Your favourite commentary of the finals campaign

Remove this Banner Ad

Shadesof54

Debutant
Sep 18, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Huddo 's call on SEN in the immediate aftermath of the prelim,( ie straight after the siren,) sends chills down the spine. He sums up the passion and emotion perfectly.

I met him at the coffee shop before the game at the ground and he told me we were done and he couldnt see it happening !! How funny

Always will be Luke Darcy basically crying tears of joy at the end of the prelim

I liked the end of the GF when BT is trying to get him to call the final siren, but he was just lost in the moment

worbod

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2008
Bendigo
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Liverpool
Yesterday I was enjoying watching an octocall I have saved into my computer of Liam Picken's final goal in the grand final. During the 3AW call, after Picken has kicked the goal, Matthew Lloyd says, "The dogs have won the premiership Tone!"
Tony Shaw then says, "Tone, talk to us son. No, don't talk, take it in."
Tony Leonard then begins saying, "Well, the fatalist in me says, it's 2:14 to run..."
Before Leonard can finish his sentence, I love the way Tony Shaw chides him by simply saying, "AWWWWW TONY!!"

worbod

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2008
Bendigo
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Liverpool
Actually, within that octocall, in the ABC Grandstand call just before the 3AW call, one of the ABC commentators says, referring to 1954, that Robert Menzies was Prime Minister last time we won the flag. In his excitement the commentator then says, "Clive Churchill was the prime minister of the UK!"

Wrong Churchill, wrong code of football!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back