Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
Aug 10, 2013
Wolf Creek
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Zyzz ~ Forever mirin'
2006/2007 - U/12's, medium sized forward, bobbed up for a couple of goals a game, not much else. Was good with my skills and at ground level, loved a snap over a set shot.

2008 - first year of graded competition in U/14's, serviceable forward in the 2's, we got pumped every week though so there wasn't a whole lot to laugh about as a goal kicker. Many a scary day travelling out to Thomson or Corio early in the morning.

2009 - U/14's 2's premiers, such a great feeling. I have vivid memories of this season. I was reinvented as a full-back as I started to get a bit taller, still skinny as a rake though, was 176cm/54kg. Relished the FB role after hating it initially. Come the grand final we were 3 goals up with three minutes left against the best team all year. I don't know how, but we nearly threw it away. The opposition hit back hard and levelled the scores. We went into extra time, after spending the second half of the final term on the pine I got thrown into the forward line in extra time. Immediately took a mark from just outside 50 and bombed it long to the top of the square, one of my best mates takes a mark and kicks the goal to win the game. Awesome stuff.

2010/2011 - Up to the U/16's. Back to being a forward in the 2's. Still yet to ever play a 1's game. At times I kicked a few goals but generally it was pretty tough as I was still dealing with Severs Disease in the heels that I had since about 2006. It is a shocker of a problem and really affects your bone spurs etc.

2012 - First year in U/18's, felt much more like a part of the club, doing my job as a forward in the 2's still, had shot up in height though and was also a part time ruckman. Missed the first six weeks of the season through shin splints. Couldn't take a trick, fractured shins on both legs. Learnt to hate boxing. Kicked a bag of 6 in the wet one cold day and took a screamer too, umpire clapped me as I took the mark, one of my favourite games. I always had the ability to kick very opportunistic goals that were more suited to small crumbing forwards but I was too inconsistent and went missing at times. Regardless I still won our team goal kicking with about 25 goals for the year.

2013 - Final year of junior footy in U/18's, began to love training because I hated fitness work so much. Coach took a punt on me by putting me in the 1's round one and it's paid off, have held my spot the last seven or eight weeks and really loving my footy after basically conceding I was giving up at the end of last year. Have become a full time ruckman and my size is now 194cm/79kg. Still skinny but have filled out a bit more, still go down forward occasionally, but just love being a part of a team where there's greatly skilled midfielders to palm the ball down to. Best part of being a ruckman is that you are always in the play.

Overall it is a stroke of luck that my last year in footy has been my most enjoyable but it also comes down to a bit of perseverance and belief that I finally made the 1's side after six years. :)
Are you the youngest mod wow

Gibbsy

Cakewalk
Oct 12, 2009
Geetroit
AFL Club
Collingwood
I may have only joined in August this year but I have followed the BF forums for a couple of years and going by your posts I had you pegged at around 30. And while I'm at it, who is your avatar? I can't figure out who it is.

Yeah, many believe I'm 30 or even older, not sure how to take that haha.

And the avatar is actually from this strange Japanese advertisement!

Dan Moody

That, was liquid football
Apr 3, 2007
AFL Club
Collingwood
I'd like to go way back, back into time....
1977 - aged 7, mini short people - played 6 games then fell off the back of the coaches truck at a game in Officer and broke collarbone. Season over.
1978 - short people, played the whole season, won b & f
1979 - under 10's, played up a year and with kids a year older. Won most courageous
1980 - under 10's, won b & f, kicked 62 goals including 8 in my 50th game.
1981 - under 11's, changed clubs, won b & f, team went s**t
1982 - under 12's, changed clubs as previous club couldn't get numbers. Had vote count on presentation day, got 2nd most votes but was not presented with a trophy. Needless to say, my old man took me to another club along with 3 other kids who saw the nepotism going on at that club.
1983 - under 13's, changed clubs, won most determined, 4th in voting. Finished playing junior football
1990 - senior football, played every game, finished 3rd in club b & f
1991 - same club, played 8 games, tore Achilles, season over.
1992 - played every game, 4th in b & f
1993 - ripper pre-season, played every game, kicked 58 goals from CHF, won league b & f by 9 votes
1994 - did pre-season with Sandringham VFL, played 6 reserves games, gave up due to work commitments.

I think I got the most out of my ability

Aug 23, 2010
Information Superhighway
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Exers, Gryffindor, Rich+Ess AFLW, Tassie
Yeah, many believe I'm 30 or even older, not sure how to take that haha.

