Remove this Banner Ad

Hickmott SOS Harmes

Dean Sexton Mckay

Brown Diesel Blackwell

Hunter Sticks (C) Buzz

Sheldon Fev Eddie

Foll - Kreuzer Kouta Ratten

Bench - Simmo F.Murphy Bucks Judd

I could easily come up with a second team too, apologies to The Duke, Molly, Ashy, Doully, Ang, The Dominator and current guns Crippa & Doc and future faves in Charlie, Willo, Paddy, Samo and the Plow.

Couldn't fit Doull in that side?:openmouth:

Mid 70's onwards

Harmes ... Silvagni ... Swan McKay
Hunter ... Perovic ... Doull
Yarran ... Williams ... Rhys-Jones
Dominator ... Kernahan ... Jezza
Pickett ... Bosustow ... Percy

Wow ... Judd ... Buckley

Walls ... SPS ... Cripps ... Kruezer

Emerg : Stan Gilday (55) ... for you Stig

All time favorite : Sir Bruce Doull
Player id love to have been : Dominator
Current day favorites : Pickett/SPS

On 1st read i thought you'd slipped Tony Pickett into the side until i remembered Jarrod.
show_image.php

Arrived around the same time as Leigh McConnon ? If memory serves me correctly ?
Both wingers from Tassie , McConnon with the pace , Pickett a touch more class .

I vaguely remember Leigh McConnen. What i remember of him is that there is a slight probability that he got intimate with Kane Lucas' mother about 25 years ago or so.

I don't like to tell people what their preferences should be, but surely the only excuse for leaving out Doull or Jezza would be being too young to have seen them play (like me).

Never saw Brucey play live as I wasn't born yet so couldn't include him as per the rules I set at the top of the thread, but my old man, who landed in Melbourne at 8 years of age, said that Bruce was the man who drew him to the bluebaggers and the game in general. He said he just played with such ethereal grace and seemed to be on a different plane from every single other bloke on the field, just in control and somehow BETTER than them all. Imagine that today, a bloody half back being the one to compel an immigrant boy to fall in love with our great game and more importantly our great club. That's how good Doull was.

(Quietly hoping Weitering can be this kind of bloke as a backman, reckon if anyone can do it it's him)

Last edited:
Been watching the Blueboys since the late sixties so nearly coming up to 50 years :thumbsu::footy:
My dream team would be :

B: Harmes Southby V.Waite
HB: Doull Silvagni Hunter
C: Crane Williams Bradley
HF: Johnston Kernahan Jesaulenko
F: Crosswell Bosustow Koutafides
Foll: Nicholls Judd Ashman
Int: Sheldon D.McKay J.Buckley Fitzpatrick

Not sure any team could better the HF and HB lines.

Been watching since the early 2000s. Had some fun with this!

Backline Heath Scotland Michael Jamison Ang Christou
Half Back Sam Docherty Steven Silvagni Kade Simpson
Centre Craig Bradley Chris Judd Chris Yarran
Half Forward Andrew Walker Jarrad Waite Matthew Lappin
Full Forward Eddie Betts Brendan Fevola Jeffery Garlett
Followers Matthew Kruezer Anthony Koutoufides Patrick Cripps
Interchange Marc Murphy Bryce Gibbs Brett Ratten Andrew Carazzo
Emergancies Ed Curnow Lance Whitnall Mitch Robinson

(Log in to remove this ad.)

my memories are pretty clear from 1981

Harmes Silvagni Dean

A Mckay Doull Hunter

Kouta Diesel Glascott

Buzz Kernahan Johnston

Ashman Fevola Rhys Jones

Fitzpatrick Judd Bradley

I/C: Madden, Sheldon, Ratten, J Buckley

Would love to see that side run out every week - so many match winners

liked plenty of others i.e. McConville, Maclure, Marcou, Betts, Sexton, Christou, Simmo, Murphy & have vague memories of David Mckay (i think he retired in 1981) and Southby who seemed to get injured a bit when i started following. hopefully next time this is done cripps, curnow, sps, dow and co. can be included

Liked Soapy's team a lot, so tinkered with that template a little to reflect my starting to notice more from around the mid seventies.

B: English Silvagni Dean
HB: Doull Sexton Hunter
C: Glascott Williams Bradley
HF: Jezza Kernahan Johnston
F: Betts Fev Bosustow
Foll: Madden Kouta Ashman
Int: Rhys-Jones Ratten Harmes Sheldon
Emerg from: Cripps Southby F. Murphy Meldrum
Coach: Parkin

Put Fev in (to my surprise) coz the players around him would have made him better at 4 quarter effort. And just as surprised that I couldn't get Southby in - team balance in the backs. Injustice.

Wayne Blackwell for me was a gun. Underrated. Saw him play so many great games
Had his number on my jumper and a pair of his boots that I couldn’t quite fit into as a 15 year old, I considered lopping off some toes but thought better of it. He was a gun. I had Fraser Murphy on the pine too, he was the original spark plug off the bench. The sub vest would’ve suited him perfectly.

Had his number on my jumper and a pair of his boots that I couldn’t quite fit into as a 15 year old, I considered lopping off some toes but thought better of it. He was a gun. I had Fraser Murphy on the pine too, he was the original spark plug off the bench. The sub vest would’ve suited him perfectly.

I thought about Fraser as well but went with Syd Jackson. Did some magical stiuff

B Docherty Silvagni Doull
HB McKay.A Whitnall Hunter
C Bradley Williams Koutoufides
R Kreuzer Judd Ratten
HF Bosustow Kernahan Johnston
F Betts Fevola Lappin

INT Murphy Gibbs Ashman Simpson

Since 1979 BTW

Didn't see Jezza or Southby in their prime

Have Kreuzer in the ruck because of his hardness, heart and on-ball follow up work

Have Lance at CHB because he read the play so well there, played like a QB for us

Mid 90s, what a time to get going...

B: Rice Silvagni Dean
HB: McKay Sexton Simpson
C: Camporeale Koutoufides Bradley
HF: Lappin Kernahan Williams
F: Betts Fevola Whitnall
OB: Allen Ratten Judd
IC: C Curnow Docherty Hickmott Cripps
EM: Brown Christou Kreuzer

Remove this Banner Ad

Back