Votes: 45 28.5%
  • Average - Its ok, but there needs to be some improvements

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Poor - What a disaster

Votes: 5 3.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Too many posts get moved nowadays.

Sometimes they do belong in a thread, context wise, even though they've gone slighly sideways and are discussing something that at first glance may appear to not fit in with the title.

Ah, so we can click report button then?

Yes, if you see something you feel is offensive or against BigFooty rules use the report button.

The mods don't screen each and every post so the report button is an essential tool in keeping the forum enjoyable for all.

The mods on here do an excellent job, they don't need a little 'dobber' running around reporting people for every little negative comment somebody makes that upsets you.

Toughen up. Very little gets said on here that's overly offensive and if anyone goes down that path it gets dealt with fast enough.

The mods on here do an excellent job, they don't need a little 'dobber' running around reporting people for every little negative comment somebody makes that upsets you.

Toughen up. Very little gets said on here that's overly offensive and if anyone goes down that path it gets dealt with fast enough.
Creating a culture of hanging s**t on `dobbers' and telling people to `toughen up' is what creates toxic culture, anywhere.

Just this morning I read about how that culture has ****ed up Victoria Police - http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/f...e-victorias-police-force-20151207-glh6y3.html

We're lucky this is a forum and there's a cap on what can go wrong, but jesus, thinking that `dobbers' are ever the big problem is a disgraceful attitude for a human being.

Do you really think the mods are going to be drowned in a deluge of things that shouldn't be scrutinised? Whats the worse scenario; one where things that don't need moderation are considered for moderation (and then not changed), or one where things that should be moderated are not?

Firstly I am not a 'dobber' as you so kindly put and I beg to differ with your comments. There has been plenty of nasty stuff written about Mitchell etc. And, by the way, I thought this was a feedback request thread? Or do you prefer to bully people so they don't feel comfortable in giving feedback or asking questions?

I think the 'ignore' function is under-rated around here. I have probably 7 people on ignore who all in my eyes like to celebrate injuries and you know what, I don't have to dob on them to the mods nor do they annoy me anymore. It's pretty easy really.

I don't think mods tend to think that way. That's why they are often known to exaperatedly request that people report trolls rather than engaging them in argument, for example. The report function is there to make the mods jobs easier.

I think the 'ignore' function is under-rated around here. I have probably 7 people on ignore who all in my eyes like to celebrate injuries and you know what, I don't have to dob on them to the mods nor do they annoy me anymore. It's pretty easy really.
I get what you're saying, but Ignore doesn't actually fix the problem though, does it? You only start using Ignore when you're already invested in the site, and want to opt out of something.

If you want to improve the numbers of supporters on this board, then when people skim the stuff that goes on here, they'll quit before getting attached to the site, not use Ignore. Allowing shitheads to flourish by just hitting `ignore' and having them continue pretty much means that a large chunk of posters you add will either be shithead tolerant, or shitheads themselves.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think mods tend to think that way. That's why they are often known to exaperatedly request that people report trolls rather than engaging them in argument, for example. The report function is there to make the mods jobs easier.

Yes, please use the report button - it does get underutilised at times.

I think it is best if I respond to this in a PM.
Nah do it here so everyone can see what you're like

It is sad that you're offended more by the pointing out of sexism than the sexism itself; more prodded into action by my complaint than by hundreds of slurs. There's nothing you can say to justify that.

John Butcher, Jasper Pittard and Cam O'Shea like this post.

Seriously though... I try not to whip the lads mindlessly but IMO there probably should be a little leeway for "spontaneous anger" in Match Day Threads.

John Butcher, Jasper Pittard and Cam O'Shea like this post.

Seriously though... I try not to whip the lads mindlessly but IMO there probably should be a little leeway for "spontaneous anger" in Match Day Threads.

I agree about the leeway in match day threads as long as I also get leeway to hang s**t on the worst offenders in said thread. ;)

Nah do it here so everyone can see what you're like

It is sad that you're offended more by the pointing out of sexism than the sexism itself; more prodded into action by my complaint than by hundreds of slurs. There's nothing you can say to justify that.

This sort of thing is called the "not all men" derailing/defense...

https://suite.io/bailey-poland/6s1g2mv

Also, re the idea that critics of bad behaviour, like Clementine Ford, owe it to the bloody offender to "play nice"...

https://newmatilda.com/2015/12/09/p...sogynistic-lesson-in-respectability-politics/

There's a risk of going OT here so I'll stop there. My point is mainly to illustrate some thinking about standards of behaviour, not to debate the specifics.

There's a moderator I'd like to put on ignore sometimes, but it seems that's not possible. Replies to ignored posts can sometimes be confusing.

Hey guys, we need to have a chat about the sexist s**t that keeps relentlessly coming up on this board.

Can you give some examples?

I must say I haven't noticed it, but I'm not sensitised to the issue.

I did get howled down by a mod because I took issue with inappropriate sexual content

I did get howled down by a mod because I took issue with inappropriate sexual content
I don't moderate this board. I (and many others) simply disagreed with you. It had nothing to do with moderation or board culture, and the content was not inappropriate or sexual.

Back