Mario Kart
Goldeneye 64
Forest Maze from Super Mario RPG
Super Mario World
Vice City
Super International Cricket
Mortal Kombat 1
Gran Turismo 3 A-Spec

Never played the Red Dead series but apparently they have great western soundtracks.

Playing Madden and MLB The Show exposes me to music I wouldn't necessarily go out of my way to listen to. Putting them to one side, I really enjoy Destiny's music (except having to hear it over and over again when we wipe at a raid boss).

In my view, this track is probably the best piece of music from the lot:

A lot people really enjoy this one (this was actually a fan-made redux of an earlier track that appeared in Destiny and was used by Bungie in the Rise of Iron DLC):

Going back over 20 years now, I loved the Descent II soundtrack (even got the CD separate from the game, I loved it that much):

Sep 17, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Baltimore Ravens
For a list that plays by OP's rules.

Metal Gear Solid 2
Mirror's Edge
Life Is Strange
Ori and the Blind Forrest
Splatoon
Sunset Overdrive
Hotline Miami
Resogun
Almost every Final Fantasy but FFVI-FFIX are especially great
Destiny has some great individual pieces of music to it

Nier Automata kills all of these.
Persona 5 is also great.

Feb 27, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
There are far too many to list.

Chrono cross is a standout though. Trigger not far behind.
As for a more current game. Octoptah traveller is impressing. Decisive Battle II has the godliest intro of all time.

i like the first three gens of pokemon music a lot, something wholesome about them, also appreciate how they extracted so much out of the hardware and made such good sounds from basically nothing

Persona 3, 4 and 5 music is all great for different reasons

beautiful melodys all throughout the wind waker

also <insert street fighter II music> - i tend to go back to this one a lot

so many really, the ocarina of time ending theme, the super mario world ending theme. also the pokemon TCG music

Feb 27, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
Been listening to a few Nihon Falcom game soundtracks lately mainly from the legend of heroes and YS games and my god they are so ******* good.

Here's octopaths Tressa pre boss battle music that beautifully transitions into decisive battle II. It's ******* top tier as *.

Back