Universal Love Your football experiences!

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 9, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
Talking about bags of goals in another thread got me thinking about my football experiences.
Give us your interesting football experiences from your time playing football.

My funniest one I can think of was tackling a bloke and realizing he was wearing a g string.

Another one, was playing a SAPSASA lightning carnival, I wore my kit to the game and brought a towel and a jumper.
Not realizing I had to give the shorts and guernsey back after the matches.
We won the carnival and I had to go up and accept a medal with just a jumper and a towel on.
Very embarrassing.

Last edited:
In 2010 when I was 18 I played my 2nd year of A grade footy in the Adelaide Plains League. I go to full back against United and played on Peter Burgoyne the year after he retires from AFL haha great learning experience he kicked 4.0 on me but didn’t move from the goal square so was able to run off him a fair bit. Played against him later in the year and again he kicked 4 on me. Great fun

Our under 18 teams went through the season undefeated, beat the next bets side by 10 goals, got to finals and went straight out with back to back losses. Still the best team I've ever played in!

The same year we made it to the last 8 sides in the state for high school footy and played Essendon Keilor College with an AFL listed player as our ruck (Cam Wight from doggies) and we happened to run into Brock Mclean who kicked 12 goals from the goal square that day. One of the more amazing performances I've seen.

I was once playing school footy against a terrible team in defence (where I usually played because I was ******* horrible).

Managed to get a kick out to myself, run the length of the (shorter than usual) field with about 10 bounces dodging and weaving blokes left and right. Felt like the best player to ever have played the game. At the time I was very quick too.

Burned off everyone including team mates and got to 20m out from goal and missed the shot badly. Like full on sprayed it out on the full.

Fun times

Talking about bags of goals in another thread got me thinking about my football experiences.
Give us your interesting football experiences from your time playing football.

My funniest one I can think of was tackling a bloke and realizing he was wearing a g string.

Another one, was playing a SAPSASA lightning carnival, I wore my kit to the game and brought a towel and a jumper.
Not realizing I had to give the shorts and guernsey back after the matches.
We won the carnival and I had to go up and accept a medal with just a jumper and a towel on.
Very embarrassing.
Was that on the then Railway oval

Played juniors at Kangarilla oval in pouring rain and hail, and the ground was about a metre of soft mud, with some large swimming pools.

They kicked 37 goals, to our 2 points.

I played full forward

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Playing u17s

A skinny lad gets the old sandwich hip and shoulder from two of my team mates, simultaneously a third who was our man child ran the old shirt front on the poor kid. A triple teamed hip and shoulder. He literally screamed. Was one of the funniest things ive seen.

Side note: was ok after a while.

On SM-N981B using BigFooty.com mobile app

State junior trial game. Had got down to the last 40 or so players so they had two teams play before picking their final team. At Prospect Oval. I kicked a couple at full forward. Missed a couple too but thought I did ok overall. Full forward on the other team kicked 12 (Tredrea). They went with him

Also playing full back once in a school game I got dragged off Chad Cornes because he'd kicked 5 goals on me in the first half (he finished with 15)

State junior trial game. Had got down to the last 40 or so players so they had two teams play before picking their final team. At Prospect Oval. I kicked a couple at full forward. Missed a couple too but thought I did ok overall. Full forward on the other team kicked 12 (Tredrea). They went with him

Also playing full back once in a school game I got dragged off Chad Cornes because he'd kicked 5 goals on me in the first half (he finished with 15)
Obviously you dominated him in the first half, the other fullback was shite

Won my teams goal kicking award from u11s to u13s.

Lead out chest mark kick a goal. I was the big heavy kid.

Everyone else got taller, I didn't. U14s I retired when I had to chase the ball.

Do regret that.

Did get back into it for a while whilst at Uni though.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Was playing full back against Walkerville @ Walkerville after heavy rain so it was a bog. The ball came down our end and I could see it was going to drop short in the mud, took of at a full tilt (jog for most) hit the ball with a clean pick up, thought how good! and braced for the contact I was expecting from behind....didn't come, fell backwards flat in the mud, looked around to see the full forward still standing in the goal square laughing.

Hallett Cove oval is on a big raised mound. In u17s there, apart from fights breaking out all day, there was a moment where our FB and their FF were on the ground wrestling in the square. Then they rolled down the hill and off the ground.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back