Home & Garden Your Dream Home

Remove this Banner Ad

I've never seen Pointless, what was the concept?
Kind of reverse Family Feud, they survey a group of people asking them to name Booker Prize Winners, or English Football captains, anything that has plenty of answers, and then the contestants have to come up with the answer that nobody or the least number of people got. It's good fun.

A two-storey Adelaide Tudor-style house with a smallish front garden and a small back garden - just for entertaining. Smallish living room as well - I don't like huge cavernous uninviting living areas. Should be situated in a nice suburb as well, no more than 30 minutes from my job, not too green and not too urban (Glenunga is my favourite suburb). Ducted air conditioning. Lots of garage space. Cream walls, soft carpets and decorated like a luxury hotel. Nice paintings on the walls for a sophisticated look. Plenty of lamps for mood lighting. Marble bathroom.

Last edited:
Kind of reverse Family Feud, they survey a group of people asking them to name Booker Prize Winners, or English Football captains, anything that has plenty of answers, and then the contestants have to come up with the answer that nobody or the least number of people got. It's good fun.

It's also produced one of the funniest answers I've seen on a game show.

Going to build ours in a couple of years.

Country-style facade with weatherboard look and subtle but pretty ornaments on the exterior.

Double story with four bedrooms (none sharing a wall with the master bedroom - kids don't wanna hear what happens in there...).

Generally open plan living and dining with kitchen, but a separate TV room.

Study / guest bedroom downstairs.

Large semi-open rear area for entertaining.

Plenty of windows for light.

Music room out the back.

Wife wants a pool (yeah we'll see about that...)

High ceilings and a construction style that doesn't just make every room a box without character.

Hello debt, my old friend...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wife is right get a pool.

And then invite me over :)
I'm told you can have saltwater pools or something like that and the upkeep is far less than normal chlorinated ones. Mrs ShanDog loves water and so does the little one. Probably a losing battle for me lol.

At least I'll get my own back with 30+ years of "I've come to clean ze pool" jokes.

I'm told you can have saltwater pools or something like that and the upkeep is far less than normal chlorinated ones. Mrs ShanDog loves water and so does the little one. Probably a losing battle for me lol.

At least I'll get my own back with 30+ years of "I've come to clean ze pool" jokes.

Iirc my aunty had half chlorine half salt water. Was very good. Good luck with the build hope it all goes well/smoothy/in budget/on time.

I reckon if you get at least 2/4 of those you are lucky ;)

700_0fbd33785ac393f41741addbbf8a9fa3.jpg

Well, if we're allowed to dream... I'll dream BIG!

A huge air-conditioned dome the size of a Bunnings store would be sort of an enclosed backyard. Inside the dome are little buildings arranged like a village which would be all the bedrooms, bathrooms, kitchens, dining, movie theater, study, library etc. In the dome would be a pool with waterslide, fountains, gardens, mini-golf, bowling alley and a massive bar with pool tables and such. The place would be filled with plants and have parrots and finches flying about inside.

I am currently content with my modest 3 bed home, but if you're asking dreams that is a different matter.

No one wants to live on a boat?

One of those private yachts Below Deck style would do me just fiiiiiiine.

I stayed in a hostel in Stockholm which was actually a boat on the harbour that they had converted into a hostel and they used the cabins for your rooms.

562b93188f3484588f4f94dd.jpg

It was a pretty cool experience but I don't think I'd like to live on a boat permanently, unless it was a big luxury style boat.

I stayed in a hostel in Stockholm which was actually a boat on the harbour that they had converted into a hostel and they used the cabins for your rooms.

562b93188f3484588f4f94dd.jpg

It was a pretty cool experience but I don't think I'd like to live on a boat permanently, unless it was a big luxury style boat.

Oh yeah totally- I've done the over night in a boat, in like one of those "coffin style" type bunk beds.

No thanks Jeff. While I did sleep well, one night was plenty in that situation.

No one wants to live on a boat?

One of those private yachts Below Deck style would do me just fiiiiiiine.

I've wanted to live on a boat since Miami Vice. I'd be a total bum though, it would never leave the marina and I'd stink the place up with unironed clothes, canned beer, and rock music playing from a portable tape player as scrub the deck and well to do people stroll past me throwing disapproving looks.

Sent from mTalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back