Votes: 45 28.5%
  • Average - Its ok, but there needs to be some improvements

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Poor - What a disaster

Votes: 5 3.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey Port fans,

We are wanting the fine people of this board to provide feesback about the state of the Port Adelaide forum.

If you would take a few moments to vote in the poll above, that would be useful. More importantly though it would be appreciated if you could post your thoughts about the forum in this thread.

Everything is fair game; from us the moderators, to the quality of the discussion on the board itself, to the structure of the forum and anything else you can think of.

How can we improve the board, what we are doing right, what we are doing wrong? Some insight into how you use the board, what you visit for and what you avoid would be useful to.

We as Moderators won't touch or reply to this thread for 7 days to allow everyone the chance to offer their feedback unimpeded by moderator intervention.

Please be mindful of the board rules before posting, as they also apply to this thread (keep it polite, keep it civil, refrain from getting personal regarding other posters). If you have problems with other users please contact the moderators privately. We reserve the right to delete posts that breach Board Rules.

The floor is yours. Go for it!

Your Mods
Ford, Macca, Forza & Rick

Originally I thought we needed some banter going back and forth with opposition supporters...but the reality is that most of them are troglodytes and I can knock trolls out of the park anyway so it's pretty much perfect. Even though I hate the negativity in game day threads, it's people's opinion, and they have a right to it.

The beer's overpriced, the pies are stale, and the game-day threads.. i don't know how people can watch the game when they're so busy forumming.

But in all seriousness, it's a great board, great people, great podcasts. I keep meaning to write more stuff here but am too busy reading to actually write...

I've only perused other teams boards to a small degree, but I'd put this one in the top echelon.

Two things that stand out compared to other footy sites and other team boards on bigfooty:

1. Generally genial interaction with other teams posters. There of course are the trolls (mostly Adelaide supporters), but I like that unlike a lot of boards there aren't threads that say Port Supporters Only!!!. The mods do a good job keeping the trolls in line. And who doesn't get a laugh from some of Alex's_vagina_is_on_fire's posts from time to time? I'd hate to head in the direction of those boards, it'd end up turning this board into a mirror of the Power from Port group think I hated.

2. The in depth analysis and reviews. I'm not in the category of Macca19, Portia or El_Scorcho , but I owe Bigfooty a debt of gratitude for over the years turning me from your typical Kick it damn it! Man up! What are they trying to do? fan with little to no idea of game plans, tactics or set plays to someone who can now appreciate football on more than one level. Again from some perusal of other boards I can't see another that has a collection of such astute footy brains. There are certainly informed posters from other teams, but for one of the smaller supported clubs on Bigfooty we have an over abundance of talent.

Has got better as far as a while back was a bit 'over moderated' and heavy handed. Certainly seen improvement on that front.

Needs moar Lynda Loades though....

It's my go to source for all things football, metal and conspiracy theories.

The one thing I notice with this board is that most disagreements are handled well. Not too many full on flame wars going on here as they do on other team boards.

Well run. Occasionally threads get sabotaged for the sake of fun, and the dumb, negative, we'regonnalose comments during the game day thread infuriates me, but the board is generally full of good, smart and funny people.
Needs a dislike button.

Ran well, good content, good podcasts, good reviews.

Only negative is watching some the match day threads during the games... Oh boy, some posters.
Game day threads are amusing. They are raw emotion without the filter of time, consideration and context restraining what we write. I'm as guilty as others of being like a bipolar sufferer who hasn't had their lithium, fluctuating within a game day thread from euphoria to despair and back again several times in a short period of time.

Well run. Occasionally threads get sabotaged for the sake of fun, and the dumb, negative, we'regonnalose comments during the game day thread infuriates me, but the board is generally full of good, smart and funny people.
Needs a dislike button.
Remember when they first migrated to whatever new board thingy we use now and you had all sorts of options, including a dislike. Those were the days my friend!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remember when they first migrated to whatever new board thingy we use now and you had all sorts of options, including a dislike. Those were the days my friend!

And the green light online alert, so you could talk about someone behind their back

:D
No.

absolutely love it but my Clown supporting husband is not so keen. He thinks i spend too much time on "Big Waste of Time" but he is often seen to be looking over my shoulder asking what are they saying about … incident?

I get so much from this site - i'm only sorry i contribute so little of worth to it. But LOVE this board it gives me more info than anywhere else.

absolutely love it but my Clown supporting husband is not so keen. He thinks i spend too much time on "Big Waste of Time" but he is often seen to be looking over my shoulder asking what are they saying about … incident?

I get so much from this site - i'm only sorry i contribute so little of worth to it. But LOVE this board it gives me more info than anywhere else.

Mrs P thinks I'm on here too much too!

Time to cut this bloke loose methinks. You could do so much better!

The only thing that grinds my gears is the rampant negativity on game day threads, but that is a symptom of what makes this board great, the freedom of expression. I never want that to change. Keep up the good work :thumbsu:

This is the best board on BigFooty.

Moderators who have the right balance of pulling people up and calling play on, given how much passion footy can generate. Not only that, but mods who genuinely know their footy as opposed to just being glorified traffic cops means there is probably more respect for moderators here than i've seen on other boards.

I think we handle opposition supporters better than any other club board in my experience.

Maybe it was because I came from TPFP originally, but there seems to be a real effort to let everyone have their say on this board, and we can have pretty full on discussions without it spiraling down to petty name calling etc and with a healthy amount of respect. The culture here is great. I think the way the TPFP refugees were adopted after it closed probably couldn't have happened on many other boards and I think they've added a lot.

It's not really about how the board is run (although i'd suggest the culture here has helped), but I feel like reading from some of the really terrific analysts we have on this board has really changed the way I watch football. Like Andre said, I was a footy supporter when I joined up in 2007 but I didn't really understand the game or tactics or have any idea at all really. It really gives you another level of enjoyment from going to the footy each week.

Everyone should be allowed to express their emotion in the game day thread, as long as it is not overdone or repetitive.​

Very well moderated. Good, informative discussions about players, game tactics etc. I've learnt a lot from reading stuff from some very astute posters.

I like that we often have strong differences of opinion but generally stay respectful of each other, of course there are some occasions :rolleyes:

We seem to have pretty well stopped the nasty, personal comments about some players that we used to see a while back.

Only negative would be some of the knee-jerk, ott comments in the game day threads and in the ensuing selection changes thread for a day or two. But it's easy enough to just avoid reading them.

I especially like the overall atmosphere of the board, good humour, good friendly banter and we seem to be welcoming to new posters

I only selected 'Good'.... Love the board and almost everything about it. However it is just the negativity from some in the gameday threads that ruin those for me. I read the rest, just not those very often.

Back