Your favourite and least favourite parts of round 1 (not from your team)

Remove this Banner Ad

So much saltiness :)

Bulldogs, Port, St Kilda and Melbourne also had some drugz people playing. In fact, they traded for them!

May the wins continue!

I think you'll find most people have a lot more respect for those players who requested trades because they most likely were not comfortable staying at a club that ran a full blown systematic doping program. It shows they have great morals.

Personally, if I was in their shoes, I would be so disgusted that there's absolutely no chance that I could stay at the club that deceived me and put me through hell. Unless of course I was complicit in the whole program.... Then it would make sense staying.....

I think you'll find most people have a lot more respect for those players who requested trades because they most likely were not comfortable staying at a club that ran a full blown systematic doping program. It shows they have great morals.

Personally, if I was in their shoes, I would be so disgusted that there's absolutely no chance that I could stay at the club that deceived me and put me through hell. Unless of course I was complicit in the whole program.... Then it would make sense staying.....
Blah blah blah.
They stayed. People who were responsible are no longer at the club, so it is an entirely different administration. If the people who conducted the regime were still at the club, then those players wouldn't have stayed.

People are only salty because they wanted everyone to leave and us to be cellar dwellers for 10+ years.

Enjoy our #comeback
#sobrave

Most of them left for higher $$$...

Blah blah blah.
They stayed. People who were responsible are no longer at the club, so it is an entirely different administration. If the people who conducted the regime were still at the club, then those players wouldn't have stayed.

People are only salty because they wanted everyone to leave and us to be cellar dwellers for 10+ years.

Enjoy our #comeback
#sobrave
Is that really what you think? I can't speak for anyone else but what Essendon put the game through thanks to doping was a joke. Then hearing about them travelling Europe last year while suspended as if it was some sort of feel good story in addition the predicted wankfest last night as well. The way the media pumps them up as victims in all this has been horrible in my view.

No, I don't care where Essendon finish on the ladder. But they should not be portrayed as some innocent victims in all this. Whatever sells papers, I guess.

I enjoyed seeing pro athletes so genuinely thrilled and happy to win a game. EFC players have served their time. I doubt they were wilfully and deliberately cheating so welcome back I guess.

Least favourite was the eye gouge by a Pies player - ordinary.

Is that really what you think? I can't speak for anyone else but what Essendon put the game through thanks to doping was a joke. Then hearing about them travelling Europe last year while suspended as if it was some sort of feel good story in addition the predicted wankfest last night as well. The way the media pumps them up as victims in all this has been horrible in my view.

No, I don't care where Essendon finish on the ladder. But they should not be portrayed as some innocent victims in all this. Whatever sells papers, I guess.
That administration is gone now and it is a cleanslate. Essendon supporters welcoming back Essendon players after the crap that was the last 4 years is hardly surprising.

And yes that is exactly what bigfooty people wanted. For us to be crap for 10+ years.

Cronulla had doping bans and people don't care. Even won a premiership.

Dusty dominating - phwoar

Least favourite is the new season brings new rule changes & their dumb consequences.
A small wingman raises his arm at a ball up and the umpire seriously interprets that as he's nominating himself as the ruckman. o_O:rolleyes::drunk:

pretty easy for me

Plusses
Essendon taking it to Hawthorn
Rough's return and goal

Not so good
Roo's injury

That administration is gone now and it is a cleanslate. Essendon supporters welcoming back Essendon players after the crap that was the last 4 years is hardly surprising.

And yes that is exactly what bigfooty people wanted. For us to be crap for 10+ years.

Cronulla had doping bans and people don't care. Even won a premiership.
Essendon supporters sure. The media as a whole? Spare me. Cronulla did the smart thing and took the early plea as well. For some reason people seem to find that a lot more tolerable than dragging things on for four years only to be proven wrong anyway.

