bkozican

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 9, 2011
W.A
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
Title is pretty self explanatory....whats your favourite workout or exercise?

Find myself waiting for chest day and squats. I have a weird love with being at the bottom and the feeling of the burn standing back up with all the weight trying to keep you down....unfortunately that is the only part of leg day I like. My enthusiasm got down pretty fast after squats.

I always walk tall after my heavy legs session, nothing like some big squats and deads to make you feel good about life.

Love weighted pullups because I feel like a bad ass doing them with 30kg around my waist

Loving bench press at the moment, it's always been a weakness but I'm pushing out 100kg for reps at the moment and that feel pretty rewarding.

I love back day and arm day.

Really enjoy wide grip pull ups, rows, skull crushers and bicep curls.

I always feel awesome doing unassisted pull ups for some reason.

Boxing is my favourite. Probably because there are so many variations so it doesn't feel repetitive. Heavy bag, speed ball, different combos etc and feel like I get the most out of it.

Love weighted pullups because I feel like a bad ass doing them with 30kg around my waist
Massive effort - kudos.

Managed 4 x 8 with 20kgs last week for the first time ever (previously I was always failing on the 4th set), and just adding 2.5kgs more seems to make it way more difficult.

Massive effort - kudos.

Managed 4 x 8 with 20kgs last week for the first time ever (previously I was always failing on the 4th set), and just adding 2.5kgs more seems to make it way more difficult.
4 x 8 @ 20kg is probably harder than what I do, I go super low volume I'm pretty sure this is my best effort

Weighted Wide Grip Pullups 30kg 6,4,4

From December last year

At Crossfit we did a workout the other day that was fun. We had a pack of cards. Each suit stood for a different exercise(diamonds =push ups, hearts = pull ups, spades = box burpees and clubs = kettle bell swings). Someone drew a card and if it was say the 6 of diamonds we had do 6 push ups). If it was a face card we had to a 200 metre run. It was fun except the bit where we drew three face cards in a row.

At Crossfit we did a workout the other day that was fun. We had a pack of cards. Each suit stood for a different exercise(diamonds =push ups, hearts = pull ups, spades = box burpees and clubs = kettle bell swings). Someone drew a card and if it was say the 6 of diamonds we had do 6 push ups). If it was a face card we had to a 200 metre run. It was fun except the bit where we drew three face cards in a row.
Not sure I like the idea of random exercises. It's what keeps physio's busy with the crossfit concept. Crossfit's great when the PT knows his stuff.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure I like the idea of random exercises. It's what keeps physio's busy with the crossfit concept. Crossfit's great when the PT knows his stuff.

They were all exercises we do regularly. Our PTs are awesome. Very knowledgeable and experienced. They stress the importance of looking after ourselves and doing mobility stretches and exercises. I have had a lot less issues with injuries and soreness doing crossfit than I did when I was running.

35 years ago this was my favorite. I was the only kid on the block with a bullworker and still have it.

21488814168_b029bab415_o.jpg

Reverse pyramid, 5 sets
14 reps (90 secs rest), 12 reps (80 secs rest), 10 reps (70 secs rest), 8 reps (60 secs rest), 6 reps (The end).

1. KB swings with squat
2. Alternating single arm overhead press with squat (think push-press)
3. Frog jumps (standing long jump from A to B, from B to A) [1.5m - 5m]
4. Renegade Rows
5. Mountain Climbers

Single arm farmers walks (heavy) or walking lunges with arms at 30 deg abduction (3-5 kg, isometric supraspinatus) for a finisher.

Kettlebell swings
Brutally heavy farmers walks
Snatch grip carries
Deadlift
Dips - nailed a double body weight the other day and felt like a boss
Turkish get ups
Extremely slow bear crawls - nothing blasts my core more.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back