And the avatar is actually from this strange Japanese advertisement!

That explains it.

I thought it was some sort of American movie with one of Will Ferrell's cronies in it.

Plus, the mo looks Hall or Oates esque.

Apr 22, 2009
In My House :)
AFL Club
Richmond
03-05
Played Under 13's for the mighty Tigers. Didn't lose a game in that period and won the 3 flags. Played mainly in the FP/FF role with a switch to the wing in my final year.

06'- Went to the local towns team's under 14's where all the under 13's went to play after they finished. We were middle of of the range team. Pushing for finals, but missing out by two games. Again, played mainly Forward.

07' Switched to another league and played with a team just outside of town. A lot of travel to places in the middle of woop-woop. Again, middle of the range team, just missing out on finals. A lot of players moved on at the end of the year. Again, forward.

08' Worst season of under's, winning just two games for the season. Lack of players, meant we played without a bench and often had to be loaned players just to get to 18 a side. Was put all over the ground, often playing on the HFF line, with permission to just run everywhere. Being 6'2, with a solid build, I think I surprised my opponents by my speed and endurance. Could often keep up with the centers and wingers. (Gotta work with what you have)

09' Finished the season with 13 wins out of 18 games. Gained a lot of players during the off-season with a change of coach as well. Won our first 5 matches by over 150 points in each game. Played mainly forward, having my PB season. Ended up with 30 goals to my name at the end of the season (was lucky to kick 10 in every other season I played.)
Finished 5th and was knocked out in the first EF. Was a bitter pill to swallow.

12' Played ressies after taking a two years off. Didn't win a game all year and our average losing margin would have been 150 points. Was chucked everywhere. FB. Flank. Wing. Ruck. FF. Bench (when we had one)

14' Played a game this year when my local team was short. Was quite evident I hadn't played in a while after running to the wing when I was put on and being knacked.

15' Hoping to play again next season, been training and getting back into it slowly. Study might prevent me from playing though.

grundog49

Club Legend
Jul 28, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt
2012-Under 13's
First season playing for a club. Played forward pocket/back pocket. Had no clue what I was doing. Won most courageous award.

2013-Under 14's
My worst season. Played in a position I hated. Didn't work hard enough to play any other positions. Played back/forward pocket.

2014-Under 15's
Best season so far. Played Midfield and on the flanks. I got my nickname "mad dog" this season because of my attack on the ball. Played two games in the under 17's and won the best team man award.

2015-Under 17's
I broke my arm before the preseason and I had a delayed start. I've put my hand up to be an inside mid and will probably cement myself there. Im doing some training with the u19 and I'm hoping to try out with a TAC cup club.

HTPunter

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Little League - regularly kicked bags, regularly won games out of the midfield kicking goals and dominating clearances (was only kid who could read a hitout)

U14/U16's - played in a comp with more than 20 players. Regularly got 10 disposals. Regularly laid a tackle

U18's - 'skinny fat' kid who was more focused on his studies by this time. Would get a run in the back pocket every now and then, usually sat on the bench having a laugh and keeping warm for 3/4's

Retired after that. Made a comeback one pre-season a few years after trying to have a jog around for the ressie's that year, fractured patella on one of those 'lightning premierships' (pre-season premiership in 1 day), 6-8 weeks out + fitness gone.

King Notorious

There is only one☝♕
May 28, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Napoli, AUFC, Lakers, Patriots
Junior Years:
2003 -
First year playing for the Junior's Premiership. Team started out well and started to slump half way through the year. However, we finished on a high as we made it to the Semi Final and were eventually knocked out by the eventual champions. My season was ok and kicked a fair few goals in my 1st season as a CHF.

2004 - Vast amount of numbers for our age level allowed the club to separate the team into an A side and B side. I was originally part of the A side who half way through the season were undefeated. However, I was wrongfully transferred into the B side along with 5 others for reasons I still don't know why. The B side won 3 times and lost the rest whilst the A side lost only once and went on to win the Premiership. After playing half the year with the A side, I was robbed of my first Premiership and it hurt. Season accomplishments: Won Most Improved

2005 -
Played horrible all year. History repeated itself, but I was one of the standouts. The team lost every single game and lost by a huge margin (100+) every week. I decided it was unfair how they kick players out in favour for new SANFL Type Kids who never even trained once. Also, I was ignored by the other players and ridiculed for 'not playing soccer' as I'm Italian, After the season I left clubs.
Season accomplishments: Won Most Improved and Coaches Award

2006 -
Decided to quit club footy all together and the play for school. We played well all year but there was no Grand Final, rather it was for Leisure Purposes. Season Accomplishments: Kicked most goals for the season and won Best Player Award.

