Food, Drink & Dining Out Your Favourite Potato Chips

Remove this Banner Ad

How often would you guys eat chips?

And by eat chips, I mean a whole packet. It is literally impossible to have a bag to yourself, and not eat it in one sitting.
Maybe once a week and I usually eat the whole lot in one sitting

How often would you guys eat chips?

And by eat chips, I mean a whole packet. It is literally impossible to have a bag to yourself, and not eat it in one sitting.

Are we talking a large (multiple serving bag) or a single serve bag? I won't have chips often (perhaps once or twice per week) and will eat a whole multiple serve bag in one sitting. I'll enjoy the first 1/3, eat the second 2/3 out of habit and feel really sluggish for the next hour or so.

I never learn.

However if you stop at 1/3 and don't keep the bag sealed air tight, you might as well throw the rest of the chips away anyway.

Also, maybe pringles are different, but i don't think i've ever eaten a whole tube in one sitting, it's actually too much for me.

I'll get to half a packet gone, push them aside and say "Right, that's it." Then I have one last chip.

About fifty last chips later, I'll have eaten the whole packet. Every single time.

Anyway, favourites.

9400566006316_l.jpg
sam_bbq_pack_shot_main.png
thins_lt_pack_shot_main.png

Okay as the title suggests..

With so many varieties and flavors, ranging from boutique ,organic and the downright bizzare what is favorite potato chip .

mines pretty standard fare but I just luv these..

Less than 50% potato in pringles. :(

Gimme Red Rock Deli SEA SALT Chips - and I can fit my entire hand in the bag too!

Less than 50% potato in pringles. :(

Gimme Red Rock Deli SEA SALT Chips - and I can fit my entire hand in the bag too!
Was blissfully unaware of that fact but I'll go on believing it is still a chip :)

1. toobs 2. ruffles 3. samboy salt and vinegar 4. tasty jacks original 5. kettle chilli 6. smiths cheese and onion 7. grainwaves sour cream and chives

most disliked: samboy atomic tomato/smiths bbq (or any bbq), thins light and tangy, red rock original

They're probably biscuits to be fair, so I'm bending the rules, but considering I generally finish the pack in one sitting, they may as well be chips. Agree with general RRD Sweet Chilli and Grain waves consensus too.

images

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didn't mind Walkers Crisps in the UK.

I liked the novelty of their footballer themed flavours like Salt and Lineker and Cheese and Owen.
Roasted Judd (Roasted Spud?)
Sour Beams and Stynes (Sour Creams and Chives)
Clokey Bacon (Smokey Bacon)
Chris Mayne (Plain)

Does anyone remember the novelty Smiths? They had four flavours, and two of them were grouse. One was like, Bush Tucker?

There was Smith's Hamish and Andy's people's chip which I think was gravy flavour, never tried them but I would imagine they were shithouse as they aren't around anymore.

There was also the Smith's pie and sauce flavoured chips which were like gravy mixed with tomato sauce which was another fail.

Most novelty flavours are fail but you can get a few good ones.

Lays-2.gif

It sucks that they don't stock Lays in Australia anymore. Whenever I go to Singapore to visit Dad I find myself putting away 2 large packets a day. The epitome of mouth-watering.

toobs.jpg

Toobs are very high up there.
About 2 years ago I had never even tasted them..... I was sitting at Melbourne Airport waiting for a flight to the Gold Coast... I take a seat at the gate with about 20 minutes to board to plane and a bloke sits next to me with 2 bags of Toobs and a FHM Mag.... I look up and its none other than the great man Shane Warne....
If they are recommended by Warney then they are good enough for me.

Another one mentioned earlier is Grain Waves. Have been a massive fan lately.

A few old time favourites: Twisties, Burger Rings, Doritos & BBQ Shapes.

I rarely get a full packet of chips (or shapes), because it takes a lot of willpower not to eat it in one sitting, and it is like 40-50% of the average daily KJ intake.

I love them, but I try to find other snacks that arent as KJ heavy. Not easy. Being single sucks sometimes, it means you tend to avoid things like chips, pizza, etc, because you feel really sluggish unless 2-3 people get into it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back