Your favourite English deck

Remove this Banner Ad

Ciderhound

Cancelled
Aug 15, 2009
AFL Club
Richmond
With the ashes just around the corner i figured this thread would be prudent.

For mine its The Oval..offers a bit for both batsmen and bowlers and seems to live in the limelight of Lords.

Whats yours?

From an Australian perspective , surely it has to be Lords. Since WW2, it has been our happiest hunting ground in England. We had a couple of down Tests in soggy years in 64 and 68(all out 78) but who can forget the classic game in 1972 when Bob Massie hooped it around to the extent that would make even Jimmy Anderson green and Greg Chappell played a magnificent hand. And it's not just that we've been successful, it's always been a result wicket but one on which good batsmen can get centuries.

Old Trafford personally.

Hate the Oval, it's an utter road there all the time.
It's probably the most batting friendly wicket in England but calling it a road seems a bit exaggerated. 10 of the last 11 tests there have had results and the one that was a draw was the 2013 Ashes Test where it rained for 2 and a half days.

It's probably the most batting friendly wicket in England but calling it a road seems a bit exaggerated. 10 of the last 11 tests there have had results and the one that was a draw was the 2013 Ashes Test where it rained for 2 and a half days.

Find myself bored for 3 days there though. Love all the other tests.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back