Development years:
2007 -
Once again, I was demoted from the A side to the B side at my high school football team. The school coaches were not used to Europeans playing football as they all played for the schools soccer team. Proved them all wrong and made a name for myself after winning the goal kicking award. Finished mid table and Played one year with them and decided to quit school footy due to the politics.
Season Accomplishments: Kicked most goals for the season.

2008 - Made my return to Club football since 2005 Season started very well but ended on a poor note. Won the first 5 games but lost the rest. I broke my collarbone and was out for rest of the season.
Fell 5 votes short of Player of the Year.

2009 - Unfortunantely the season was exactly the same the previous. We started off with 2 wins and lost the remainder of the season. My motivation was destroyed as I felt I will never have a successful season in football and felt cursed. I noticed I was fatter so I Lost a good amount of weight and played defence for the year. My biggest highlight was reducing the leagues highest scorer to no goals during one of our matches. Won team's defender of the year (mock award)

Senior Football.
2010 -
Made my way into Under 18's for the first time. Season started piss poor and we lost every game until Round 8 by a huge margin and the thoughts of another failed season began again. Finals seemed a long dream away but we worked together and won the remaining 8 games to finish in the Top 6 by 1 point. My season was average. I did not get a lot of game time (sometimes I will only play for 5 minutes in the last quarter) but when I did play those games, got regular dispoals and kicked goals. We played a league favourite in the Semi Final and we came back from 5 goals down in the last quarter to kick the game winner 10 seconds before the game was over. After defying the odds, we made it to the Prelim Final, but unfortunately dreams were cut short. The game was a total blowout and after winning 8 games in a row and fighting our way out of the bottom to make the finals, the disappointment was devastating. Although we failed, I gained the respect of fellow A grade players for my performance in such short game times.
Season Accomplishments: Most Improved Award

2011 - History did not repeat itself. The worst season on record finishing with 1 win and 16 loses. Motivation was out the door and I couldn't be bothered going through it again. I quit after the season was over.

2013 - C Grade. The interstellar season. The season went on the be the best in my lifetime. We won every game of the season and I made impact's throughout the whole season. Just when I thought i would never have a Grand Final opportunity, and after searching for victory and suffering defeat after defeat every season.... the day came. The GF was finally here. We won the Premiership Undefeated. But unfortunately, I didn't win it. I was dropped for the Grand Final by the coach who chose a new player who came from a higher division and never played a game or trained with us. He told me not to take it personally but he was putting the team first. Teammates were outraged that I didn't get chosen and I was devastated. Winning the flag after playing the whole season being loyal at training and every game and missing out the Final was bittersweet beyond belief.

2014 - My premiership dream did not come back. We flopped big time. The coach who made that decision to drop me employed horrific tactics in a new league (promoted to div 4). We went on to lose every single game and we were embarrassed for him. He was sacked after the season.

2015 - Dislocated my shoulder at the start of 2nd quarter in Round 3. Surgery was needed and I am out for the season.

Robbed of Premierships 3 times. But yet my premiership dream, still continues.

Feb 18, 2003
Hoppers Crossing
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool
1985 - Under 10's Glenorden (WSFL). 3 matches. First game half-forward flank, 2nd game forward pocket, 3rd game interchange.

1986 - Woodville primary grade 5. 3 games. 1 goal.

1987 - Woodville primary grade 6. 3 games - one of which representing the school against Glen Orden primary.

1989 - Laverton secondary year 8. 1 match as a goal umpire.

1990 - Laverton secondary year 9. 3 games in Footscray Cup. Werribee Secondary, Williamstown high and Williamstown Tech the opposition.

1991 - Laverton secondary year 10. 2 games in Footscray Cup. Oppoents were Deer Park High and St. Albans high. Captain for the latter match, my final match as a player.

1997 - Debuted for the VAFA as a goal umpire. 195 games 1997-2006 and since returning in 2011, have umpired another 95, for 290 in total currently. Throw in practice, school and other midweek matches, the figure is closer to 350.

All told, active involvement in footy is approximately 362 matches for 1 goal.

