALOUIS:
Darky, Wavell Hinds? Hed be entertaining if you could guarantee hed still be in after 10 minutes!!!!!!!!

Ah yes, but what a ten minutes it would be!
smile.gif

Test XI:
Saeed Anwar
Michael Slater
Brian Lara
Sachin Tendulkar
Steve Waugh
Ricky Ponting
Adam Gilchrist
Shaun Pollock
Brett Lee
Muttiah Murulitharan
Glenn McGrath
Collin Miller - 12th man

A predominately auzzie side, but thats why theyre undoubtebbly the best.

------------------
Go to Footy Tips and join the Big Footy tipping competition. For Information on how to join, just ask.

visit the Easts Cricket Club

A must for anybody into statistics - http://cromulent.freehosting.net/

Hmmm...tricky
but ill give it a shot.

S.Anwar
S.Jayasuriya
B.Lara
S.Tendulkar (vc)
S.Waugh (c)
L.Kluesnar
A.Gilchrist
S.Pollock
A.Donald
M.Mutiliterian
G.McGrath

Wouldn't want to mess with them!!

------------------
"Collingwood forever"

how jod23 who would keep A.Flower or Gilchrist???
I would have
Anwar
A. Campbell
Jayasuria
Lara
Tendulka (vc)
S.Waugh (c)
Gilchrist (k)
Klusner
Warne
Younis
McGrath
12th man Ponting (for his fielding)

Gilchrist would keep. Flower is there for his batting. A lot of you are putting in Murulitharan as your spinner ahead of Warne?
Why?

------------------
I can handle the fighting, its the affection i cant stand and i dont mind us talking just dont try to touch my hand.

Some of these guys pick thmselves. I'd say no team is complete without Lara, Tendulkar, Gilchrist, Steve Waugh (what better captain is there?) and McGrath.

That leaves six spots - two openers, one middle order batsman, a spinner (and the only candidates are Warne and Murali) plus two fast bowlers. I like Pollock - terrific bowler, handy batsman, big heart. Akhtar (if he's legal) can be frightening at his best (and I don't think we saw it last time he toured here) Ditto Waqar. But for mine it has to be Brett Lee. What a combination McGrath and Lee make. Especially with Lee's second spell efforts. Murali shades Warne, but only slightly. And that is a very debatable point.

I'd go with Andy Flower as the other middle order batsman. He stands out for Zimbabwe, and bats well against all opposition bowlers.

I don't think there are any great opening batsmen at present. Hayden may well be one (finally) but I don't rate Slater. I'd have Jayasuriya. For the other, take your choice between Anwar and Atherton. I guess Anwar might be a little steadier, but there's not a lot in it. I think in the future these spots will be raffled between Das, Ramesh and Trescothick. But not yet. So:

Jayasuriya (SL)
Anwar (Pak)
Lara (WI)
Tendulkar (Ind)
A Flower (Zim)
S Waugh (Aus)
Gilchrist (Aus)
Pollock (SA)
Lee (Aus)
Murailtharan (Sri)
McGrath (Aus)

The only players I regret not being able to include are Cairns, Boucher (may well prove the best keeper ever - at least in figures), Ponting and Donald.

Cm'on - Slats has got to be there ! It's just a shame that you can't include scores above 90 ( as opposed to those above 100 ), cause if you did, Stev and Slats would be right up there. Slats has actually won tests opening - getting lots of runs quickly - and still holds records for highest test scores at Perth and Hobart.

He's in !

Hey Jod,
because Mautaliterian has just reached 300 wickets and he has been getting about 7 wickets a test on average. Steve Waugh rated him as the toughest spinner he has faced.

------------------
"Collingwood forever"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Atherton is in very good form actually and i thoink the ashes will be pretty good later in the year.

Muraitlairrananraeliteran (stupid name) is very good im not debating that but not as good as Warne. Some of the stuff Warne does with a cricket ball still astound me, just like that rounds the legs to get Dravid a couple of days ago.

Warnes shoulders gone. you can see his bowling arm is a lot lower than 5 years ago. Thats the reason why his average has been over 30 for the last 3 calendar years.

Yeah, he bowled well against india. but even slater could turn a ball in india on that straw wicket.

------------------
Go to Footy Tips and join the Big Footy tipping competition. For Information on how to join, just ask.

visit the Easts Cricket Club

A must for anybody into statistics - http://cromulent.freehosting.net/

Remove this Banner Ad

Back