Your favourite bet type?

Remove this Banner Ad

I stick mainly to doubles/trebles (Qld Tab :rolleyes: )/extra doubles

would prefer quaddies if had local access to them

depending on the race and how I assess it trifectas and quinellas occasionally, but not often

or if a fancy of mine is in a race that doesn't meet any of the above criteria and is a longish price, i take win bets saving my stake only the place .... eg I got some mail about a horse called Tableau in Sydney on the weekend which was 20-1, so had 5 units win, 1 unit place - it naturally ran 4th

I point blank refuse to bet each way or place only

I haven't had an all-up in 8 years cause its crook what the tab does with the pools

Pigskin

Favorite form of punting for me would be the exotics.Trifecta Quinellas trebles and doubles.On my trot system i just have a small each way bet on all qualifiers.

Cheers

Boxed trifectas. $6.00 well spent

I work across the the road from a TAB and usually have one a day to keep things interesting.

Today its Coonabarabran race 4 #1,3,7

The force will be with me

Originally posted by Pigskin
I stick mainly to doubles/trebles (Qld Tab :rolleyes: )/extra doubles

would prefer quaddies if had local access to them

depending on the race and how I assess it trifectas and quinellas occasionally, but not often

or if a fancy of mine is in a race that doesn't meet any of the above criteria and is a longish price, i take win bets saving my stake only the place .... eg I got some mail about a horse called Tableau in Sydney on the weekend which was 20-1, so had 5 units win, 1 unit place - it naturally ran 4th

I point blank refuse to bet each way or place only

I haven't had an all-up in 8 years cause its crook what the tab does with the pools

Pigskin

Agree with just about everything you said, Pigskin.

I'm up in QLD also, and it's disappointing not to be able to have a crack at the Quaddie every now and again. I usually go for quinella's and trifecta's, and usually a small bet on the saturday treble in Melbourne.

I also absolutely 100% refuse to bet each-way, as I think it doesn't win you money in the long run. However, like Pigskin, I'd go a small place bet just to cover the cost of a large win bet. Other than covering the cost, I haven't bet each-way or place my whole life.

I very, very rarely bet straight out for the win, as I like to win large amounts irregularly, rather than small amounts regularly. Adds a bit more excitement I think. Betting small I like to go for roughies, and so unless it's over about $25-1, I wouldn't back it straight out.

I like Trifectas or Quaddies.

If there is a clear fave or horse i like i go stand out otherwise i may take 3 or 4 to win. For the places i normally go by jockey as i have my favs in that area as well.

Quaddies i prefer in Sydney as they tend to be a little easier.

jlc

I used to just do 50 cent box trifectas ($3) flat out now I just go $5 the win each race and $10 if its a big race. If Im at the track it can turn into much much more though especially if I have a win early and a beer can is in my hand.

I like to go one unit the win, three the place. Works out a lot better for me than each way does. Don't mind the trifs and quaddies from time to time. Exactas are good too, not a fan of quinellas at all.

I am a Quaddies only man refuse to take any other type of bet.I usually go one out one one leg three or four in another and try and load up two legs. Mylatest effort was a tad disappointing Kyneton Cup day took tow on first leg fav wins went wide in the cup get ten dollar chance up third fav in third leg and last leg have four runners going you guesssed it I got second third and fourth beaten a head in last stride by a horse with the same name as my wife!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back