95blues

Club Legend
Apr 30, 2009
brisbane
AFL Club
Carlton
1994 - Under 11's, played first season for Western Brisbane Side
1999 - QLD Under 17's
2000 - QLD Under 18's (captained by Brad Miller) - Also won 18's Premiership (my first and last)
2001-2002 - Did preseasons with the lions, Was never going to crack that side (midfielder), encouraged to move interstate but at that point I was losing interest. Do have some interesting stories about some of the players though, Aker in particular.
2003 - 2005 - Played in QLD State League - Was a bit over the seriousness of it all by now. Wanted to play for fun, but didn't want to deal with QLD Football club politics. Retired end of 2005.

Bert Man

Premiership Player
Jul 22, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
PSG, ARSENAL
1994 - Under 11's, played first season for Western Brisbane Side
1999 - QLD Under 17's
2000 - QLD Under 18's (captained by Brad Miller) - Also won 18's Premiership (my first and last)
2001-2002 - Did preseasons with the lions, Was never going to crack that side (midfielder), encouraged to move interstate but at that point I was losing interest. Do have some interesting stories about some of the players though, Aker in particular.
2003 - 2005 - Played in QLD State League - Was a bit over the seriousness of it all by now. Wanted to play for fun, but didn't want to deal with QLD Football club politics. Retired end of 2005.
Interesting, please share.

Sounds like you were quite a handy player.

95blues

Club Legend
Apr 30, 2009
brisbane
AFL Club
Carlton
Interesting, please share.

Sounds like you were quite a handy player.

There was an elderly man that seemed to track me down for a chat at almost every game I played in from 18-23, he said he liked to watch me play because I played like his favourite AFL player - David King... I took it as a compliment ;)

As for stories... there's one that really sticks out in my mind and it was my introduction to just how competitive the guys are at that level:

- It was preseason training and we had just finished doing a mountain of time trials/shuttles/cycles/circuits and a million other vomit inducing repeat effort type exercises. Aker was given the choice of the final exercise and he picked repeat 100 metre sprints (joy). I think he assumed (being aker) that finishing with something he was likely to dominate would look pretty good. Unfortunately he failed to run his plan by the other guys, either that or they knew his reasoning and wanted to stir him up.

I think it was Tim Notting who won the first 8-10 sprints, at which point Aker was getting a bit aggro. He finally finished ahead of Notting only for Luke Power to step up and win the next 10 or so straight. At this point it was obvious that it would all stop as soon as Aker won one. Personally I would have let him get the very next sprint (probably why I didn't crack the list!) But none of the guys were going to let anyone win anything.

Very long and painful story from then onwards, but I think Aker won the 73rd sprint and that's when the session ended.

Have never liked him since :)

theghost

Debutant
Feb 18, 2006
AFL Club
Richmond
I'll give it a go...... I played at all levels of footy ...top to bottom ....won multiple league B&F.....club B&F....multiple goalkicking awards and represented multiple leagues and member of multiple teams of century.

Bert Man

Premiership Player
Jul 22, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
PSG, ARSENAL
I'll give it a go...... I played at all levels of footy ...top to bottom ....won multiple league B&F.....club B&F....multiple goalkicking awards and represented multiple leagues and member of multiple teams of century.
AFL Live does not count.

Emily Blunt

Draftee
Jul 7, 2017
Castle Hill
AFL Club
Sydney
My Career highlight was kicking 5 objectives after half time on Jobe Watson when he played for East Sandringham, this was under 16s and I kicked 7 for the match being a man youngster in jr footy was incredible until the point that I quit developing and everybody gotten up to speed...

Perhaps time for an update

1999: Under 17's Brothers AFC Rockhampton. Mainly used off Half Back Flank but sometimes was a pinch hitting ruckman. Played in losing GF side, had 1 kick for day. Current umpire Ben Ryan wanted it to be kicked to him, I went long up the line.

2000: Under 16's Brothers AFC Rockhampton, Reserves Brothers AFC Rockhampton, Capricornia Under 16 team. Named Deputy Vice Captain of Under 16's, playing in a variety of roles given the competition was a shambles all year. Only 2 clubs had enough players for a team, and we had 2 Yeppoon players in our ranks. Even worse was the rep team, where there were 19 players cobbled together. We managed to get a ring-in from a combined Townsville-Mackay team.....but he went back to Townsville/Mackay after one of their players got carted off in an Ambulance. We finished the 3 day carnival with 18 fit players of which a few were suffering cramp. Played mainly CHB. Played 12 reserves games after the old man (who filled in as a coach) reluctantly played the Under 16 players to fill the bench, played mainly forward. Kicked only goal we kicked in a reserves 1st semi (4 goals to 1, it pissed down rain, the seniors lost by a point and it was a 5 goal to 4 game)

2001: 13 Reserves games, 2 senior games (one club didn't have a reserves), played off half back mainly. Played in losing finals team but remember kicking the ball out an awful lot in the last quarter after behinds.