Favorite
George Costanza kicking the first goal of the season - Richmond have finally found a good small forward
Brisbane getting a win in Chris Fagan's first game as coach
Another Mitchell will win Hawthorn's best & fairest
Sam Powell-Peppers debut game
Melbourne has some good midfield depth now
Brisbane's young defense standing up when they were challenged won them the game

Least Favorite

0/4 tips on Saturday
Basil Zemplis is an awful commentator
Clarkson playing Gunston and Sicily on the wing and in defense respectively. They kicked 81 goals between them last season and should've been used as forward marking targets instead of wasting away their talents like this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My favourite thing is Hawthorn supporters melting at "the new rules"

Not enough frees hey fellas?! :)

Essendon supporters sure. The media as a whole? Spare me. Cronulla did the smart thing and took the early plea as well. For some reason people seem to find that a lot more tolerable than dragging things on for four years only to be proven wrong anyway.
I don't care what the media say. How is that anything to do with Essendon or the players?

So we should have got a light penalty instead of the full penalty and people would be okay with that? LOL spare me.

If we took the deal, people would be melting at how we got off very easy. Don't give me the crap about "how Essendon acted" when bigfooty was already calling for blood the day it came to light.

Cronulla is a small club that just won their first premiership. They've been irrelevant. Essendon is a big club that was already hated before the saga. They have the most premiership. It's like South Sydney getting done for doping, except worse.

Least fave is Bombers winning, because it allowed the media to push this 'fairytale return' narrative, which is simply not deserved. If Essendon had lost this week, then won next week, we would have been spared the gushing bullshit and drawn more of a line under it all.

Fave would be Roughead's return.

I don't care what the media say. How is that anything to do with Essendon or the players?

So we should have got a light penalty instead of the full penalty and people would be okay with that? LOL spare me.

If we took the deal, people would be melting at how we got off very easy. Don't give me the crap about "how Essendon acted" when bigfooty was already calling for blood the day it came to light.

Cronulla is a small club that just won their first premiership. They've been irrelevant. Essendon is a big club that was already hated before the saga. They have the most premiership. It's like South Sydney getting done for doping, except worse.
Any chance to drop the premierships angle hey. What the players/supporters do is not my issue and I've never said as much, it's the media coverage I take issue with. Not sure why you're trying to argue any different when that is the exact argument I have been making all along?

Anyway it's done and dusted now. The players are confirmed drug cheats who could have had a softer penalty but the club decided to fight it and lost. These are just facts. I'm de-railing a good thread now so I'll stop but honestly, IMV the media have been ridiculous in all this with the way they have portrayed the storyline.

FFS can we not turn every f****** thread into shitposting re the drugs saga? It was years ago and it's over now. This thread is equally about positivity.

For mine, positives:
- Royghys return to Footy
- Bob Murphy's return
- Smiles for Bomber fans/players
- Young guns putting on a display (from various teams)

Negatives:
- Roo's knee

Liked:
North fans cheering Petrie
Roughead's return
Eddie Betts
High-scoring games all-round
Sam Powell-Pepper
Josh Kennedy (WCE)
Brisbane winning
Port Adelaide's overall game

Disliked:
Collingwood fans booing Cloke
Riewoldt's injury
Morris' injury
The deliberate out of bounds call on McDonald-Tipungwuti

Favourite - Essendon's win. It's over and the Bombers can just enjoy football now, and enjoy they did against the Hawks.

Disliked - still thinking about this. Nothing stood out. Roo's knee looked bad but reports are promising so....

Favourite- i thought overall the standard of umpiring was high, liked the crack down on illegal disposal and no head contact frees for player in possession initiated contact.

Dislike- a high percentage of the commentary is still of a shite standard.

Dusty dominating - phwoar

Least favourite is the new season brings new rule changes & their dumb consequences.
A small wingman raises his arm at a ball up and the umpire seriously interprets that as he's nominating himself as the ruckman. o_O:rolleyes::drunk:
To be fair, not that anyone wants to be, the umpire called about 4 times for the Hawks to nominate a ruckman, and the "small wingman" actually made body contact to the opposing ruckman to stop him getting to the ball. Free kick was harsh, but correct.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back