Your favourite 2023 Grand Final moments

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 7, 2009
Bull Creek WA
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Real Madrid, Man City, GS Warriors
My favourite Grand Final moment was Bobby Hill's 4 goals and that speccy in the 2nd quarter winning him the Norm Smith Medal. Also Nick to De Goey to set up that goal and Sidebottom's sealer in the last quarter plus Pendles' goal late in the 3rd quarter.

Nick, Pendles, Nick, JDG, goal.
This. Possibly my favourite Pies moment ever.

I'd been sitting quietly in my seat for most of the last quarter; a bundle of anxiety, particularly after they'd hit the front and flashbacks of all the past heartbreaks surfaced.

But when De Goey slotted that, I deadset nearly passed out from yelling so hard, and copped some dirty looks from the neutral corporates around me. That moment was sheer ecstasy. I'll never forget it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

honestly, its hard to pic, it was such an epic effort starting from training in 2021! I took my camera to that training, and to a lot of games in the last 2 seasons, here is a link to my grand final album, page 4. At the bottom is a 10 min video of the photos i have taken. it was originally 18 min long, but i had to remove about a third of the shots, and 2 videos to make it fit the standard size allowed!! cheers, enjoy

*full version but no music is on Instagram #joannecarolphotography

Last edited:
If I had to pick a single moment, it would be the entire sequence of events that led to the De Goey goal to put us back in front in the last

The frustrated anticipation of the 6-6-6 violation, which would turn out to be a blessing in disguise as Cox taps it and Nick collects and almost instantly shoots a tiny handball to Pendles (keen eyes will notice Nick immediately make his way towards 50) who hooks it on his left down inside 50. Checkers has it spoiled which drops into the arms of Nick who again almost instantaneously handballs with his left to De Goey right beside him (another who made his way down from the centre clearance) who simply bombs it from 49.

Incredible sequence in the context of a close Grand Final

The moments that will be etched in history for me & will never forget.....
JDG's QTR time bomb
Bobby Hill's mark
The Naicos run and slice through on the wing to set up Crispy's 2nd QTR after the siren goal.
The Sidey bomb in the last.
AND the play of the season started by Pendles in the centre to the Naicos lightning handball to JDG's goal........
The final siren..........🏆

This. Possibly my favourite Pies moment ever.

I'd been sitting quietly in my seat for most of the last quarter; a bundle of anxiety, particularly after they'd hit the front and flashbacks of all the past heartbreaks surfaced.

But when De Goey slotted that, I deadset nearly passed out from yelling so hard, and copped some dirty looks from the neutral corporates around me. That moment was sheer ecstasy. I'll never forget it.
The reason it is so special is we didn’t give Brisbane any chance to conserve their lead and slow the game down. Our midfielders caught theirs napping for 10 seconds and wretched the lead right back. Would have completely rattled them after fighting tooth and nail for 20 minutes for the first goal of the quarter.

Too many to name.

A few that stick out to me:
•Mihocek’s around the corner goal
•Crisp’s clutch goal on the pocket from 50
•De Goey’s goal on the quarter time siren
•Nick creating something out of nothing right before half-time which led to Crisp’s second goal
• Bobby *ing Hill
• Howe playing out the last quarter after Cameron cracked his ribs 5 mins into the last quarter and marking everything
•Pendles turning back the clock in the last quarter
• Cox - Nick - Pendles - Nick - De Goey
• Sidebottom’s 55m roost
• Nick’s clean gather at HB in the dying seconds and pulling the kick that finds WHE

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back