2002: 14 Reserves games, 3 senior games....filled in all sorts of roles. Kicked first goal in seniors in a night match......but I barely got many other kicks and my wallet and keys were stolen.

2003: 15 Reserves, don't know seniors.....mainly played up forward. Hurt knee in 2nd last game playing as a ruckman (and playing well too, asswipe crunched me after I marked and stuffed my knee up) and carried into last round.

2004: 15 Reserves, 1 seniors.....again played up forward.

2005: 15 reserves.....played forward except for 1 game where tried back at half-back. 10 minutes into first quarter pinged hamstring, 5 minutes later old man joined me on bench having done his calf. Had to play the next week with pinged hamstring to avoid fine for late forfeit. Was next in line to play senior 1st semi final (was only other bloke to bring playing gear!) but injury to former bulldog listee Paul O'Shea happened 2 minutes before bounce during warm-up, AFTER team sheets were signed and exchanged. Seniors won flag, I was stuck babysitting!

2006: 15 reserves, 1 seniors.....kicked goal in only senior appearance with last kick of the day (they'd kicked 30, that was our 2nd for the day, not quite backyard dreams stuff). Again used forward almost exclusively.

2007: 14 reserves, I think 7 seniors....reserves forfeited last round fixture as we only had 20 players available, like we had for several games that season. Forward line in 2's, wherever in seniors (often trying to be extra in defence after 10 minutes). Carried off on stretcher in 2nd last senior game of season, limped back on after mandatory 20 minute period off ground as we only had 16 players to start with! Even played in a team that started last quarter with 11 players on ground (started with 18, 7 injuries), president convinced umpire to call game off. In 29 senior and reserves combined fixtures club won ONE game, the first reserves game! Had one game at full-back on monster full-forward and held him to 3 when he'd averaged 5-6 a game.

2008: 15 reserves, 3 seniors....Captain of reserves and went 0-15. Of the 3 senior appearances I was on the ground for 30 seconds in 1 game and 1 minute in another, not injured in the first instance but later found to have injured calf during reserves before other (the 2nd game I was uninjured and even decided to sledge the opposing player-coach, "Fat guy like me running you down, god you must be slow").

2009: 15 reserves....so called coach had no idea about football and probably wanted me out so if he was reappointed after 2009 I would have simply quit playing.

2010: 12 reserves.....dropped from winning reserves GF team 3 weeks after kicking 2 goals from 4 kicks in semi final. Announced retirement in May effective end of season after getting sick of being left out because I was working and someone thought it wasn't a good enough excuse to skip training. Convinced to this day this was NOT reserves coach, but someone else who forced him into saying it. Same with GF side, convinced it wasn't the call of the reserves coach to leave me out (he had me in).

2011: 14 Reserves.....played in losing GF team having being convinced to come back, but come back is now on my terms given football is no longer be all and end all.

2012: 13 Reserves, 3 seniors.....missed reserves semi final after re-aggravating calf injury. Played more on-ball rather than exclusively forward. Even spent 10 minutes of a senior game at full back and kept him kickless......stand in coaches then rested me (I'd played whole reserves game) and literally a minute later opponent kicks goal.
=========================================================================================================================

2013: 11 Reserve, 3 Seniors.....given short lived role taking down stats for new coach. Often that would mean I'd leave the ground before the reserves game had ended provided there were enough players to do so (often it wasn't). Filled in as a player for 3 of the last 4 games (missed the last because I ran the City2Surf in Sydney instead), playing a role in the senior side's only win for the season. Intriguingly was played as a half forward in the 2's, but always seemingly played half back or wing when in the seniors.

2014: 13 Reserves, 5 Seniors....doubled up 4 times. Started to find myself on the outer after a mid season coaching change, probably because in my mind I was seen to be probably too close to the past administration (truth is I've not spoken to the past coach since his resignation, and only have seen him rarely driving his cab). Quietly resigned myself to not playing next season as the lure of running marathons became increasingly appealing.

2015: 7 Reserves....wasn't going to play but convinced by incoming reserves coach to do so. I saw it as a favour for a mate given we'd known each other for close to 20 years. Foot and hamstring injuries as well as off field issues (living arrangements) conspired to restrict my on field involvement. Unleashed into the middle for the last game and do nicely. Unfortunately before the next season starts said reserve coach suddenly passes away. 200th club game (combined seniors and reserves) recognised, one of 9 players at the club to reach that marker.

2016: 15 Reserves....didn't look like getting a look in at senior level despite solid performances at full back (save for one game where the veteran opponent pulled out all sorts of moves to kick 7). Final insult was being promised a spot in the last game on the Tuesday before the game, then 2 nights later being shunted to first emergency. The week before the seniors decided not to have me play 2 games and instead play with 16 players against the top team, didn't even get asked to go around again having spent all day battling hard against the odds in the 2's. Finish the year runner up in the Reserves B&F, yet didn't find out until March 2017 when a cleanout of the sheds saw some trophies being held over from the presentation night. I was in Perth preparing for the City to Surf Marathon.

2017: 5 Reserves....AND CURRENT Reserve Grade Coach. Answered the call to find a coach 6 days before the Level 1 coaching course. First game was a forfeit owing to having just 26 registered players, 2 of whom were the coach of the seniors and the team manager who hadn't played in years (my team manager by contrast is a 17 year old girl repeating grade 11, but is still more organised than many others I know). In the games where I've had to play I've inserted myself into the centre using coaches privilege. Got a few kicks against the top team,but only went fairly against the other teams I've played against. Currently the team is 2-8, but a game and percentage out of 4th with 5 to play and 2 (perhaps 3 depending on how Gladstone travel) winnable games to come. Actually finding it harder to fill the votes for the B&F than it is to come up with a game plan!

Add to that several appearances umpiring Under 13's, 15's and women's games....

Nov 9, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
76ers/Rockies/Colts/West Ham
I started out as a forward because I was a fairly big kid. I played for a team that wasn't very good and when I came in, helped the team a little, though we still didn't get a win and I only kicked about 15 goals as a full forward, I was well ahead in the team goal kicking.

I joined a new team, though I stopped growing so I began playing as a smaller forward, didn't really do a whole lot. I kicked about 3 goals in 5 games and struggled to get involved, before the coach decided to try me down back and that's where I became most valuable. I was always hard at the ball and I became a competent medium sized defender through the rest of my junior footy. I was never a high possession winner, more of a stopper, never the best player in my team but I did my bit and won an u/16's flag.

I no longer play football, didn't play much at senior level, only a few seasons where I continued as a smaller defender. I played division 2 and went up from the reserves to the seniors quite alot, rarely played more than 3 games in the reserves before I got another call up to the seniors and I applied myself well enough, but the seniors were quite strong and I would find myself making way.

So yeah, I was an OK player, I could mark the ball and I could kick it long enough, not out of my depth in the seniors but was never really safe in the side. I played an elimination final, which we won, but I made way in the second final for somebody else. I think if I had changes clubs, I might have got more senior football, but I liked the club I played for and was happy playing in the twos. I was generally in the teams best in the twos, never quite best on ground, but I did my bit.

Have since stopped playing because I just can't be bothered training.

I started at around age 30ish
B grade country footy old mid Murray league sa
Won 5 flags, lost one, played about 110 games or there abouts
Got bog for the side in the losing gf at hbf in the pouring rain.
Good old country b grade not too massively serious footy
Where u hobble to the cars around the boundary after playing, fire the bbq have a couple of beers eat chops and snags and yell s**t at the umpire for crap decisions in the A grade game.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Played paddock footy up until pre-seasons started in February and interfered with cricket & drinking. Then I preferred watching North & drinking in winter.

As a player I was too short to be slow, but had a crack.

basashi

Premiership Player
Jun 18, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
FFC Quay Club
I started at around age 30ish
B grade country footy old mid Murray league sa
Won 5 flags, lost one, played about 110 games or there abouts
Got bog for the side in the losing gf at hbf in the pouring rain.
Good old country b grade not too massively serious footy
Where u hobble to the cars around the boundary after playing, fire the bbq have a couple of beers eat chops and snags and yell s**t at the umpire for crap decisions in the A grade game.

That's the beauty of reserves footy. League players cant have a beer while they watch the twos can they?

Back